TranceGoD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90X Day 1 Review

Hi all,

Been a part of this site for a while but haven't posted much. So thought I'd add my experience with the ever so talked about P90x. I know a lot of people hate it and call it a scam/bogus but let me note why I actually like this program. First of do a lot of people have said this and I will say it too just so we are all clear on this. P90x is in no shape or form for very beginners. If you never worked out or done any push ups and pull up then I'd say don't even try this because most likely then not you will get frustrated and quit right from the start. You don't have to be in perfect shape but there is a fitness test that is "required" for everyone to test their strength prior to thinking about P90x. So I truly recommend everyone who wants to do this to first take the test and see how you do before you try this.

Ok now let's talk about P90x. The main reason I chose this program after a long 9 months of getting my unshaped body in somewhat in shape is I wanted some muscle definition and not necessarily size like a weight lifters. Sure there are a lot of programs out there and I bet I don't even know 1% of it but I chose P90x because one I heard a lot of people quit this program and it's challenging. Also two the fact that it's on-demand and I can jump from P90x to P90x2, 3, and One on One for just $99 a year was also another good selling point for me. Beachbody on demand is really a great tool with various programs that you can view right on your phone, tablet, and smart TVs. I mean I just finished a private boot camp paying $199 a month and prior to that I did some short term cross fit and that was about $175 a month. So for the price and the convenience of working out from home this was a huge selling point for me.

P90x can be done in 3 variations. The classic mode which is your standard A-Z starters, the Double Format which is doubling your workouts 2x a day, and there is the more cardio less muscle workout for those looking to burn calories and do less of lifting. I chose classic because I'm new and I definitely need some muscle + cardio together. As for my day 1 and the program I quickly found out that it's definitely not for everyone and you will be hurting as I am from day one. Without getting into to much detail and making this extremely long day 1 is chest and back and you pretty much do all push ups and pull up variations with minimal rest for about 1hr approximately. In addition there is Ab Ripper X program they want you to do following which is another 20 minutes give or take. So overall day 1 experience grade I'd give it a A- The reason for some points off is the quality of the program. Yes, I know the program has been around for years and it's nothing new but you'd think with all the technology and the money that Beachbody is racking in they would spend some of it on up-scaling this to at least 1080 HD format. It's not a deal breaker by any means but would be nice to have up to date video format quality at minimum.

So let's see what day 2 brings and how this journey goes. If you personally want to start this or are already in this please comment and let me know how your story goes.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Put this in the log section and knock yourself out. Dont spam the workout board with your workout logs please.

TranceGoD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry didn't know about the log section. Can you assist in moving it there?

Thank you

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TranceGoD View Post
    Sorry didn't know about the log section. Can you assist in moving it there?

Thank you
    It says Workout Journals at the top of this forum board
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671