Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magnum Trifecta

thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Magnum Trifecta

I just got three never before tried Magnum products today (never tried by me anyway), so I'm really excited to see how they work for me. The three products I'll be logging here are:

1. Tonic: Test Support

2. Big C: Creatine Blend

3. After Burner: Bedtime Fat Burner

I'm really excited about this stack. This winter was not good to me. I got lazy... and fat. The good news is I'm extra motivated now. I have high hopes for this log. I'll be updating it several times a week so stick around and I'm happy to share my opinions and discoveries regarding these products.

I just got the package and I've already taken a serving of Big C and Tonic. I'm not stranger to creatine and I've usually had great results in the past, but like I said, I've never tried Big C. I have taken a few test boosters before but I've never really felt like I've needed a boost before. This is the first time I'm feeling my age. I find it easier to give in to my recent lazy and tired feelings in the last year or so. I'm hoping I can turn up the training with Tonic and Creatine stacked together. The burner will come in handy simply because I've gotten a gut. It's usually not too hard for me to get back into shape but I thought I'd try the after burner just in case it's harder than usual.

The one thing I'm a little sad about is that I didn't pick any products that are tasty. All my current Magnum products are caps, which is fine, but I know from a couple other products I've used in the past that Magnum Nutraceuticals generally has great flavoring. I really enjoyed the chocolate Quatro I burned through not too long ago.

Thanks to the Magnum reps and company for the opportunity to try these new products.

I'll get into a little more detail soon. I have to take my daughter to soccer practice now.

thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Last night was my first session while under the influence of the creatine and tonic. I'm not expecting to see any effect already but it was a good session. I wasn't even scheduled to train so I just did a hodgepodge of some of my favorites.

I started with 20 minutes cardio on the treadmill. That's about all i'm good for right now.

BB shrugs: 4x15

Toe raises: 4x20

BB reverse Curls: 4x15

Dips: 3x15 (these used to be so much easier for me!)

I'm pretty sure in my chest today from my previous chest session. Yesterday's dips didn't help. I'm hoping the creatine helps with recovery.

I'll let myself get a little more familiar with the products and then I'll make a first impression review.

B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    SUBBED like whoa. And yeah kinda hard to flavor pills haha.
    Magnum Nutraceuticals BB.com Forum Manager & Lead Sales Representative
    Better Ingredients, Better Results
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    SUBBED like whoa. And yeah kinda hard to flavor pills haha.
    you might have just had a million dollar idea!

THanks for stopping in. I'm just heading out to lift. Gonna hit some shoulders. Took my creatine and tonic. Off I go.

strong shoulder session tonight! I had to rush to get everything in because I didn't have much time. Family was coming over for dinner.

I did more in less time. I feel great but I didn't get to do any cardio. Bumbed about that. I came home and took my second dose of creatine and then had a huge dinner for pull pork sandwhiches and tatertots. Not a diet meal but it was good!

Tomorrow is our last track meet (I coach) so I probably won't get to train. If I get back early enough I'll head up to the gym and get that cardio session in from today.

Really looking forward to the CAVS game on Sunday after mother's day brunch. Have a great weekend everyone!

B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like a busy loaded weekend. You ever get to do your cardio with the track meets that you coach at?
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Sounds like a busy loaded weekend. You ever get to do your cardio with the track meets that you coach at?
    Ha.. Good idea... but no. I've lost a step and I don't want to let these kids know they're faster than me now. I'm far removed from the college track star I was 18 years ago. I can still hang with them in the weight room, but my body is older than it should be because of all the abuse I put it through over the years.

I had a great lats/back session yesterday. The creatine kicked in right away and I"m feeling strong. I'm hoping to notice some boost from the Tonic this week sometime.

Tonight I got a chest session lined up. Should be fun.

Yardio! Gotta love a push mower workout before hitting the gym.

Chest:

Bench Press: 135x10, 155x10, 185x10, 185x15, 135x15

Incline Press: 135x10 (3 sets)

Decline Press: 185x10 (3 sets)

Flyes: 3x12

Nowhere near the numbers I used to throw around, but I'm just happy I hit the high reps. I hate high reps. I probably could have pushed myself for another set of each motion. I'm still figuring out what I can handle. Looking forward to next time. I'll be back up to my old numbers in no time.

Today's a rest day for me, but I'm feeling great in general. I feel like something I was missing over the winter was energy and motivation. I've recently found both and I have to credit at least some of my energy and motivation to the boost I'm getting from the Big C and the Tonic. I'm almost ready to turn it up a notch.

A clear example of the extra energy I"ve been noticing is how today is a rest day for me but I'm sitting here twitching. I want to go to the gym but I know my body needs a recovery day so I can grow back stronger. I'm tempting to up and go jogging... and anyone who knows me would say that's not something I EVER say.

Love to hear that about the extra energy. And holy volume on that workout. Great work.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Love to hear that about the extra energy. And holy volume on that workout. Great work.
    thanks man. I'm exausted today because I stayed up and watche my cavs get smoked again. And then my boss texted at 4am to cancel a meeting and I couldn't fall back asleep. I'm gonna wake myself up with a big arms day. I have nothing to brag about but I am really starting to notice some shape to arms. Getting that peak back.

arms session:

Straight bar curls: 3x15

Skull Crushers: 3x15

Preacher Curls: 3x15

Tri pushdowns: 4x15

Hammer Curls: 3x15

Seated Toe Presses: 5x25

Jump rope sprints.

If it wasn't so late, I would have done a couple more sets because I was going strong, but I couldn't get to the gym until late tonight because my wife had a meeting and I was home with the kids.

Observations on products:

Big C: I definitely notice myself getting bigger and stronger. The capsuls are convenient but sometimes I can't remember if I already took the second serving today. I getting old I guess. I take one serving in the morning and usually the other serving when I get home from work, but since it's taken twice a day, it's like dejavu and then I start thinking maybe I already took my second serving. As of right now, I can say this is as good a creatine that I've ever used, and I've been bouncing around on creatines types and brands since I was 15 years old.

Tonic: Starting to feel a little more like myself each day! I'm guessing I probably won't get the full results with one bottle but I can say that I'm definitely feeling younger in the gym than I was a few months ago. I like that it's one cap three times a day rather than three caps twice a day or two caps three times a day.

After burner: Haven't noticed much from this yet. I'm holding out hope that as I continue to eat a little better than I was before the long started and with my cardio, that I see some clear changes in the gut area. I've been sleeping really well (other than last night but that's a different reason). I don't necessarily notice feeling an elevation in body heat which I'm glad about because I get hot at night anyway. I haven't been on a scale lately. When the log started I was around 222ish. I'd like to get down to 215, but with the creatine kicking in, I'd also be fine hovering around 220 but keeping some lean mass on. We'll see.

I got home from work today and cut the grass again. This grass is growing so fast because of all the rain. It makes for a good warm up cardio session though. I'm hoping i can get to the gym in a bit. My daughter is at soccer practice now and then I have to take my other daughter to softball practice right after... If I get one in tonight it will be another quicky. It's a good night to hit some of my favorites just to get the blood flowing and burn some extra calories. Maybe shurgs, calves, forearms, and upper back...

I got to the gym last night for a fun day. My daughter was sick so I didn't have much time. I abs, shrugs, upper back, forearms, and cardio.

I'm looking into a lats day today.

My diet has been pretty good lately. Nothing motivates me more to eat healthy than a series of good workouts in the gym. That in combination with the Big C and Tonic is giving me a great month of training so far. Starting to look better in the mirror too and my wife gave me a nice compliment about my shoulders and arms the other day.

I had the best lat session I've had in months last night. I was pulling more weight for more reps. And I even added a couple extra sets of press downs just for fun. I didn't do any cardio though so I'm hoping to get back in there tonight and start with a nice cardio session.

I'm really starting to notice some changes from the tonic and creatine. And I have to guess that part of why my definition is looking better lately is because of the afterburner. What a great stack!

Today is the first day that I'd say I'm feeling like a new man. Although I've been a little cranky and short with my kids the last week. Could be the test boost? Or maybe they're just pssing me off more than usual.

I had the best chest session I've had since getting back into lifting after a long lazy winter today!

Bench: 135x10, 155x10, 185x10, 205x10, 225x5, 225x10, 135x15: I was pleased with the 225x10 since I was feeling pretty tired coming into this workout. My kids are both sick so I haven't been sleeping much the last couple nights.

Incline: 185x10 (three sets)

decline: 185x10 (three sets)

flyes machine: 3x10

I didn't want to push the cardio because like I said, my kids are sick and I know it's just a matter of time before I start puking so I didn't want to run my body down already. It was a pssy move but my golden years of training through fevers and injuries are gone. I train for fun and for health. So I'm fine with taking it easy. but I keep saying I'm feeling more alpha now with the tonic and creatine so maybe I"ll get back to my old mindset.

Strong bench session. Feeling like a new man? Definitely sounds like Tonic kicking in early.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Strong bench session. Feeling like a new man? Definitely sounds like Tonic kicking in early.
    Yeah I was thinking it seems a little soon to be fully benifitting from the tonic, but I can't deny the feeling. How long does it usually take to kick in? With other test products I've found it's a few weeks and usually at the very end of the bottle.

Originally Posted by thekaratekid View Post
    Yeah I was thinking it seems a little soon to be fully benifitting from the tonic, but I can't deny the feeling. How long does it usually take to kick in? With other test products I've found it's a few weeks and usually at the very end of the bottle.
    Yes. Usually Tonic takes most users 2-3 weeks to kick in.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Yes. Usually Tonic takes most users 2-3 weeks to kick in.
    Okay so I'm right around there.

Have a great Holiday weekend everyone. Happy Memorial Day on Monday. I didn't lift today because my daughter had a softball game so I'll hit it tomorrow and update. I just took my night Tonic and Afterburner.

I have a couple more servings of Big C, so I'm excited to turn it up in my last couple sessions of the log. I had decent work out yesterday and I'm going to follow up it up with a strong chest session. I like my cardio recently.

Go Cavs! Looking forward to seeing which team we play in the finals. I'm not confident regardless of who it is. The Cavs are amazing but the West is too strong. We'll see.

I just took my last serving of Big C.

So here is my final review.

I really saw it work. It kicked in fast and I saw clear gains in both size and strength. My shoulders and chest are fuller and my weights and reps all increased. I was looking for something to give me a kick start as I eased back into the gym scene and this was perfect. The caps were easy to swallow too (I mean, I guess as easy as any caps would be. But what I mean was is they are more convenient than using a spoon and mixing it into liquid).

Overall, I'd say this is about as good a creatine that I've ever taken. Better than most, and it ranks right up there with other top selling brands of creatine. In fact, I wish I had more! So I'll keep on the look out for deals on bb.com.

Let's give it a 9.5/10... I love the blend and I didn't notice any bloating. I'm having trouble losing my gut, but that's probably because I'm eating more lately because I'm burning more calories and with kids around, there is always junk to ruin my diet. In my opinion, it would be hard to beat Big C. Is it possible, maybe. But I can't think of a product that is more effective.

Of the three products, I used/am using right now (Big C, Tonic, and Afterburner), Big C is the one I noticed first and most undeniably.

If you're looking for a top notch creatine blend, look no more. I was a little surprised to see ginsing in the mix, but I don't dislike that cute little add in. Why not. I don't see why, but like I said, why not!?

Thumbs up

Looking forward to the tail end of this log. Keep up the great work.

Thank you for the solid feedback on Big C. It's one of my favorite products and I absolutely can tell when I'm not using it. I love it. Thanks for that honest feedback.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Looking forward to the tail end of this log. Keep up the great work.

Thank you for the solid feedback on Big C. It's one of my favorite products and I absolutely can tell when I'm not using it. I love it. Thanks for that honest feedback.
    no problem. It was pleasure obviously. I'm looking forward to seeing how tonic really kicks in during this last week or so.

Last night I crushed a great chest workout. My last set was 245x4 and the last rep was smooth. Hard, but smooth. I followed it up with three sets of incline and three sets of decline. Finished it off with three sets of flyes.

Tonight I have to coach my daughter's softball game so I'm not sure I'll be able to it the gym. If I can get up there, I'll do some legs. It's been a couple weeks since I've hit the legs. Maybe some squats, leg curls and leg extensions.

Whoa... Today my first day off Big C so I used a different brand of creatine because I had some left over from a while back. I've been having stomach issues since I took the other brand's creatine. So I thought I'd add to my final thoughts on the Big C. Something I didn't really realize while I was taking it is that I had zero stomach/bathroom issues. I never had the runs or extreme gas or anything like that. I'm miserable today though. I'm going to throw this other stuff away. I won't even bash the brand. It's just going in the trash.

Last day of work today (I'm a teacher). I'll do some odd jobs and some tutoring during the summer, but I'm mainly looking forward to take my training to the next level. This Magnum stack has gotten back into dedicated training. Now I'll have more time to take another step forward.

I just got home from the gym. I was bored so I just headed up there to fool around. I did about 35 minutes on the treadmill (walk, jog, walk). Then I did some forearms, biceps, triceps, and calves. All my favorites. I was pretty wiped out from the cardio so I didn't push it.

Go Cavs!

Originally Posted by thekaratekid View Post
    Whoa... Today my first day off Big C so I used a different brand of creatine because I had some left over from a while back. I've been having stomach issues since I took the other brand's creatine. So I thought I'd add to my final thoughts on the Big C. Something I didn't really realize while I was taking it is that I had zero stomach/bathroom issues. I never had the runs or extreme gas or anything like that. I'm miserable today though. I'm going to throw this other stuff away. I won't even bash the brand. It's just going in the trash.
    That to me speaks volumes about the quality of our products. Thanks for this addition.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

I just got home from a weekend trip to my sister's house to celebrate my niece's graduation. I'm so wiped out now. I"ll have to wait until tomorrow to return to the iron. I love that I'm back to the point where when I miss a couple days of training in a row, I start to get antsi. Legs start twitching.

I'll be turning up the cardio this week too. It will be a good end to the log.

Love that feeling and congrats to your niece.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM