SpodeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Lack of fat and weight loss. Macro break down included, looking for advice.

Hi,
    Looking for some macro and general advice, so I am not a stranger to working out or dieting but within the last two years my metabolism has tanked and i have gained about 30lbs and I have been trying to find that balance of losing fat, maintaining and building lean muscle.

For the last month I have gone on 2000 calorie diet and weighed myself this morning for the 1st time in two weeks and haven't dropped a pound, haven't dropped anything in the last month.
    So, any dudes reading are probably like your on a 2k diet and not dropping weight then your closet eating or not logging everything. I log everything, condiments to salt. Now the only thing I don't log is that on a friday night only I typically consume 2 or 3 Vodka and (Orange Juice logged), vodka no. if someone says cut the alcohol for the next few months or longer no problem.

It’s important to know before this I restricted myself to a 1500 calorie diet for a few months with little results so I am trying to get more back to a baseline of 2000 a day and or metabolism reset.

Calculating BMR:
    2,657 on a lightly active or Sedentary life style, I have a desk job so unless I work out I do about 2 miles a day of walking.

Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance.

Macro Break Down:
    Body Type - Classified as a mixture of endo/meso - Probably more the endomorph side where I store fat easily, don't drop weight easily.
    Goal- Drop fat, build lean muscle, get down to about 200lb
    Gym:
    4-5 times a week, do Cardio 3 days a week or so which consists of 30 min elliptical, walking, and or walking/sprints. Sometimes fasted and other times not, depends on the day.

Macros: 30C 35F 35P which equals out to about 150G carbs, 78Grams fat, 175 grams protein.

Water intake: Other then coffee, and the OJ i stated about I only drink water, almond milk, and or coconut water. Usually just water, 1 gallon a day.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This forum and the Fat Loss forum are like groundhog day...

First, lets be honest. Your metabolism didn't "tank", your lack of exercise and overeating/drinking resulted in you putting on a bunch of fat, so just own up to it. Second, ****totypes like "endomorph" were conceived by a psychologist in the 40's that wanted to classify people based on their body shape. They are a myth that has been long debunked and those ridiculous labels have nothing to do with either losing weight or building muscle.

So lets get this all straight...

You've been eating 2000 calories with no results for the last month and you previously tried 1500 calories with little to no results.

You weigh 230 and couldn't cut on 1500 calories... Yeah, not buying it, my wife is half your size and can cut on 1500 calories. I'm 43 and weigh 210 lbs and currently cutting on 2500 calories with about 1-2lb per week loss.

Conclusion, either you have an undiagnosed medical condition or you're not being honest about your intake. I mean, what else do you want anyone on this board to tell you, to drop to 1000 calories a day? That is neither safe nor realistic for a guy your size...

Start weighing everything you eat down to the gram. Every. Single. Thing.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SpodeBoy View Post
    Water intake: Other then coffee, and the OJ i stated about I only drink water, almond milk, and or coconut water. Usually just water, 1 gallon a day.
    A common mistake people make while calorie counting is either not including liquid calories or vastly underestimating liquid calories. Do you precisely count the calories in the caloric liquids you're taking in? This can easily add a lot of calories that aren't being accounted for

Trupical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trupical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trupical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trupical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trupical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trupical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trupical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with the answers above.

Just commit and try to track everything for one week. As said above; liquids too. Alcohol has 7 kcal/gram, count it. The juice in your vodka has kcal too. You get the point.

Weigh yourself every morning, empty bladder, naked. Take the average for the week to assess your progress, this way we will mitigate water fluctuations.

If you are commited to your objective, just do that and come back with the data in one week:

- Kcal and macros per day.
    - Daily weigh ins.

Then we will be able to better assess what could be wrong. As said above, I could say you were not on 1500 kcal/day, and you are still not on 2000 kcal/day probably.

See you next monday if you are willing to.