GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What to do next? Recomp / Cut / Bulk?

I am currently 175 pounds / 6 foot tall. My highest weight is 400 pounds so I have a lot of loose skin. A couple of months ago I have asked in the bf thread and I was given an estimate around 14-20%. In December I took a dexa scan and got around 16%. However, I have lost around 3-4 kg more after that scan. I am really confused on what to do next? Should I start eating at maintenance (recomp)? bulking? or stay cutting? I don't have any muscles, but I can still feel fat in a lot of areas or maybe it is the loose skin. I have posted the pictures in the gallery. Am I skinny fat? Thanks!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GilaMakan; 04-26-2018 at 08:36 AM.

eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50) eddietheeagle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I’m not suitably experienced to suggest what your next move is but just wanted to say a massive well done loosing all that weight!

With that level of motivation and dedication I’m sure you will hit whatever goal you decide on!

themojo45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am not too familiar with your situation but i would say bulk but very slow and clean because you dont want to refill your fat cells that you lost. I think you should try to get the excess skin if it is bad. Bulking will allow you to add some muscle to your physique which will help your recent loss. If you continue to cut you may make it harder for your body to adjust to the change. Overall congrats on losing that much weight, you made one giant leap so far.

GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10) GilaMakan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you. Yes, I'm really leaning towards a slow bulk but I'm worried that I'm not lean enough since I see people here with same height but lower body weight before they start their bulk. That is why I'm a bit uncertain on what to do. The loose skin is pretty bad probably because I have always been obese since childhood, but I think I'm gonna wait for a couple of months before deciding what to do with it.

SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirMinus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have an answer for your questions but wanted to chime in and say congrats. That's a hell of an accomplishment, keep up the good work.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Were you working out the whole time you lost that weight, meaning, do you have any muscle mass at all to support cutting further? You might want to post a picture, sometimes we can give some better advise if we see your current physique.

When I lost my weight (not nearly as much as you did, so congrats on that btw), I didn't really have enough mass to cut past 15% without looking sickly, so that's when I decided to bulk. Basically I set a rule that I would cut until I was happy with how I looked in the mirror, and then cut another 10 lbs past that, knowing that I was going to put some fat back on with my bulk.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

I uploaded the photo in the gallery, but I just realized that I can attach photo in my post too. I started weight lifting very late when I already lost most of my weight (around 220 pounds) but I was really sedentary when I was obese so I probably do not have any muscles to begin with.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GilaMakan; 04-26-2018 at 08:38 AM.