Peeled247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First time dieting & calculating macros

Hi Guys,

I need some advice as its my first time where I am "proper dieting" and also first time calculating my macros and I have 7 weeks to diet down to around 6% body fat. My current stats are:

Weight: 93Kg
    Current bf: Approx 10%
    Height: 6"1 or 186cm

I have been training for approx. 10 years however never really sat down to plan out my macros/nutrition and so far this is what I have.

Firstly I used a couple different BMR calculators and they have given me 2065 (I am assuming this is calories). Now, I am not sure if this figure includes your exercise/activity however I train 6-7 days per week.

Now I used the BMR figure and will aim for 2100kcals. 275g Protein, 150g Carbs, 45g fats = 2100kcals. Now i was thinking to try this for a week and see how I go?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Basics of Dieting

Originally Posted by Peeled247 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I need some advice as its my first time where I am "proper dieting" and also first time calculating my macros and I have 7 weeks to diet down to around 6% body fat. My current stats are:

Weight: 93Kg
    Current bf: Approx 10%
    Height: 6"1 or 186cm

I have been training for approx. 10 years however never really sat down to plan out my macros/nutrition and so far this is what I have.

Firstly I used a couple different BMR calculators and they have given me 2065 (I am assuming this is calories). Now, I am not sure if this figure includes your exercise/activity however I train 6-7 days per week.

Now I used the BMR figure and will aim for 2100kcals. 275g Protein, 150g Carbs, 45g fats = 2100kcals. Now i was thinking to try this for a week and see how I go?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?
    start there and make changes as needed. I like to cycle calories to improve performance on gym days and lower carbs on no training days. It helps me out and has helped others. However the main key to fat loss while maintaining or possibly growing new tissue is to eat plenty of protein and the right amount of each macronutrient to ensure proper gym performance and overall calories. I myself have lost 22 pounds over 15 weeks in my powerlifting meet prep. From 228-204. The main key to fat loss is giving yourself enough time. At 10% body fat you have enough time to get show ready. However I like slower cuts most for retaining muscle mass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class