sagarbhathwar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Knee "hollowness", cracking and discomfort from few weeks

My leg day workout consists of the following:
    6 sets of squat - 6 to 8 reps
    3 sets of inclined leg press - 10 to 12 reps
    3 sets of standing calf raises - 10 to 12 reps
    3 sets of sitting calf raises - 10 to 12 reps
    3 sets of hamstring curls - 10 to 12 reps

Of-late, my knees feel hollow and after today's workout, I'm having slight pain on the upper portion of both knees. I also feel 'cracking' in both knees when I extend my legs, coming from the top portion.

My squat form(Can't post entire link due to restriction, broken down). The weights is 90 pounds:
    youtu (dot) be (slash) bQ0zZ3GvY3Q

Also, everyone in my gym, including instructor don't know the right form. They are okay even when I lift my heels(as I did two times in the video), my shoulders go forward etc. So, I'm asking for help here. Is the squat form okay or should I improve?

NOTE: I noticed I lock my knees when doing standing calf raises. Could this be a problem?

If this is an injury or an imminent injury, what's the recommended rest time?

Thanks

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 05-23-2018 at 11:46 AM. Reason: wasting my time ITT
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The pain may not be related to squat technique. It may be due to muscle imbalance, where quads are stronger than posterior chain. Your current routine actually is neglecting it. 2 quad dominant exercises and only 1 crappy leg curl? You want to add deadlifts or RDL to your workout, otherwise say hello to Patellofemoral pain syndrome

sagarbhathwar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    The pain may not be related to squat technique. It may be due to muscle imbalance, where quads are stronger than posterior chain. Your current routine actually is neglecting it. 2 quad dominant exercises and only 1 crappy leg curl? You want to add deadlifts or RDL to your workout, otherwise say hello to Patellofemoral pain syndrome
    I do conventional deadlift on Pull day after by back and bicep routine. Would stiff legged deadlift on leg day be a better option?