Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Is it unusual to not feel my chest being worked until AFTER a set of bench presses?

Currently running SL 5x5 right now but I am to weak to lift the bar so I work with a pair of 20ish LB dumbbells for time being, doing 5 sets of 5-8 reps. While doing the presses, I try to keep my feet on the ground and my back arched. For whatever reason, I don't feel the contraction of my pecs until after a set of this exercise is completed. Is this normal in any manner or is it something related to form?

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bump

n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    Currently running SL 5x5 right now but I am to weak to lift the bar so I work with a pair of 20ish LB dumbbells for time being, doing 5 sets of 5-8 reps. While doing the presses, I try to keep my feet on the ground and my back arched. For whatever reason, I don't feel the contraction of my pecs until after a set of this exercise is completed. Is this normal in any manner or is it something related to form?
    \

Keep your shoulders packed and you will feel a lot more chest contraction. Also, as you go up, try to rip the bar apart with your arms, and that cue will help you activate your pecs.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your goal,strength or hypertrophy?
    The 5x5 plan is more of a strength protocol.
    Standard bodybuilding reps are 8-12 in most movements.
    While bench press isn't the best chest movements a few technique adjustments can make it better.
    As mentioned maintain an arch chest up,have elbows out away from the body thinking about when you press to bring the upper arms inward contracting the chest.
    If you don't lock out maybe go to 2/3 to 3/4 of the way you keep stress more on the chest and less on the triceps which assist in the lockout.
    Hope this helps you.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    What is your goal,strength or hypertrophy?
    The 5x5 plan is more of a strength protocol.
    Standard bodybuilding reps are 8-12 in most movements.
    While bench press isn't the best chest movements a few technique adjustments can make it better.
    As mentioned maintain an arch chest up,have elbows out away from the body thinking about when you press to bring the upper arms inward contracting the chest.
    If you don't lock out maybe go to 2/3 to 3/4 of the way you keep stress more on the chest and less on the triceps which assist in the lockout.
    Hope this helps you.
    I am relatively new to strength training in general but my primary goal is getting a base of strength first, not so much for aesthetics.

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Simple...put weight on bar..do 10 reps, can you do more weight? Put on more weight...it's easy

ImpiousOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpiousOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me personally it depends on my rep range.

I used to do 3x10 and I could feel the pump in my chest during the set.

Currently doing Texas Method, so 5x5 on my volume days, and I don't feel it in my chest until after the set.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I honesty dont know what you expect to feel from pressing 20 pound dbs.

And what you are doing isnt a 5x5.