TWILC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Transitioning To One Meal a Day

Hey guys! I'll be doing a blog of me transitioning into eating only 1 meal a day. I've done intermittent fasting before, but with a 6 hour window. But since I haven't only done 1 meal a day, I'll start this week by doing 2 meals a day, then next week move to 1. My diet will be mostly clean, but I'm not going to stress too much; as long as I'm hitting both my macros, and my micros.

I'm starting at 180 (looking chubby as hell) and trying to get down to 164. I'll be trying to hit about 2 lbs of loss per week until I get to 170, then I'll shoot for 1.5 lbs per week. I'm logging everything on myfitnesspal, and will be calories each day, and updated pictures every week. I'll be hitting the gym 4-5 times a week, with the possibility of 1 extra day of light cardio, depending on how I'm feeling.

Let's do this Shiiiiiiit!

Day 1. Woke up at 7:00 AM today, not feeling super motivated, and feeling like a fat ass. I hit the treadmill for 5 minutes as a warm up, and then worked chest and back. I'm healing from a broken collarbone from about 3 months ago, so I wanted to take it easy with the chest.

My nutrition today is decently clean, I'd really like to clean it up, but didn't have much time to prepare. I definitely want to lower the fat intake, but for today, it's fine. I'll list calories below, and then because of how this website is, I'll be posting the before pictures later on tonight.

Meal 1:
    Canned Chicken 10 oz
    6 Oreos
    Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Canned Chicken 10 oz
    Cashews 1 oz
    1 Peanut Butter Cliff Bar

Calories: 1720. Protein: 122. Carbs: 150. Fat: 77.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1) Your diet is extremely unhealthy
    2) 2 lb a week weight loss, would make you lose more muscles

squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not sure how you consider that 'decently clean'... I'm no expert in nutrition but that does not look like you are going to get the essential micronutrients you need!
    Bulking now on Ogus' 7/5/3 and would appreciate any feedback / thoughts on my plan!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175285131

NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why are you transitioning to 1 meal a day?

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you want to try, go ahead. I'm a proponent of fasting for some people.

But OMAD.. isn't optimal for MPS (at all). & honestly -> Why would you do that.
    If you are buying into the "omad is magic" mumbo-jumbo, I'm sorry to burst your bubble.
    It's about calories in vs calories out, not about meal timing or certain macro ratios.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

Kevonb124 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Slow progress is progress. That's a good quote man!

Kevonb124 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TWILC View Post
    Hey guys! I'll be doing a blog of me transitioning into eating only 1 meal a day. I've done intermittent fasting before, but with a 6 hour window. But since I haven't only done 1 meal a day, I'll start this week by doing 2 meals a day, then next week move to 1. My diet will be mostly clean, but I'm not going to stress too much; as long as I'm hitting both my macros, and my micros.

I'm starting at 180 (looking chubby as hell) and trying to get down to 164. I'll be trying to hit about 2 lbs of loss per week until I get to 170, then I'll shoot for 1.5 lbs per week. I'm logging everything on myfitnesspal, and will be calories each day, and updated pictures every week. I'll be hitting the gym 4-5 times a week, with the possibility of 1 extra day of light cardio, depending on how I'm feeling.

Let's do this Shiiiiiiit!

Day 1. Woke up at 7:00 AM today, not feeling super motivated, and feeling like a fat ass. I hit the treadmill for 5 minutes as a warm up, and then worked chest and back. I'm healing from a broken collarbone from about 3 months ago, so I wanted to take it easy with the chest.

My nutrition today is decently clean, I'd really like to clean it up, but didn't have much time to prepare. I definitely want to lower the fat intake, but for today, it's fine. I'll list calories below, and then because of how this website is, I'll be posting the before pictures later on tonight.

Meal 1:
    Canned Chicken 10 oz
    6 Oreos
    Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Canned Chicken 10 oz
    Cashews 1 oz
    1 Peanut Butter Cliff Bar

Calories: 1720. Protein: 122. Carbs: 150. Fat: 77.
    I don't think altering your way of eating that quickly is good for you bro. You've been eat three meals a day for probably your whole life and your body has become accustomed to it.

One week, I think, is not a long enough time for your body to adapt without emotional symptoms. Your bodies used to receiving food and certain times of the day and to switch it out immediately, your brains going to be like "what the heck bro?" You may even feel better emotionally and super charged with this new diet, but that's probably just the body sustaining itself by using adrenaline and other survival neurochemicals/hormones. You'll probably hit the target if you really tried, but there is a simple law of physics in play here. What goes up must come down. Afterward, I think, it's likely that you'll see a psychological depression and as a result end up over-eating which itself will again cause emotional issues.

I don't mean to be rude my brother I'm just to save you from a lot of trouble. If you do decide to proceed which I really really would recommend against, at least take your meal around 4 or something like that because if you're planning on consuming anywhere near that number of calories.. That's way too much to be going to bed on.

I'm new to this site, but I've read a bit about fasting from Christian ascetics and monks and anything sudden is going to cause a sudden change in mood.

You are what you eat, but you are also are HOW you eat. If my diet is unstable I will be unstable.

There's nothing wrong with eating one meal a day. It's fantastic and works for some people but if you jump into it suddenly you'll only injure yourself, like jumping up in barbell weight too fast. I understand you know a lot about fasting, and you've probably done it before. But I think you should take it slow and try to do it over a longer course of time like 6 months at least. It sounds like a long time but in the long term you'll actually end up making more progress and not only that your mood will be good and you'll be a happier person.

Cheers brother, good luck with you goals.

Btw you could make even more progress by preparing a ton of pre cooked meals in Tupperware containers and putting them in the fridge/ freezer. Then you'll be able to have healthy balanced meals at the right times without the hassle of constantly cooking. 1/2 the plate vegetables, 1/4 carbs, 1/4 protein, and then I'd say take whatever other protein you need in a bar for a snack or a shake. That's what makes sense to me.

Please go easy on me I'm new :/

TL;DR

•Abandon or at least significantly longer time-frame with smaller meals or snacks in between
    •Weekly Pre-prepared tupperware meal plan
    Last edited by Kevonb124; 07-01-2018 at 04:31 PM.

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kevonb124 View Post
    Slow progress is progress. That's a good quote man!
    Thanks man! I hate to see people run themselves into the ground because they want to get somewhere (too) fast.
    I mean, there's a fine line between discipline/dedication and utter foolishness.

During my time in law school I read this awesome quote; "Festina lente" which roughly translates to "Make haste slowly".
    It's supposed to mean something like; Better be a bit slower but diligent & delivering good work than hurrying and screwing up.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"