davidperry92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

question about proper protien intake amount

I'm tyring to figure out how much is about the correct amount of protein I should be intaking for a day for both workout days as well as my rest day. I found a calculator but I'm not sure if it is correct only because it doesn't ask you about your body fat percentage. to me I would make sense to know the body fat percentage as apposed to just a total weight am I correct in assuming this? the way I look at it is if a person weighting 200 pounds with a lower percentage of body fat would more likely need more protein than an individual weighting 200 pounds and a higher body fat percentage. I figure this only because it would make sense that the person with the lower body fat needs more due to there being a larger mass of muscle in need of repair as opposed to the fatter person with less muscle mass in need of repair. is the best way to assume the proper amount of protein more along the lines of instead of putting in your correct weight you put in the healthy range of bmi weight? I am fat and I'm almost certain I'm not in need of upwards to 200 grams of protein a day to help build muscle. I found one that was upwards to 300 grams of protein but Id assume it was for bulking and others give me a range of 100 to about 150 or so. I'm not sure which I should trust can anyone give me a little guidance?

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Please read the stickies in the main section. You will be fine generally speaking with 0.8 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass.