Thread: I want GAINS

StefanieGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I want GAINS

Hey ya'll, quick intro I promise I will try not to make this long.
    I am 5'6, about 127-130lbs.
    I've been skinny my entire life, I feel I appear even more skinny because I have long legs but with no calf muscles definition.. and I have always dislike it. I gave birth first time last year and it allow me to gain some weight and a little more hips but I am still skinny..just now with a gut. I know I have to consume more calories,protein, and focus on weight training. I am just a little lost on how to start this all. I just enrolled to the gym last week. I am motivated, I am just still lost and doing a lot of research, I know it's different for everyone just would like some advice.

The areas I will like to gain the most is my lower body. I would love to have a strong and thick lower body (legs,thighs,glutes) something like Genesis Mia Lopez "fitness model", it's obvious she workouts and she looks great. The only fat I want to lose is the belly fat I gained due to pregnancy.

And finally, gain some arm/back muscle so that my body looks overall proportioned and my upper body doesn't look scrawny as opposed to my lower.

I would like to start or create a program that focuses on legs and glutes.

I went to the gym and tested out the leg machines they have all the basic ones: leg extensions,seated calf raises,leg press,hips abductor,leg curls,squat rack etc..

I will also like to work out glutes at home. So preferably do squats with weights at home, because while I know barbell squats are great for glutes.. my squat/lunges are terribe. I struggle, balance is bad so I am practicing them more at home.

Legs (Calf,Hamstrings,Quads) + Glutes 3 x times a week (Monday,Wednesday,Friday **Gym/At home dumbbell exercises)
    Arms/Back - Twice a week (At home:Exercises w dumbbells)) ?
    Abs - ?

I have an idea, I am just lost not sure how to split out the days. Someone recommended Strong Curves sticky but I am unable to find the thread

Thank you!
    Last edited by StefanieGains; 05-09-2018 at 02:07 PM.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StefanieGains View Post
    HI know I have to consume more calories,protein, and focus on weight training. I am just a little lost on how to start this all. I just enrolled to the gym last week. I am motivated, I am just still lost and doing a lot of research, I know it's different for everyone just would like some advice.
    Start by reading the sticky threads in this subforum, they have all the information you need to get you started.

The only fat I want to lose is the belly fat I gained due to pregnancy.
    You don't get to pick and choose where you lose fat, unless you do liposuction.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

StefanieGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Start by reading the sticky threads in this subforum, they have all the information you need to get you started.

You don't get to pick and choose where you lose fat, unless you do liposuction.

Thank you, going to start reading it now

I agree, but if I do consistent ab workouts would that help reduce the fat I have in that area?

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StefanieGains View Post

I agree, but if I do consistent ab workouts would that help reduce the fat I have in that area?
    No. The mechanism by which your body burns fat is quite a bit more complex.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfloares has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No it wouldn't nutrition is the key.