Ramicoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I loose weight?

Gd day

I've been underweight all my life and last year I decided to take mass gainers along with working out, I noticed a growth in muscles but also growth in body fat especially the belly area. I don't know if it's because the mass gainers (I stopped taking them and switched to whey proteins) or because my sendeteray job or other reasons..

I'm 27yrs - 178.5m height and my last tanita scale test (2 months ago):

70.6kg weight
    22.3 bmi
    21.5 body fat
    37.9 muscle mass
    1627 cal
    5 visc fat

I know some might say tanita scale isn't very accurate but considering it's rather accurate, what is the best diet for me If I want to loose some body fat and belly? What should I stop eat/reduce? I currently eating all 3 main meals with 1 protein shake everyday, I don't over eat but I don't have restriction of carbs & cals and such in my meals..

Sorry if my English wasn't perfect, thanks

Head Manlet In Charge LiftingLando's Avatar
    LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The mass gainer is basically a quick splurge of calories and macros. It's meant to be a quick 500 calories or so. That will help you put on size but also fat so that explains your first paragraph. Next, if you want to dial it back down some, you need to assess your daily need. Do a TDEE calculator and assess a rough idea of how much you need daily. Then track your intake to be sure you are hitting that goal intake. Remember... caloric surplus will equal gain. Caloric deficit is to help cut.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/man/man.htm
    www.mansports.com

DSC -- North Carolina Chapter

Harley Davidson Enthusiast and Semi-Pro Wannabe Bowler
    -- Creatine 5g/day, 6.78g Canadian --

Originally Posted by LiftingLando View Post
    The mass gainer is basically a quick splurge of calories and macros. It's meant to be a quick 500 calories or so. That will help you put on size but also fat so that explains your first paragraph. Next, if you want to dial it back down some, you need to assess your daily need. Do a TDEE calculator and assess a rough idea of how much you need daily. Then track your intake to be sure you are hitting that goal intake. Remember... caloric surplus will equal gain. Caloric deficit is to help cut.
    Yes I done tdee and other calculators and noted how much cals carbs protein I need daily.. so should I start getting below my daily need of calories to cut some fat? And what about carbs? Should I also reduce it or keep it normal?

Thanks for the reply

Registered User FormulaLT1poweR's Avatar
    FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ramicoo View Post
    Yes I done tdee and other calculators and noted how much cals carbs protein I need daily.. so should I start getting below my daily need of calories to cut some fat? And what about carbs? Should I also reduce it or keep it normal?

Thanks for the reply
    To lose weight, you will need to get below your daily calories.
    Carbs, I would try to limit personally, and find a good carb/protein/fats ratio that works for you and you can achieve.

Originally Posted by FormulaLT1poweR View Post
    To lose weight, you will need to get below your daily calories.
    Carbs, I would try to limit personally, and find a good carb/protein/fats ratio that works for you and you can achieve.
    Thanks for the feedback

I have a last question: I think my body is thin or average at most but with some belly fat. and considering the tanita scale results I put in the post, is it ok to me to to start a diet with low cals/carbs for sale of loosing the belly? Or should I continue eating normal until I reach a specific weight then start diet?
    I know this is a diet physician question but I'll be grateful for any help from experienced people

Thanks

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks for the feedback

I have a last question: I think my body is thin or average at most but with some belly fat. and considering the tanita scale results I put in the post, is it ok to me to to start a diet with low cals/carbs for sale of loosing the belly? Or should I continue eating normal until I reach a specific weight then start diet?
    I know this is a diet physician question but I'll be grateful for any help from experienced people

Thanks
    Post a couple of current pictures.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Post a couple of current pictures.
    I don't mind posting, but if you quickly take a look at my age/weight/height and other results from tanita scale what will you think?

Thank you

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't mind posting, but if you quickly take a look at my age/weight/height and other results from tanita scale what will you think?

Thank you
    Doesn't matter, and we don't use the "tanita scale". You're on a predominately american forum.

There's a HUGE difference between 5'10 and 180lbs with 10% body fat versus same height and weight at 15% body fat.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco