Thread: yoooo

bigmandixi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile yoooo

I'm a 16-year-old guy that used to weigh about 282 pounds about a month ago and as of now; 262 pounds. I don't know jack about weightlifting, calorie intake, lift percentage (just the basics), any amount of reps/sets, how you do them (fast/slow), or how you even eat. Before I would eat enough until I didn't feel like it anymore which now that I look back on was really unhealthy considering that I ate such a large mass of grease and fatty foods. I would like to lose weight over the summer but wouldn't want just to leave fat behind but to build muscle as well. I'm a pretty wide guy, 6ft and I guess I'm naturally strong as I can lift a good amount considering I've never seriously or continually lifted before. I used to be in football for high school for my freshman year and the coaches told me I was build for defense and offense, I'd like to join next year but not be scrawnier than I was before so I'd like to impress them a bit and just start off the year good with them. My max bench as far as I know of is 115 which was much lower than I had expected and I can deadlift around 150, pretty basic exercises but I would like to dwell more on it as I would like to consider various amounts of exercises into sets. I'd just like to build overall strength since I would like to make football a career. I have 2 years left in high school + this summer and am willing to go full out on workouts. I've never really been one to be motivated but I'd do anything if I'm dragged there, I'd also eat anything if its put in a plate in front of me, I'm not really stingy and can eat a lot. I've lost weight because of my mom's change in life as she started eating a lot healthier and started keeping track of what she did, because of her I've lost more weight than I've ever done in my life and now that I'm growing up I have to look after myself and eventually after her. So here are my questions:
    *Is it good to eat a lot of a healthy thing? like, for example, I would load 1 sandwich with an insane amount of lettuce, onion, and tomato and at times only eat that in a sandwich.
    *I'm pretty wide but I'm still pretty fat and would like to lose love handles and shave off a lot of fat from my chest, moobs if you will. what basic exercises can help clear both of those in a series of sets?
    *I'm looking to lose weight and gain muscle, Is exercising and eating right all there is to it?
    *I want to increase my strength, will basic training help (push ups, sit ups, benching, deadlifting)?
    *What should I be eating to maintain a healthy body? I don't really want a strong body if it will look wonky or a bit misshaped lol
    *I eat tons of watermelon and bananas, eating a lot of those things don't hurt you right?
    *How can I do my exercises, fast or slow? I've heard a bit about muscle fibers or something like that being worked if you factor in speed in a rep.
    *I'd like to lose about 70 pounds of fat before the year is over, I'm ready to sweat and cry, to cut off junk food and go to the gym 5 times a week. Is. It. Possible?

I think that's all, honestly, I think I look like some bitchy nerd but I just don't know who else to turn to, I don't know my coaches that well and am kind of embarrassed to ask anyone else. I like to do a lot of things on my own but will use assistance like lifting buddy when needed.

Synthesis21212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to lose weight, eating healthy or not doesn't actually really matter

Eat lesser than your caloric intake = lose weight
    Eat more than your caloric intake = gain weight
    - Regardless of what you eat, be it mcdonalds or veggies, but ofcourse going for the healthier option is better because they provide the necessary nutrients.
    You can try eating at a 200-500 calorie deficit, there should be TDEE calculators that you can find online, then eat at 200-500 calories lower than that, you'll lose fat slowly, but this is actually better than going on a MASSIVE diet because you'll lose alot of muscle. You can also get a personal trainer to help you out or a dietician.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wall of text hits you for 9000. You faint.
    USAF
    LEO

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigmandixi View Post
    I'm ready to sweat and cry, to cut off junk food and go to the gym 5 times a week. Is. It. Possible?
    Losing weight is not about junk food, working out, sweating or crying. Read stickies.