Karlo717 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Help a begginer out

Hello im trying to get back to the gym consistently after falling off for a long time, at the beginning i winged it and didnt calculate my calories because i was new to all this fitness stuff. Now im trying to calculate a deficit and i stumbled apon this so just asking for some help. Does anyone know how to calculate a deficit actually accurately? There seems to be alot of inaccurate information and formulas because ive tried a couple and they either make me lose a lot of weight or no weight and i just seem to be losing water weight.

IF you guys have a formula that actually works or can give me a rough start point or a calculator that would be appreciated so much

Thanks

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Karlo717 View Post
    Hello im trying to get back to the gym consistently after falling off for a long time, at the beginning i winged it and didnt calculate my calories because i was new to all this fitness stuff. Now im trying to calculate a deficit and i stumbled apon this so just asking for some help. Does anyone know how to calculate a deficit actually accurately? There seems to be alot of inaccurate information and formulas because ive tried a couple and they either make me lose a lot of weight or no weight and i just seem to be losing water weight.

IF you guys have a formula that actually works or can give me a rough start point or a calculator that would be appreciated so much

Thanks
    Maintenance calories / deficit calories are always a guessing game.
    You need to use real life data to have an accurate base.

Here's my suggestion:

A ballpark average for maintenance calories is: Bodyweight in lbs x 15.
    Whatever number that spits out, take 20% off and have your cutting calories.

Weigh yourself every day (on an empty stomach) in the morning & write down the weight.
    Do this for 3 weeks & calculate the weekly average. Compare the weeks & see how much you lost a week.
    Increase or lower calories accordingly.

(Macro's suggestion : 0,82 grams of protein per pound - 20% of daily caloric intake from fats (minimum) - rest can be whatever you like)
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

Ginalina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello! Me is fattened by my fat. Weighing always upsets, where to start, which is more effective?