Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can calcium citrate, magnesium & D3 combo cause weight gain or water retention?

After a bit of research and asking around, I decided to try taking a recommended supplement for people who lift/workout a lot. I started taking a calcium citrate combo with magnesium and D3. Once I started taking them for a couple of days, these minerals helped me do better in my workouts, I had increased energy and they improved my sleep as I was having a bit insomnia and fatigue from recent over-training. I do believe I have a calcium depletion (I lift every day, and my joints were starting to crackle when I moved around, so I decided to take protective measures for my future bone health. Being female especially, I thought this to be important to take the calcium that I have been neglecting for about 2 years since I started training.) I did start to feel more energized and my workouts were getting stronger while taking these minerals, however, I noticed I quickly put on a couple lbs (mainy water I think?) and once I stopped the pills, 4 days later the lbs slowly went down a little but I'm back to being low on energy again. I read that some people had this same issue, but continued taking the supplement and the weight kept creeping back up! so I have stopped the supplement for now.

I noticed the same thing happened when I started taking a basic multivitamin as well... more weight gain!

Anyone else by chance experience this? can calcium citrate/magnesium/D3 combo pills cause weight gain? I mean I do believe they were giving me good benefits but I don't want the side effects if this will cause me to increase the lbs again. My diet has stayed the same, no changes, so I don't believe it was due to increase in caloric intake.
    Don't judge, you were once a noob too

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you feel better taking them then I would keep taking them for a few weeks and see what happens. That said, if you are worried you can go to a doctor to get your electrolyte levels checked as well as a DEXA scan to check bone mineral density, and the results you experienced in only a couple of days were likely placebo.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calcium and magnesium compete for absorption. They shouldn't be taken together.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Calcium and magnesium compete for absorption. They shouldn't be taken together.
    From what I was told though, the D3 part of the supplement combo was supposed to help the calcium/magnesium absorb better? it was a GNC product, the minerals were blended into one big pill not 3 separate ones...
    Don't judge, you were once a noob too