clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10) clokwise is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What is a good macro breakdown percentage wise?

Going to start keto soon to help shed the last 20-30lbs I'd like to lose. I am currently lifting regularly and going to add in more cardio since I've been lazy about that recently. I am going to try and track myself for a while to get the ball rolling but I can't seem to find a good answer for a good macro breakdown (percentage wise) for daily calories. For instance the best plan I've found so far was calling for 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs (this is approximately 24g). Just trying to find a good breakdown of macros for my calories. Thanks!

kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by clokwise View Post
    Going to start keto soon to help shed the last 20-30lbs I'd like to lose. I am currently lifting regularly and going to add in more cardio since I've been lazy about that recently. I am going to try and track myself for a while to get the ball rolling but I can't seem to find a good answer for a good macro breakdown (percentage wise) for daily calories. For instance the best plan I've found so far was calling for 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs (this is approximately 24g). Just trying to find a good breakdown of macros for my calories. Thanks!
    I'm curious too

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    You got it! 75% fat, 20% Protein, 5% carbs.

This changes as you change your goals, though. Ultimately, you're gonna want to be around 20g carbs, regardless of what percentage of macros/calories this makes up. Your protein should change as your body composition changes as well - it should always be about 0.8g/Kg of lean bodyweight. This should level off, especially as you near your goal. So then you're at a static amount of carbs (unger 20g) and a static amount of protein (based on your lean body mass). At this point, you simply use fat as your leverage: need to lose weight? Consume less fat. Gain? More fat. Stay the same? Don't change.

Eventually, assuming you stick with keto and it's not just a weight loss thing for you, you'll learn how many carbs you can actually handle and stay in ketosis; so that might change as well down the road. But the best rule of thumb is 20g or less carbs (net; most people don't count fiber).

Hope this helps!
    Lucky me swimming in my ability; dancing down on life with agility!