James7moon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Opinions about my new workout routine to maximize fat loss and maintain muscle mass

I currently work as a bank teller full time so my work isn't too strenuous but i do walk quiet a bit during the day

I've always been working out consistently but I have recently changed my workout program to target fat loss while maintaining my current muscle mass as much as I can so I developed my own training program which I have done for 2 weeks to fit my work schedule. In the span of 2 weeks Ive lost about 78kg to 75kg which is pretty good but I feel like my legs is having a hard time adjusting to this new program and I wanted to hear your opinions on whether I should maintain the program or ease down a bit. My Goal is to lose until I'm 70kg.

My workout before used to be Full body bodyweight workout 2 times per week including squats and deadlifts but in the new workout program I developed myself I replaced my leg workouts with HIIT as you can see in my new workout routine.

My workout routine is now bodyweight workouts but without squats and deadlifts.
    My diet is generally healthy, I drink a lot of water, eat frequently, try to eat a lot of protein, eat enough healthy fats, vegetables, cutting down on carbs except before and after workout.

Work Exercise
    Mon Rest , Rest
    Tues 9-5, 5 minute jogging warm up, Upperbody workout 35 min
    Wed 12-8, HIIT Sprint, walk 20min
    Thurs 9-5:45, 5 minute jogging warm up, Upperbody workout 35 min
    Friday 9-6 HIIT Sprint, walk 20min
    Sat 9-4 Rest
    Sun Rest Basketball

Let me know what you think. I value your perspectives.

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not enough lifting in my opinion. Fat loss comes from your calorie deficit, not your cardio plan. In fact, too much cardio can cause spikes in appetite, and HIIT cannot replace weights for lower body. I would reduce your cardio to walking and add lower body lifting, and start tracking your calories. Lord knows I'm capable of bulking with "healthy" foods only if I don't track.
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50) NadimShado will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Not enough lifting in my opinion. Fat loss comes from your calorie deficit, not your cardio plan. In fact, too much cardio can cause spikes in appetite, and HIIT cannot replace weights for lower body. I would reduce your cardio to walking and add lower body lifting, and start tracking your calories. Lord knows I'm capable of bulking with "healthy" foods only if I don't track.
    this ^, i lost most of my weight with minimal cardio (what you eat is the most important), try more weight training exercises.

Also, don't skip leg day :P

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    This ^^^. (Tried to rep, but on spread.)

DON'T stop lifting real weight as you go into a cut or you're inviting muscle loss.