Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Same weight as bulky guys

I mean, like in bicep curls n stuff.
    Quite a lot guys at the gym curl 22lbs, sweating 'n puffing. And I do the same, with the same weight :') Funniest thing is, their arms are kinda impressive, but mine are like a beginner lol. Can't wait for the look on their faces when I curl more than them with a less impressive arm

More girls having a giggle while experiencing these situations?

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bragging about curling smh

Brag about glute hip thrust.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are no combination of weights that would allow me to curl 22lbs reps so you're already way ahead of me.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Jits90 View Post
    Quite a lot guys at the gym curl 22lbs, sweating 'n puffing. And I do the same, with the same weight :') Funniest thing is, their arms are kinda impressive, but mine are like a beginner lol. Can't wait for the look on their faces when I curl more than them with a less impressive arm

Well, you know, those guys are in the gym trying to create a better version of themselves, just like you. I respect discipline, consistency, and effort...not who is lifting more or less raw weight. Kudos to the person who comes back to the gym despite people “giggling” at them as they try to improve themselves.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

TBH my first thought is that, especially with exercises like curls, tempo and control of the weight are more important than how heavy the weight is. That's why people don't go around bragging their curl weights, typically.

As women, we get denigrated at the gym all the time. It can be very tempting to want to lash out at the same group (men) who will do things like come over and explain how we're 'lifting weights wrong' or laugh at us for doing exercises, or make idiot jokes about how we should train only glutes (I see you, glute hip thrust guy ITT), or make idiot jokes about how we SHOULDn'T just train glutes like the dumb girly ninnies we are.

So. Yeah. I definitely get taking covert pleasure in outlifting men. You still probably shouldn't laugh at them out loud, or make mocking faces, because just because we suffer this sort of mockery ourselves doesn't mean we have to dole it out.

Also, in this particular case, you're picking the wrong thing to be proud of. It seems more likely you aren't curling effectively and may be using momentum or cheating the movement somehow, and your own growth might take a hit because of it.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Chad1998 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chad1998 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chad1998 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't imagine a "bulky" guy curling just 22lbs... But good job, I guess

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was beginning to think I was the only woman who was disliked, put down and criticized by the men in the gym for being unusually strong! So it does happen to other women! I was told if a man thinks a woman can outlift him, pound for pound, he probably wouldn't find it "hot" and may feel emasculated in some way. I believe it depends on how secure a man is to begin with. I was also getting down on myself, thinking my age was one factor in how negatively I was being seen. I sympathize with the naturally strong and/or muscular women who have experienced negative attention instead of receiving accolades for their "gifts." I know a lot of hard work is involved, but I truly believe these are also admirable gifts for a woman to have. And instead of apologizing for being different, we should be proud but humble too.

Chad1998 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chad1998 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chad1998 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    I was beginning to think I was the only woman who was disliked, put down and criticized by the men in the gym for being unusually strong! So it does happen to other women! I was told if a man thinks a woman can outlift him, pound for pound, he probably wouldn't find it "hot" and may feel emasculated in some way. I believe it depends on how secure a man is to begin with. I was also getting down on myself, thinking my age was one factor in how negatively I was being seen. I sympathize with the naturally strong and/or muscular women who have experienced negative attention instead of receiving accolades for their "gifts." I know a lot of hard work is involved, but I truly believe these are also admirable gifts for a woman to have. And instead of apologizing for being different, we should be proud but humble too.
    Doubt anyone dislikes a woman for being strong. In my gym there are a few professional female bodybuilders, they look better than most of us ever will be and they obviously have way more experience in the field. If anything, most guys look up to them and ask for their help regarding exercises/nutrition (I did too when I started going to the gym). Now these girls are professionals and they lift big weights, which is awesome, impressive, motivating and so on. And most importantly they're humble. But if you go around and curl literally 22lbs which is more than some holocaust survivor looking guy lifts, then that's just sad.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Chad1998 View Post
    Doubt anyone dislikes a woman for being strong. In my gym there are a few professional female bodybuilders, they look better than most of us ever will be and they obviously have way more experience in the field. If anything, most guys look up to them and ask for their help regarding exercises/nutrition (I did too when I started going to the gym). Now these girls are professionals and they lift big weights, which is awesome, impressive, motivating and so on. And most importantly they're humble. But if you go around and curl literally 22lbs which is more than some holocaust survivor looking guy lifts, then that's just sad.
    Thank you for replying. And I can curl 35lbs., if you must know ( I'm not the woman that started this thread, referring to 22 lb dumbbell curls). But I never brag about what I do at the gym. I'm too busy focusing on MY performance-based workouts. Maybe I'm not aound like-minded people in these local gyms.

Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's also really funny that men can dish jokes out, but can rarely ever take it if it comes from a competent woman.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Blukbruh View Post
    It's also really funny that men can dish jokes out, but can rarely ever take it if it comes from a competent woman.
    This is where the popular myth that women don't have senses of humor comes from.

Men's jokes are often made at the expense of women, so of course we don't find them funny.

Likewise, when women make jokes at the expense of men, the men shockingly and suddenly lose their vaunted senses of humor! It's a mystery!
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Since I can no longer delete my original post, I’d just like to officially bow out of this thread. I guess I saw this as a gym “bully” thread, regardless of gender, and didn’t see it as a (or devolving into) an us vs. them argument.

Sorry to anyone who has had a bad experience based on gender.

marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

:'( No, because I have never had any upper body strength. I can't even do 1 push up or pull up :'( but good for you girl!