uosbchem is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Plateau problems.

Hey everyone or anyone..no idea who's going to read this.

So I'm keeping myself anon probably can see my name on my profile but nevertheless im a confidence lacking scrub so hey ho.

I'm 20 (getting old) and weight about 74kg so that's about 163lbs? I fluctuate but we all know it's food and not busting a ****.

Been training for about 2 and a half years now and I am fully aware I have terrible genetics in the sense of looking great (terrible muscle insertions, increased fat storage)

So I'm just post up to introduce myself hoping people can come through provide constructive criticism and possibly provide ideas and possible paths to take to further my journey

Currently I've been eating at maintenance (using my fitness pal) And I'm looking ok. Seems like I've been on a slow recomp gaining strength and looking leaner slowly. My diet is ok I tend to hit my macros (higher protein that's carb intake)

I am a uni student, studying biochemistry fingers crossed medicine is the next step.

So anyway I'll post up some pictures of my body and id love for anyone to shoot So m constructive criticism my way.

Some lifts:
    bench 5x5 100kg
    Squat can get 20 reps on 110kg, maxed 5reps on 140kg high bar low bar 160kg x 5 reps
    Deadlift my max was 220kg when I was around 72kg, I had to quit as i damaged my back but I can easily get 170kg up now, haven't really tried deads much but planning to get back into it.

So yeah I hope I don't come across as a dick, rather a naive guy, who knows a bit about biochemistry and wants to progress. Thanks

Ps. Not sure how to add pictures. I read somewhere that I can't so there are two on my profile, I tried to not use any lighting to make it prettier
    Last edited by uosbchem; 04-17-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You look good with good size and balance and ~13% body fat. It's hard to say much from that pic ... looks like you are biceps dominant on your pressing at the expense of your pecs but you need some standard posing pics to get some worthwhile comments ... front double bi, back double bi, front relaxed and include legs
    Lifts are very good for 72kg IMO
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Thanks man, posing pictures. I will give them a shot and re-upload as soon as I can. Most likely after I train later.

I understand it's a terrible picture I just wanted to avoid lighting ect.

Could you elaborate about the bicep dominance? I have a terrible chest muscle belly..the thing just doesn't want to grow makes me look oddly shaped but I'm guessing that because of the way I am flexing

Thanks for the feedback

Just posted up some recent pictures, with the poses you advised I think.. hope that's better, I really hate the look of my front I guess fat loss is the only way.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by uosbchem View Post
    Thanks man, posing pictures. I will give them a shot and re-upload as soon as I can. Most likely after I train later.

I understand it's a terrible picture I just wanted to avoid lighting ect.

Could you elaborate about the bicep dominance? I have a terrible chest muscle belly..the thing just doesn't want to grow makes me look oddly shaped but I'm guessing that because of the way I am flexing

Thanks for the feedback

By 'biceps dominant' I should have said 'triceps dominant', but what I mean by that is that many people turn pressing into a triceps and anterior delt movement rather than focussing on activating the pecs. Lots of vids on-line telling you about how to get the feel of activating your pecs and start to build them
    Your pics show good arm development but very little chest development. From the front I couldn't see your lats but you look to have good lat width and thickness in the BDB. So overall looking good but lacking chest development. I assume the legs are OK if you're squatting 160 x 5
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Thank you, I'll take a look online on how to rwally engage my chest,