Thread: Unequal Tricep

LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unequal Tricep

Hi,

I've noticed that my right tricep feels much firmer and is slightly bigger than my left. I've tried doing some one arm movements / exercises but I never really seem to feel them / enjoy them.

Which one-arm movements would you suggest?
    Is switching to one-arm movements the best solution? If so, do I add additional reps to the one smaller arm, or do I continue to work both arms at the same weight?

Thanks...
    Feb 11th: 82.9kg | Mar 11th: 80.3kg | April 15th: 76.4kg | May 13th: 73.5kg | June 10th: 70.6kg | Sept 10th 70.6kg

gym_monkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For unilateral triceps exercises, I really like doing kick backs because you can really feel your triceps working at full contraction. I've always done equal weights and reps for both arms. I figured if I do it this way, the weaker arm will have the stimulation necessary to grow and get stronger, while the stronger arm kind of plateaus. Not sure if that logic makes sense, or is even correct, but that's how I've always thought of it.

LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah that makes sense and its what I was planning to try but I don't really have m/any unilateral triceps exercises that I like or feel the benefit of. I'll try to work some of these in although I just don't know if I should quit doing any bilateral tricep workout until I feel they're even... :/
    Feb 11th: 82.9kg | Mar 11th: 80.3kg | April 15th: 76.4kg | May 13th: 73.5kg | June 10th: 70.6kg | Sept 10th 70.6kg

I wouldn't stop doing bilateral exercises, but certainly be conscious of whether or not one arm is starting to compensate for the other when performing bilateral exercises. Definitely experiment with different exercises to see what works for you and include more unilateral exercises than bilateral.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    id fix your form on your bb pressing/benching/extentions first!

no ammount of unilateral work is gonna fix it if you keep feeding the imbalance with bad form on your primary lifts.

....or its just asymmetry that we all have.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    id fix your form on your bb pressing/benching/extentions first!

no ammount of unilateral work is gonna fix it if you keep feeding the imbalance with bad form on your primary lifts.

....or its just asymmetry that we all have.
    This is all very true. Good call!