Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soaponarope1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Aesthetical View Post
    Here me out.

You are an adult that makes a conscious decision on how to raise kids. You obviously have a good job and have means to support private schooling, tutors, etc.

Now throw all that garbage out the window and look at it from a 7 year old kids perspective who come from a low income home, two working parents, maybe multiple jobs, and ask yourself does the state have a responsibility to provide an education that his/her parents are unable to provide at home or elsewhere.

According to the amount of money that is spent on education, I think the answer is yes.
    No. Life is inherently unfair, and just because you don't get the same chances as someone else doesn't mean the government should step in.

I was born to a 29 year old father who had failed out of college and an 18 year old college freshman mother, whose parents didn't support the relationship and stopped paying her tuition. So, my mom dropped out so she could stay home while my dad worked 3 jobs and re enrolled in school. They saved until they could buy a house in a super ghetto New Jersey neighborhood that had to be completely gutted and redone by him in his 'spare time', meanwhile my mom washed our dishes in the bathtub because there was no kitchen yet.

Now they are in the top 5%, and I do well because of the values this childhood taught me. Anyone, barring severe physical or mental problems, could do that same thing through hard work.

Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SillieBazzillie View Post
    WTF? Don't associate me with that alt right lite virgin.

And I'll answer, on average anybody who wouldn't say they'd rather be born white is lying.
    Rather be born extremely rich, wouldn't care what race I was. Maybe it's racist for you to generalize?

ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AriGhold View Post
    Serious investment at the federal and state levels in primary and secondary education would have a tremendous positive impact on so many different levels. Crime would decrease. Welfare and food stamp spending would decrease. The country would be better prepared for the mass of minimum wage and manual jobs that would be the first to go when we really start to see automation take off. The number of people who are eliminated from the workforce at age 50 because their bodies break down because the only skilled they have learned is digging for coal or working construction would decrease and we would see a decline in disability claims. Then there is the positive impact from companies having a larger pool of highly educated workers to choose from. There are so many positives!

So why has education spending fallen so far behind? Why have tuition and student loan interest rates soared? Is it he fear of higher taxes? That would probably pay for itself? Is it special interest who make money off of the current system? Does the government fear enlistment in the military will see a sharp decline?

I think the positive impact education spending would have is something nearly all Americans value. So why have no real attempts at change occurred?
    How much more money should we throw at the department of education and expect it to fix the problem OP?

scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Common Core

LOL

shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by zinkhan99 View Post
    You are mistaking trade schools for low skilled manual labour. Construction management and construction specializations aren't going anywhere. Power utility technicians, electrical and electronic engineering, conservation, all kinds of engineering for that matter, inspectors (home, hospitals etc), electricians, plumbers, drill operators, industrial mechanics, vehicle operators, solar energy, heavy equipment mechanics, HVAC etc.

These are not entry level jobs.
    LMFAO at telling my daughters don't go to college, I really think you all should be welders, mechanics, drill operators, plumbers, and/or power utility technicians.

LMFAO when my son tells me he wants to go to dental school, and I say Nah, trust me son, plumbing's where it's at.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Asian parents, who arrive in the US, speaking little English and living in crap neighbourhoods, produce children that are doctors, engineers etc. They do this by being huge proponents of "study hard, become doctor".

Many other kids spend all of their time on their xbox, instead of studying.

Educational resources, are more readily available today, than at any point in history. People can teach themselves anything they want, via the browser on their phones.

The question shouldn't be "why doesn't the government value education", but rather "why don't certain demographics value education".

You cannot stop a kid from learning, if they really want to learn and nothing you do can make them learn, if they really don't want to learn.

The responsibility lies firmly with the parents and with the kids themselves.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Give real authority back to teachers and stop hiring 22yr old bimbos who just got done sucking 150 dicks in their last year of college as teachers

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    Ever hear the phrase, "Education starts at home?"
    i agree. most parents treat schools as a free day care service. when their kids get bad grades or have behavior issues, they blame the teachers instead of themselves/their kids. teachers can only do so much, especially due to teacher to student ratios and over-crowdedness. parents need to be accountable for their children and their actions. take away all of the social media, electronics and other distractions so kids can concentrate on their education first
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

"Your one f*ck fantasy" Shortfuze's Avatar
    Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    Asian parents, who arrive in the US, speaking little English and living in crap neighbourhoods, produce children that are doctors, engineers etc. They do this by being huge proponents of "study hard, become doctor".

Many other kids spend all of their time on their xbox, instead of studying.

Educational resources, are more readily available today, than at any point in history. People can teach themselves anything they want, via the browser on their phones.

The question shouldn't be "why doesn't the government value education", but rather "why don't certain demographics value education".

You cannot stop a kid from learning, if they really want to learn and nothing you do can make them learn, if they really don't want to learn.

The responsibility lies firmly with the parents and with the kids themselves.
    x2. It doesn't help when the media glorifies @ssholes with barely middle school grade education. Kids see this and genuinely feel they don't need education to make it in life.
    *Simplicity is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    they say asians are so great in education, you ever worked with one in the real world?

schooling over rated.

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fishnbrah View Post
    they say asians are so great in education, you ever worked with one in the real world?

schooling over rated.
    i have; most had personalities of a door knob but they were engineers and computer scientist; they typically fall into that category anyways.
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000) snarfbot is just really nice. (+1000)
    It doesn't?

IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bezarker View Post
    this plus we can always bring smart people from other countries to do the hard thinking work for us.
    The irony lol

Edit- I’ll add that even those with degrees in great income producing fields doesn’t become wealthy and successful if they aren’t taught the value of a dollar and what it takes to make it in this world. Seems like there’s a pre-approved credit card envelope in the mail for you the instant you turn 18. They need to teach financial literacy as well.
    Last edited by IH8RICE; 04-17-2018 at 05:55 PM.

tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyqb4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    States educate based on what they need. What rural states need the most is for people to stay there and since a good education is the best way out, providing it would be silly.

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Education starts at home.

Your average American, for some reason, doesn't seem to care about that. You look at immigrants however, the ones who were taught back at home to respect their teachers and make education a priority, and their kids tend to do much better. This is why you see East Asians, Indians, Nigerians, etc., coming out on top.

I think it's largely a cultural issue. You can throw as much money as you want into education, but if the parents don't give a fuk, neither will the children. I mean, look at your average American adult: fat, lazy, ignorant. They can't even point out their own state on a map, and ESL students apologize for their "bad" English yet run circles around "native" potato ****ing speakers.

Fuking pathetic. Yes mad. You wan't MAGA? Let's start with education.

(As an aside, having a Toddler-in-Chief speaking word salad isn't inspiring anyone either.)

أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055
    Originally Posted by SillieBazzillie View Post
    WTF? Don't associate me with that alt right lite virgin.

And I'll answer, on average anybody who wouldn't say they'd rather be born white is lying.
    I will associate you with Bernie Sanders, Keith Ellison and Elizabeth warren. You are radical

Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055 Henryaaron2055
    Originally Posted by MakeABanana View Post
    Education starts at home.

Your average American, for some reason, doesn't seem to care about that. You look at immigrants however, the ones who were taught back at home to respect their teachers and make education a priority, and their kids tend to do much better. This is why you see East Asians, Indians, Nigerians, etc., coming out on top.

I think it's largely a cultural issue. You can throw as much money as you want into education, but if the parents don't give a fuk, neither will the children. I mean, look at your average American adult: fat, lazy, ignorant. They can't even point out their own state on a map, and ESL students apologize for their "bad" English yet run circles around "native" potato ****ing speakers.

Fuking pathetic. Yes mad. You wan't MAGA? Let's start with education.

(As an aside, having a Toddler-in-Chief speaking word salad isn't inspiring anyone either.)

Never thought you would.be a partisan hack

BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalkanKing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

100s millions of views, good role models for the youth

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Serious investment at the federal and state levels in primary and secondary education would have a tremendous positive impact on so many different levels. Crime would decrease. Welfare and food stamp spending would decrease. The country would be better prepared for the mass of minimum wage and manual jobs that would be the first to go when we really start to see automation take off. The number of people who are eliminated from the workforce at age 50 because their bodies break down because the only skilled they have learned is digging for coal or working construction would decrease and we would see a decline in disability claims. Then there is the positive impact from companies having a larger pool of highly educated workers to choose from. There are so many positives!

So why has education spending fallen so far behind? Why have tuition and student loan interest rates soared? Is it he fear of higher taxes? That would probably pay for itself? Is it special interest who make money off of the current system? Does the government fear enlistment in the military will see a sharp decline?

I think the positive impact education spending would have is something nearly all Americans value. So why have no real attempts at change occurred?
    well, a lot of money does go to universities....in the form ot $30million dollar projects to renovate a 4 year old track and field and to add an extension to the weightroom to welcome the new freshmen student athletes....meanwhile biology and chemistry labs are still housed in 50 year old buildings, and the students have to use bunsen burners and equipment from the 1970s.

AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cashinout View Post
    Give real authority back to teachers and stop hiring 22yr old bimbos who just got done sucking 150 dicks in their last year of college as teachers
    That would mean opening the checkbook for teachers with experience, something many states have refused to do.

Much cheaper to hire a 22 year old than pay a 50 year old a competitive wage

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Henryaaron2055 View Post
    Never thought you would.be a partisan hack
    I sense sarcasm, but otherwise no substance.

What else would I expect from a red.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by soaponarope1 View Post
    No. Life is inherently unfair, and just because you don't get the same chances as someone else doesn't mean the government should step in.

I was born to a 29 year old father who had failed out of college and an 18 year old college freshman mother, whose parents didn't support the relationship and stopped paying her tuition. So, my mom dropped out so she could stay home while my dad worked 3 jobs and re enrolled in school. They saved until they could buy a house in a super ghetto New Jersey neighborhood that had to be completely gutted and redone by him in his 'spare time', meanwhile my mom washed our dishes in the bathtub because there was no kitchen yet.

Now they are in the top 5%, and I do well because of the values this childhood taught me. Anyone, barring severe physical or mental problems, could do that same thing through hard work.
    The point is looking at the human species objectively for what we are. Even among those who are not impoverished, some percentage of them have a propensity to resort to crime if they perceive the gap between classes to be too great.

Take any of those people and subject them to poverty, and there is a certainty that crime will increase; purely as a result of their innate personalities. Your anecdote is great, and it would be terrific if everyone were like this. But the reality is that humans are flawed.

So you can say what other people should and shouldn't do, but it doesn't erase the reality of what people are. Certain levels of inequality WILL drive crime and violent murder.

You can choose to live in a society of pure freedom (anarchy) and accept the chaos that ensues, or live in a society where we have at least some level of care for our citizens to stop chaos from happening. Countries are just tribes of people, and if we accept that it is the military/police/judicial system's responsibility to take care of them at some level, we have accepted that every citizen is part of our tribe and if they can't take care of themselves, perhaps society should step in.

Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One thing I would be concerned with: if we make college essentially free, wouldn't that just result in more useless degrees floating around? Isn't that already a huge problem? I doubt we need more graduates in gender studies, sociology, liberal arts, etc.

Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Boxman View Post
    One thing I would be concerned with: if we make college essentially free, wouldn't that just result in more useless degrees floating around? Isn't that already a huge problem? I doubt we need more graduates in gender studies, sociology, liberal arts, etc.
    Liberal Arts - 46,925
    Sociology - 30,123
    Gender Studies (Ethnic, cultural minority, gender, and group studies, other)- 696

Of 1.7 million degrees conferred in 2011-2012

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/...t13_318.30.asp

LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    education should not be a federal government issue. It was best when it was by state, MA for example, has always had top tier public education, NCLB and common core literally ass ****ed our systems by forcing the state to comply to the **** curriculum that they created to fit all 50 states and their different scenarios and lifestyles.

the DOE should be removed as one of the alphabet agencies and the money redistributed to the states for the effort. I think it would do much better then, and when a state fails to improve on it's quality of education the citizens of that state can vote on changes that are applicable to them, rather than worry about whatever idiots are appointed by the current reigning party.

Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Because money doesn't have much of a correlation between test results...

When money is thrown at things it always finds a way to be spent, but if that expenditure doesn't help with the goal...
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Austanian View Post
    Because money doesn't have much of a correlation between test results...

When money is thrown at things it always finds a way to be spent, but if that expenditure doesn't help with the goal...
    Don't forget the interesting system of giving schools money based on what they spent the previous year. Which caused some schools in my area to tear down perfectly good buildings and rebuild them just to show they spent their money and next year could get more.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Md, Misc, Old-Brah SillieBazzillie's Avatar
    SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What did Trump say about the uneducated. I can't quite remember...
    Early AM workout crew.
    Holy crap dude, Satan's huge crew.

nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why doesn’t the US value education?
    Useful idiots are useful.
    Eat in a deficit to lose weight.
    Hit your protein and fat minimums to stay healthy and keep your gainz.
    Lift heavy and do HIIT to look and feel awesome.
    Use the internet to learn why you should do these things and how to do these things.

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I laugh at anyone going to college for a teaching degree. LOL at going into 60k debt and making 30k a year. LOL. I know kids out of high school making that after they make shift manager at Jack in the box.

Srs... just end teaching degrees at college as well as the rest of the useless degrees that are meant to put people in debt. We don't need smart teachers whoa are worth paying decent money for.
    I'm not blessed with riches, but I am rich with blessings.
    Thank you, LORD, my God.
    IG: Tuksonrider