iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wedding in 10 weeks and recovering from broken ankle

8 weeks ago I broke my ankle and tore all the ligaments in my ankle. Limited gym time and eating bad.

I'm currently 10 weeks from my wedding and honeymoon in punta cana. I am now partially weight bearing in a walking boot. Still need crutches for about another week.

I'm about 220lbs now. I'm no newbie to cutting but I've always been able to do cardio. I'm now eating 1700 calories a day 210g protein, 60g fat and the rest carbs. Before I broke my ankle in was able to cut at 2100 calories and lose about 10lbs a month because of my physical job and cardio. Hoping to be able to lose 20lbs in the next 10 weeks.

The only cardio I'm able to do is a stationary bike for now but you dont burn many calories from that. I'm also going to start swimming to help strengthen my ankle as well as cardio.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this and get back into shape. My profile pic was at my smallest about 185 a couple years ago.

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Rowing machine? I've got to be honest here, I had a similar injury and my ankle ligaments took a lot longer to heal than the bones. I'm talking a full year before range of motion was 100%. Swimming was extremely painful during that time (not saying don't do it with doc's approval, but you might not be able to get as many laps in as you expect).

You should be able to create the same deficit without cardio, however, if you aren't lifting like you used to you are going to lose muscle, especially on an aggressive cut. I'm sure your bride-to-be loves you just the way you are and that you don't need to be a certain size for the wedding/honeymoon. Don't undo years of work for a day.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 220 you should be able to cut on more than 1700 calories, that's really low for a guy your size, so I would have to call your calorie counting into question. I weigh 212 currently and I'm cutting on 2500 and losing 2+ lbs per week. You should use a food scale and weigh every single thing pre-cooked (unless otherwise stated on the nutrition label) that you eat. Do not using measuring cups or spoons or "estimates", you will be wrong. Also don't forget things like sauces, dressings, condiments, etc. which can all be super high in calories.

The recommended minimum is also 0.4g of fats per lb, so you're a little low there. You might want to raise them a bit and lower the carbs.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iwelch001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys. I cut my calories because of going from working out 5 days a week and having a very active job, to being in the house most of the day on the couch. Obviously now that I can put weight on it and drive I'm more active. I am still in the gym 4 to 5 times a week lifting heavy. I've actually increased my bench since I broke my ankle.

I use a food scale and app to record calories.