Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is Tommy Nebula still with Arsenal Strength?

Maybe some of the knowledgeable insiders on this forum know if Tom Eilierman is still designing equipment for Arsenal. Periodically I check Arsenal's Instagram to see what equipment they're are putting out and never a mention of Tom. Not that many equipment makers mention their designers but Tom's Nebula equipment is some of the most revered equipment in the industry and he hasn't posted on here since he started with them. Just curious.

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    He technically wasn't "with" Arsenal being that Arsenal is just a sales only group. Most of their pieces were past Nebula designs which Tom designed, plus he designed quite a few new pieces for them the past year plus. I believe Arsenal is on a design freeze right now.

McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) McBrody is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    He technically wasn't "with" Arsenal being that Arsenal is just a sales only group. Most of their pieces were past Nebula designs which Tom designed, plus he designed quite a few new pieces for them the past year plus. I believe Arsenal is on a design freeze right now.
    Is he still designing equipment? What's he doing these days? I hate to see this guys talents going to waste. Maybe designing equipment isn't lucrative enough.

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by McBrody View Post
    Is he still designing equipment? What's he doing these days? I hate to see this guys talents going to waste. Maybe designing equipment isn't lucrative enough.
    He's still going to do it on the side, just not as a primary source anymore. I know Louie Simmons is having him design some pieces for him. Honestly, he was already with the place that needed him most (Rogue), but they were so stupid (or just so used to copying everything instead of actually designing) that they didn't even know how to use him. The stuff he did with Arsenal was really badass!

Last questions MGM, by the way I appreciate all the info. Is he still going to be designing for Arsenal or is he freelancing and also is Arsenal's equipment manufactured by Dynamic? I think he would be a could fit for Rogers or Power Lift as well.

Last questions MGM, by the way I appreciate all the info. Is he still going to be designing for Arsenal or is he freelancing and also is Arsenal's equipment manufactured by Dynamic? I think he would be a could fit for Rogers or Power Lift as well.
    There's a few builders for Arsenal AFAIK, Dynamic is one. He designed a lot of the Arsenal pieces, and like I said, most of the Arsenal line is based on old Nebula. Tom is likely just going to do things on the side. He's obviously a top choice for many different companies, but egos can get in the way. Like I said, he was best suited for Rogue, but Rogue was so stupid, they had no idea how to use him.

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's a few builders for Arsenal AFAIK, Dynamic is one. He designed a lot of the Arsenal pieces, and like I said, most of the Arsenal line is based on old Nebula. Tom is likely just going to do things on the side. He's obviously a top choice for many different companies, but egos can get in the way. Like I said, he was best suited for Rogue, but Rogue was so stupid, they had no idea how to use him.
    I couldnt agree more! Rogue has the in house production facility, the sheer monentum of brand, and the desire to move beyond just the crossfit fad. They seem to have actually become an efficiant quality american factory.... and the only missing ingrediant is actual product worth buying that goes beyond olympic bars, racks, and a few other fill in the blank generic offerings for an exact existing demand. Specialty bars... just the basics, theres not a single offering rogue has thats remotely unique. Benches, there best model he designed. Rack accesories there doing slightly better but not by much. Commercoal equipment, where they have the most upside .... a few old nebula pieces like the leg press and thats it. Its funny because your starting to see some monster racks in independent gyms p, some highprofile ones like the one with the chrome plates in the other recent thread, or dana lyn baileys warhouse gym, so they have an oportunity to sell commercial pieces beyond racks, but what do they have to offer? A lat pulldiwn wn on its security nd redesign thsts still not right? There in a dangerpus place. As crossfit dies, they will be stuck with excess manufactoring. They may not be able to break into the super high volume world of life fitness supplied exclusive contract chain clubs, but they could become the leader in independent gym suppliers with plate load and free weght offerings that might even land them some of the sports and strength and conditioning business thats out there. Instead, they mess around with repackaging 92 different versions of the same olympic bar to keep driving saies. There massive bench redesign was to add in the original nebula decline option they left off! Lol
    It will be a shame when the opportunity is lost and the marketing and growth capital needed to d this is gone because there existing budiness starts fading with the slow day wn ofcrossfit

Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    I couldnt agree more! Rogue has the in house production facility, the sheer monentum of brand, and the desire to move beyond just the crossfit fad. They seem to have actually become an efficiant quality american factory.... and the only missing ingrediant is actual product worth buying that goes beyond olympic bars, racks, and a few other fill in the blank generic offerings for an exact existing demand. Specialty bars... just the basics, theres not a single offering rogue has thats remotely unique. Benches, there best model he designed. Rack accesories there doing slightly better but not by much. Commercoal equipment, where they have the most upside .... a few old nebula pieces like the leg press and thats it. Its funny because your starting to see some monster racks in independent gyms p, some highprofile ones like the one with the chrome plates in the other recent thread, or dana lyn baileys warhouse gym, so they have an oportunity to sell commercial pieces beyond racks, but what do they have to offer? A lat pulldiwn wn on its security nd redesign thsts still not right? There in a dangerpus place. As crossfit dies, they will be stuck with excess manufactoring. They may not be able to break into the super high volume world of life fitness supplied exclusive contract chain clubs, but they could become the leader in independent gym suppliers with plate load and free weght offerings that might even land them some of the sports and strength and conditioning business thats out there. Instead, they mess around with repackaging 92 different versions of the same olympic bar to keep driving saies. There massive bench redesign was to add in the original nebula decline option they left off! Lol
    It will be a shame when the opportunity is lost and the marketing and growth capital needed to d this is gone because there existing budiness starts fading with the slow day wn ofcrossfit
    These are all very good points. Rogue messed up a big opportunity and because of that they will probably remain primarily a barbell company, as opposed to a full line fitness equipment manufacturer. Like I mentioned before I'd like to see Tom (Nebula) with either Rogers or Power Lift, both these companies have the facilities and capability to fully utilize Tom's talents. In the tradition of Nebula, Body Masters, Icarian and Flex Fitness, Tom matched with either of these 2 companies could crank out some great American made equipment over a long period of time. As opposed to Life Fitness, who keeps buying up companies and flooding the gyms with subpar Chinese made equipment.

Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some serious name dropping going on here
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Some serious name dropping going on here
    Jeez, you know something, you're right.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Personally, I think it was the right move to drop tommy from rogue. Outside of the ab series bench.... the other stuff that he designed was just too pricey for the rogue market. Look at the $5k leg press, yes it’s an awesome machine.... but I don’t see small gyms/CrossFit boxes/etc, picking up high end limited use pieces. I’d agree that he might fit with someone like legend, power lift, etc with a bigger university/pro team line up instead of small gym and home users.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Personally, I think it was the right move to drop tommy from rogue. Outside of the ab series bench.... the other stuff that he designed was just too pricey for the rogue market. Look at the $5k leg press, yes it’s an awesome machine.... but I don’t see small gyms/CrossFit boxes/etc, picking up high end limited use pieces. I’d agree that he might fit with someone like legend, power lift, etc with a bigger university/pro team line up instead of small gym and home users.
    Absolutely true but consider Rogue has been trying to break into the institutional market hence the Lat Pull, high end GHD, leg press, prone leg curl etc...To compete they need to offer something really interesting as opposed to functional and good enough which his historically their issue.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Absolutely true but consider Rogue has been trying to break into the institutional market hence the Lat Pull, high end GHD, leg press, prone leg curl etc...To compete they need to offer something really interesting as opposed to functional and good enough which his historically their issue.
    Exactly, plus the leg press was a legacy piece, not a new design, it wasnt an ideal item because those are especially expensive to make pieces. Stuff like benches, leverage plate loaded machines, stuff like that would be much more in line with what a commercial gym might throw there way while ordering racks and rigs. Also maybe more cabke pieces. Lat pulldowns are a ok start, but a good cable column or functional trainer are needed to round out the cable offerings. Even a gym using multiple lines probably want some uniformity and would opt to get there oull down, low row, cable column, functional trainer from one company.
    How about making a functional trainer that competes with the bravo and hoist pieces that utilize adjustable support, so,eone like tommy could figure out a real ekegant and comprtitive way to do that, and those go for big money, dont have a lot of current conpetition, and fit more then just standard commercial aplications. There sold to physical therepy places, home gyms, et. I feel like without tommy, something like a FT would look just like all the cheap impirts but be expensive. With Tommy it would be something that makes it onto people's “zits expensive but worth oaying for list)

Well the idea I thought was for Rogue to get in the business of making machines to compete with the likes of Power Lift, Legend, etc. and to use that massive facility they recently built. That was the reason they bought Nebula www.nebula-fitness.com There is a very good chance the CrossFit craze could fade in the coming years. It seems they bought Nebula, put out a bench, a Leg Press and not much else. Then they hired Tom Eilerman for a year and didn't do much with him, he was happy to get out of there.

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    You'd be right if you thought Rogue was truly about CF/Small Box/Garage Gym sales, but they're really looking to crack into the commercial and University and Pro Sport market. That was the whole reason Rogue purchased the Nebula line in the first place. You can only sell so many units small box gyms and garage guys. In Rogue's own arrogance, they thought they'd buy all the Nebula designs and just put their Rogue touches on there and rebrand that line, but what they found out was they had no idea how to build that stuff and still don't.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You'd be right if you thought Rogue was truly about CF/Small Box/Garage Gym sales, but they're really looking to crack into the commercial and University and Pro Sport market. That was the whole reason Rogue purchased the Nebula line in the first place. You can only sell so many units small box gyms and garage guys. In Rogue's own arrogance, they thought they'd buy all the Nebula designs and just put their Rogue touches on there and rebrand that line, but what they found out was they had no idea how to build that stuff and still don't.
    Well, in all honesty.... nebula.... and Rae crowther never figured “it” out either.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50)

tommy Nebula

Maybe some of the knowledgeable insiders on this forum know if Tom Eilierman is still designing equipment for Arsenal. Periodically I check Arsenal's Instagram to see what equipment they're are putting out and never a mention of Tom. Not that many equipment makers mention their designers but Tom's Nebula equipment is some of the most revered equipment in the industry and he hasn't posted on here since he started with them. Just curious.
    No I am not with any fitness company, I was laid off from USA Strength April of 2018 after finishing up the arched incline plate loaded fly. I was told a design freeze and never heard a peep out of them till I called to say Hi this past September.

Been kicking around he idea of coming out with my on small unique leverage units. Kick around names right now TE Force is one. I have designed a new leg press that smokes my Nebula press if I decide to go forward.

Thoughts
    Tom Eilerman
    Founder of Nebula

Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommynebula will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tommynebula View Post
    No I am not with any fitness company, I was laid off from USA Strength April of 2018 after finishing up the arched incline plate loaded fly. I was told a design freeze and never heard a peep out of them till I called to say Hi this past September.

Been kicking around he idea of coming out with my on small unique leverage units. Kick around names right now TE Force is one. I have designed a new leg press that smokes my Nebula press if I decide to go forward.

Thoughts
    I have had a few over seas companies get in contact with me, but not moving over there. If any of the bigger companies in USA want to talk, tom@ridgeteksolutions.com is my Design company.

I have been designing farm equipment as of late, but miss fitness.
    Tom Eilerman
    Founder of Nebula

Hi Gene!
    Tom Eilerman
    Founder of Nebula

cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have had a few over seas companies get in contact with me, but not moving over there. If any of the bigger companies in USA want to talk, tom@ridgeteksolutions.com is my Design company.

Hope someone has the sense to bring you on; would be a shame to not see more of your designs in the future.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Tommy, you might try contacting REP Fitness, they are family owned and based in Colorado. The owner posts on this forum regularly and is very responsive to the customers needs.They seem to be coming on strong, always looking to improve and expand their product line.

https://www.repfitness.com/blog/meet-the-team/

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...6350481&page=1

They also had a commercial division called Victory Fitness, I don't know if they still have that division. They had a separate web site for it, that web site doesn't seem to work anymore.

Reps did talk to me over a year ago, but did not seem to interested at the time to use my skills. I would love to get with a company that would love to go head to head with any of my old work> I am ready to kicks some metal ass!
    Tom Eilerman
    Founder of Nebula

cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Reps did talk to me over a year ago, but did not seem to interested at the time to use my skills. I would love to get with a company that would love to go head to head with any of my old work> I am ready to kicks some metal ass!
    My vote is for a Nebula/Mech6 joint venture.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

What about the big boys like Precor or Life Fitness? Life Fitness bought Cybex a few years ago. Then theirs Power Lift and Rogers (Pendulum). I think any of them would be smart to hire you with your resume. I think it's kind of like sales you should try them all until you hit the right one.

I remember using your leg press at Bev Francis's Golds Gym back in the 90's, been a fan since. I wish you the best, keep us updated.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They also had a commercial division called Victory Fitness, I don't know if they still have that division. They had a separate web site for it, that web site doesn't seem to work anymore.
    I believe Rep/Victory are importing Panatta equipment, so possibly they won't be in a hurry to develop their own commercial line.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I believe Rep/Victory are importing Panatta equipment, so possibly they won't be in a hurry to develop their own commercial line.
    I wonder if they still are, the Victory Fitness web site doesn't seem to work anymore, that's where they sold the Panatta equipment. Also, it would be more money in their pockets, if they sold their own line of equipment instead of Panatta's equipment.

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArnoldHAMnEGGer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What about the big boys like Precor or Life Fitness? Life Fitness bought Cybex a few years ago. Then theirs Power Lift and Rogers (Pendulum). I think any of them would be smart to hire you with your resume. I think it's kind of like sales you should try them all until you hit the right one.

I remember using your leg press at Bev Francis's Golds Gym back in the 90's, been a fan since. I wish you the best, keep us updated.
    i was also lucky enough to use that Leg Press in the Gold's Gym in the small town i grew up in. That Leg Press was the best! So many vids of ifbb pros doing legs happened to be shot using that piece...it's no coincidence. Neb's Hack Squat was nice too.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Who's seriously buying Panatta equipment in the states...that one never made any sense to me why REP went that route?

Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000)

Small world...I work in Darke County (and live in the farm country)!
    ()---() York Barbell Club #29 ()---()