liljordo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My Bodybuilding Story

Finally decided to make an account and share my experiences lifting as well as looking for guidance to getting bigger.

My body currently:
    Height: 6 ft
    Weight: 177 lbs
    Bench Max: 225 lbs
    Squat Max: 290 lbs

When I started my first year of college is when I really got into bodybuilding. I began by sitting in my room and just watching YouTube videos. I watched Calum Von Moger vids and Arnold’s blueprint vids just to learn some new things around the gym. My bench max at the beginning of the year was 185 weighing at 165 and I hit 225 at 195 by Christmas. Yeah, I bulked crazy hard. I averaged around 185 lbs after Christmas for the rest of the school year still doing 225. I do notice my weight fluctuates a lot. I could get on the scale one day and be 180 and get on it the next and be 188. I have developed massive stretch marks in front of my armpits that you can really only see when I lift my arms up, across my inner thighs, and now have new ones coming in behind my armpit/around the shoulder and back.

Came around April and I was seeking guidance from one of the bigger guys I met in the gym. My bench max had not gone up since Christmas and I was wanting to know what I was doing wrong. The only thing we found was that I was benching too wide. I fixed that, my weight did come down a little bit and now I’m back where I was.

He told me if I was looking for mass (which I am) not to worry about numbers. With that he told me low reps + heavy weight= strength and mass where high reps + decent weight = dense and toned muscles. My first question is is there any truth to that and if not, how can I gain mass? Because that’s really all I’m looking for.

I started measuring my arms in February and measured about 15”. Now it’s May and I’m still sitting at 15” but by my pictures, I look bigger so what’s really happening?

I also have trouble trying to figure out if Im having good upper body workouts. When I started out in August my pumps would last a good hour, maybeeee two and I didn’t feel like I had to work as hard. Now I barely get a pump and if I do, it lasts maybe 5-20 minutes and I feel like I have to do supersets on all my upper body workouts. So what’s the deal? I’m thinking maybe it could be my diet but I’m still eating good and a lot too so idk.

As far as supplements that I have taken, I took protein shakes and creatine from September to Decemeber. When I came back in January, I just took protein shakes. Then about in February until May, I took MuscleTech Nitro Tech Power. My next supplement that I’ll probably stay on is MuscleTech Mass Tech Extreme to help put on mass.

I kinda feel like I’m not really going anywhere right now. But maybe I’m not giving myself enough time, idk.

I know I have more questions but this is it for now.

I have progress pics but don’t know how to post them lmao.
    Last edited by liljordo; 05-18-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can post your pics in your body space and someone else can link them
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

liljordo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cool, thanks for the help, just posted some progress pics, go check em out!

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks good; whatever you did worked.