89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Even after losing 40 lbs, my photos don’t reflect my success. Discouraged...

Even after losing 40+ lbs, I’m still having a hard time with my appearance. Long story short, I threw a party for my boyfriend over the weekend. I planned it for months, bought a new dress to wear in a smaller size, the whole 9 yards. Lots of pictures were taken. And when I looked at them, I was really hoping to see a big difference in the photos, like a much thinner me. Thinner face, thinner arms, smaller waist. Like how I see myself in the mirror. But when I got a chance to see the photos, they looked horrible! I know I’m still very overweight. I know I have a long way to go. Another 85 lbs to my goal. But it’s so discouraging to work so hard, achieve your short term goals and then some, only to see the photos and hate how I look. I can’t even look at the pictures without getting upset and discouraged. I don’t know how to dig myself out of this hole. I want to be happy, but these pictures just make me really aware of how bad I actually look. I want to overcome it and push forward, but I need the right tools to overcome how disappointed I am.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Go to the meat section at the store and look at a 1 pound pack of ground beef; now picture 40 of those. That is about how much volume you lost, you have that much less of you. Seems like some amazing progress to me when you picture it visually.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Keep at it! You can't do anything else but keep going, if you stop now it will really have been all for nothing, you've had an amazing progress and you'll get there if you just keep doing what you're doing.

Last year I also started losing weight with 84lbs to lose in order to reach my goal. 40lbs later I kinda felt like you are now, I had lost a lot of weight but wasn't happy with the way I looked, so I kept going and now at that I'm 53lbs into the 84lbs total I want to lose I'm starting to feel good about how I look and from this point on I know it'll only get better.

Don't you give up now
    Brazilian Crew |<o>|
    IIFYM Crew
    Username is an Acronym Crew

What's Important Now?

89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ellipsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Go to the meat section at the store and look at a 1 pound pack of ground beef; now picture 40 of those. That is about how much volume you lost, you have that much less of you. Seems like some amazing progress to me when you picture it visually.
    Thanks for the advice! I know that it’s a lot. I think it’s the weight of an entire canoe. Sometimes I grab a 40 lb weight and stand on the scale just to help visualize how much weight I was carrying around.

Originally Posted by W.I.N. View Post
    Keep at it! You can't do anything else but keep going, if you stop now it will really have been all for nothing, you've had an amazing progress and you'll get there if you just keep doing what you're doing.

Last year I also started losing weight with 84lbs to lose in order to reach my goal. 40lbs later I kinda felt like you are now, I had lost a lot of weight but wasn't happy with the way I looked, so I kept going and now at that I'm 53lbs into the 84lbs total I want to lose I'm starting to feel good about how I look and from this point on I know it'll only get better.

Don't you give up now
    Awesome! That really helps. You’re right. It’ll get better. I just have to keep on grinding. I really can’t give up this time.

DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkAlex89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just keep going you lost 40 pounds and u can go for more! Don't worry about the pictures.

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looking at your progress pics in your body space you can tell you made a difference. It’s not that huge since well no pun intended you are huge. Keep going and you will one day love what you see in the mirror.

bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your progress pics show significant change. Nice job and keep going. You are on the right track and clearly know what to do so just continue. It takes time so be patient.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Don’t take pictures too seriously. Just the right position in the right lighting can make an “average” physique look awesome...poor lighting, bad Positioning can have the opposite effect.

I still have enough hair on my head, but any pictures taken outside or under a light reflect my scalp and make me look completely bald...that isn’t the reality.

Also, I have a descent build. People comment on my muscularity all the time...but in most pictures, I just look “normal”.

You’ve done great work. I’m sure people noticed the change in real life. Screw a bunch of crappy candid pictures...you know the truth.

jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Instead of asking yourself why I cannot see any difference after 40lbs lost I would make an affirmation and ask myself another question. OK, I lost 40lbs which is 1/3 of the 125lbs that I want to lose. What do I do next to reach my goal?
    Originally Posted by 89ellipsis View Post
    Even after losing 40+ lbs, I’m still having a hard time with my appearance. Long story short, I threw a party for my boyfriend over the weekend. I planned it for months, bought a new dress to wear in a smaller size, the whole 9 yards. Lots of pictures were taken. And when I looked at them, I was really hoping to see a big difference in the photos, like a much thinner me. Thinner face, thinner arms, smaller waist. Like how I see myself in the mirror. But when I got a chance to see the photos, they looked horrible! I know I’m still very overweight. I know I have a long way to go. Another 85 lbs to my goal. But it’s so discouraging to work so hard, achieve your short term goals and then some, only to see the photos and hate how I look. I can’t even look at the pictures without getting upset and discouraged. I don’t know how to dig myself out of this hole. I want to be happy, but these pictures just make me really aware of how bad I actually look. I want to overcome it and push forward, but I need the right tools to overcome how disappointed I am.

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha are you me?
    Maybe youre just terrible at taking photos
    I think i might be...
    I look great in the mirror, and onetime when i was raving in my bra a girl came up and told me she liked my abs.....but if I posted a pic youd say what abs? loollll
    I don't think it helps that im very pale skinned (ginger) and im just a white blob with flash.
    Ifgaf though id rather look good irl than in photos. Social media is poison anyway
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc