marc54321 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Disappointed in my results after 6 months in gym

Im 16 and ive been hitting the gym for about 6-7 months. Ive always been a scrawny 6 foot ectomorph with an overall skinny bitch physique. However, i'm not seeing any real major improvements from when i started working out. Ive been kind of obsessing with my own image recently and ive realized im still have a scrawny bitch physique. Sure, its not as bad as it used to be, but i am not seeing any real drastic changes. I feel angry and pissed off and i feel like ive wasted my time going to the gym all those days just to get mimimal gains. Ive been going 5 days a week, a different body part every day. Should i eat more calories or something, or do i just have **** genetics? I've tried eating more calories but i end up just getting skinny fat. Im just confused and disappointed at this point, i feel like im starting over again. Hope you guys can help

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat more, if you don't eat enough then you are wasting your time, also ****types don't exist. Also are you on a program that has progressive overload? Doing the same crap months on end won't lead to gains. You have to keep progressing.

So..

Eat more
    Get on a novice program
    ****types don't exist.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Yea ive been doing progressive overload. For the first few months i was doing full body workouts 3-4 times a week mostly on machines but more recently i switched to free weights. Im assuming my caloric intake has just been too low even though i feel like ive been eating a lot.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You didn't give us any information at all.

Before/after bodyweight and max lifts?

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can add oil to your drinks for am easy 500-1000kcal

I hate eating so much food so I drink oil daily.

Also as Suffolk said.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

My weight now is around 158 lb, and i didnt bother weighing myself before i started working out (which i regret). I think it was around 130 though. My max bench is about 130 but i dont know how accurate that is considering i usually bench on the smith. I can do bicep curls with good form at 35 lb. dumbell Shoulder press is about 60- 70 lb. I can leg press around 320. Ive been primarily training the muscles that i am weakest in (shoulders, traps, chest) and ive even started doing neck extensions. Btw i only mentioned the ****type to give u guys a good idea of what my body shape resembles.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hmm, it sounds like you haven't been using the kind of novice routine we usually suggest - so that would be the first recommended change. Look at Fierce 5 for example. This gives you what you most need - directed adaptation in a handful of major compound lifts - with structural balance and planned progressive overload.

My current workout routine is:
    Monday: Bench press 3x7
    Incline bench 3x7
    Decline Bench 3x7
    Dumbell Bench 3x7
    Incline dumbell bench 3x7
    butterfly pectoral machine 3x5

Tuesday: Dumbell Shrugs 3x8
    Deadlift 3x8
    Barbell Shrugs 3x8
    seated cable Row Machine 3x7
    Upper Back Row Machine 3x7
    Pull down machine 3x8
    Pull ups 3x until failure

Wednesday
    Bicep Curl: 3x8
    Hammer bicep curl: 3x7
    Ez bar bicep curl: 3x7
    Skullcrushers 3x7
    Tricep Machine 3x8

Thursday
    Seated Dumbell shoulder press: 3x8
    Dumbell laterals: 1x8,2x10
    Upright barbell row: 3x7
    Rear delt raise: 3x12
    Shoulder press smith machine: 3x8
    Upright cable row: 3x8
    Lateral Raise Machine: 3x7

Friday
    Deadlift 3x8
    Leg Press 1x8,2x10
    Calf Press: 4x12
    Cardio

Saturday/Sunday are rest
    I would add images but i dont know how to

You train 5x a week and don't eat enough food, also where is your progression scheme for these lifts? 3x a week novice program would do you wonders...
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IAmNando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marc54321 View Post
    Im 16 and ive been hitting the gym for about 6-7 months. Ive always been a scrawny 6 foot ectomorph with an overall skinny bitch physique. However, i'm not seeing any real major improvements from when i started working out. Ive been kind of obsessing with my own image recently and ive realized im still have a scrawny bitch physique. Sure, its not as bad as it used to be, but i am not seeing any real drastic changes. I feel angry and pissed off and i feel like ive wasted my time going to the gym all those days just to get mimimal gains. Ive been going 5 days a week, a different body part every day. Should i eat more calories or something, or do i just have **** genetics? I've tried eating more calories but i end up just getting skinny fat. Im just confused and disappointed at this point, i feel like im starting over again. Hope you guys can help
    The three keys to gaining size:

Progressive overload, eat good, rest good

I remember when I first started lifting, I was pretty bad. Didn't see any big results, but eventually a switch flipped in my head I began going hard, putting on the weights and it's continued from their on. Just make sure your form in perfect, don't settle for 10 reps. Put up the weight and get 6-7. Also, don't do the same **** week in week out. Try other exercises.

When it comes to working out, you want to stimulate the muscles not annihilate.

Are you getting enough proteins? Fats? Sooooo many questions.

My advice:

Find a marcos calculator, input your information, and choose the option of bulking. You'll get some calories/macros. Download MyFitnessPal, input the same macros and weight/scan your food into MyFitnessPal and you'll be making gains in no time.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Your posted routine is inappropriate for your training level; you're wasting most of your time and effort on fluff exercises rather than busting your tail to progress a few of the most important basic compounds. And the simple fact you label yourself as an "ectomorph" indicates you are an under-eater.

Drop your posted 'routine' and start here:

Fierce 5 Novice routine:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159678631

If you don't know how to perform any of the exercises in this program, look them up here to learn how to do them correctly:
    http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Stuff your pie hole with as many cheeseburgers, potatoes, and salads as you can manage, and then eat a few more. Every. Single. Day.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

JPKC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm new to the gym again after 15 years off but when I was your age, I was in your exact situation. Everything changed for the better when I started eating LOTS and adding protein shakes which helped to get everything in between the main meals of the day. In two years I went from benching 115 to 260.

BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Okay going to give you a golden secret bud..

1. You will never be truly happy with your results.. Its the nature of the game... Everyone wants something to be better than it already is.... Its why we spend the time and dedication to lift

2. Your genetics play a huge part in this hobby... You either have really good ones or really bad ones... Accept it, suck it up and enjoy the ride.

3. Gaining muscle takes a long ****ing time. 7 years training like a mad man and my lifts are still mediocre (300lb bench, 405 deadlift, 315 squat)

4. Don't lift just so you can see a change in your body... Make your workouts a LIFE priority... and over time you will notice changes and improvements.

Ive been drinkin 20g protein shakes pretty consistently while ive been working out. Its just really ****in frustrating to have been working out for so long and not see any real noticeable changes. But thanks for all the help, will definitely use this knowledge to try and improve

Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive been drinkin 20g protein shakes pretty consistently while ive been working out. Its just really ****in frustrating to have been working out for so long and not see any real noticeable changes. But thanks for all the help, will definitely use this knowledge to try and improve
    I was a skinny 6ft guy weighting 150lb soaked wet. I think the problem here is that you aren't eating enough. Do you poop 3 times a day ? Eat something every 3 to 4 hours? If not then you are doing something wrong, check your macros, and workout hard. You don't have to workout 5 days, 3 to 4 is good enough. Track your progress all the time.

This can help you a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZjxWqwoWTg

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, unless you are especially genetically blessed, it is generally accepted that, as a fairly novice lifter - IF YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING (lifting, eating, sleeping) right - the maximum amount of muscle you can gain is about 2 pounds a month. Now, we know that is not the case since studies show superior muscle growth when hitting the same muscles MORE than one day a week (as opposed to your blast-em one day a week approach.)

The bottom line is that 6 or 7 months is a great start, but is only a start. Keep working hard. Be consistent. You'll eventually get there. Hang in there.

PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000) PiscesNinja is just really nice. (+1000)
    - Full body 3x/week
    - 3000-3500 calories a day depending on activity levels

shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are trying to get bigger, you should instead do more compound stuff with bodyweight and it barbell. Not the Smith machine.

Hit the basic movements with heavy exercises and get brutally strong at them

Few examples for each.

Pushing.
    Dips or bench press

Overhead pressing.
    Military press or push press(handstand pushups if you want to be able to do them but be careful)

Pulling
    Seriously just get good at weighted chin ups!

Rowing barbell rows are good. Dumbbell as well.

Hip hinge.
    Get stronger at PROPER deadlifts.

Quad dominant
    Squat. Pick a variation, though back squats are a good place.

Get very strong on something in the above, train them hard 3x a week, and focus on getting stronger at them all.

If you're getting a lot stronger, staying safe, ratting enough, and recovering well, you'll get stronger and, more importantly, BIGGER!

A word though, you have to make sure your doing everything with proper form and technique for them to be effective and safe.

You can also get on a good program you can find here.
    Max/goal
    Paused bench 305/325
    Squats 410/415
    Deadlift 495/500
    Overhead BB press 185/225

bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat more and lift heavier

ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're not already, use MyFitnessPal and track your calories / macros for your goal weight. I'm on the same journey as you (though my weight gain has been going really well), try making your own weight gainer shakes. I have one that's about 900 calories with mainly carbs to get me to where I need to be if I'm low on nutrients for the day

polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its just really ****in frustrating to have been working out for so long and not see any real noticeable changes. But thanks for all the help, will definitely use this knowledge to try and improve
    Get on a new program, but seriously just stick with it gains take years sometimes (though you should have newb quick gains). When I started I couldn't bench 115, wasn't till after 40 years old that I got 405. I remember every milestone 225, 315 and 405 like it was yesterday though.
    My journal, not detailed, but heck I never keep track of much anyhow. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121196291&p=863931421#post863931421

leader in trailing technology

CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bro you're 16, your body is going through many changes on its own and trying to master calorie count is just not feasible. Skinny fat is just something someone made up. Don't give up on trying to achieve your goals. I wonder if you're not lifting heavy enough and I agree that you should be doing progressive overload. I was very skinny at your age and although I am still not anywhere near where I want to be I just keep challenging myself to keep working hard and keep progressing in strength.

I don't know if you're already doing this but avoid isolation exercises and machines. Stick to compound moves and do a 5 day split if you can. Deadlifts, Squats, Pull Ups, Farmers Walks, Presses -- Those are your major moves you should be doing. Don't overdo it meaning don't do a bunch of moves thinking thats the answer and get rest. LIFT HEAVY not light. Thats my advice to you.

CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10) CadenceEast is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BigFatFatty View Post
    Okay going to give you a golden secret bud..

1. You will never be truly happy with your results.. Its the nature of the game... Everyone wants something to be better than it already is.... Its why we spend the time and dedication to lift

2. Your genetics play a huge part in this hobby... You either have really good ones or really bad ones... Accept it, suck it up and enjoy the ride.

3. Gaining muscle takes a long ****ing time. 7 years training like a mad man and my lifts are still mediocre (300lb bench, 405 deadlift, 315 squat)

4. Don't lift just so you can see a change in your body... Make your workouts a LIFE priority... and over time you will notice changes and improvements.
    I appreciated this.

JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuWo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you really should get someone that is really experienced in bodybuilding to do a workout with you, he will see everything you're possibly doing wrong and have a talk about nutrition too. i cant really judge here since i don't see your actual routine and all that and how your body works. hope that will work