Registered User HadesRagnazrath's Avatar
    HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Problem with running

I'm 17 and thinking about playing HS football next year. I am a very slow runner, due to my height and knee pain. Pretty much everyone I know is faster than me.

Today my friends and I were playing around with a football. I was running to catch and stuff and my friend said I run really weird. Kind of like I'm stomping on the ground. No wonder my knees are always killing me...maybe this has something to do with bad posture or running in skate shoes.

I want to know how I can fix this so I can be faster if I play football next year. I tried running more lightly so that my heels werent touching the ground but I think I was exaggerating it and it threw off my balance.

My brother also told me that I look weird when running, like my upper body is too relaxed; basically I just don't look into it.

Have any of you dealt with this and overcome it? If so, how?

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look for someone to coach you on proper running technique.

wreckeroo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am also very slow runner even from the last few weeks i feel that i have put on some fat.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    go see your HS track coach (sprints or hurdles) and ask them to look at your running form.

Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by HadesRagnazrath View Post
    I'm 17 and thinking about playing HS football next year. I am a very slow runner, due to my height and knee pain. Pretty much everyone I know is faster than me.

Today my friends and I were playing around with a football. I was running to catch and stuff and my friend said I run really weird. Kind of like I'm stomping on the ground. No wonder my knees are always killing me...maybe this has something to do with bad posture or running in skate shoes.

I want to know how I can fix this so I can be faster if I play football next year. I tried running more lightly so that my heels werent touching the ground but I think I was exaggerating it and it threw off my balance.

My brother also told me that I look weird when running, like my upper body is too relaxed; basically I just don't look into it.

Have any of you dealt with this and overcome it? If so, how?
    Thanks for your take on the situation, Timothy.

Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100) Einstein53 is not very well liked. (-100)

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Einstein53 View Post
    spambot reported.