BlueLilac18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just diagnosed with pcos - need hope!

Anyone here with pcos? I was just diagnosed after years of suffering strange symptoms and being dismissed by multiple doctors. I used to be very active and fit, but as my moods started changing a few years ago I developed intense depression and stopped exercising. I started losing my hair, growing hair in places I shouldn’t be, gained about 30 lbs that I struggled to get off (finally got down to 115), lost my sex drive, oily skin, etc.

My body used to look good and when I was still thin and fit, I noticed a change happening to my body composition years before finally being diagnosed with pcos. I became skinny fat, I know a large part of it was due to stopping exercising but I’m just starting to pick up weight training again with a personal trainer but am terrified I am stuck with a flabby, fatty, jiggly body. Anyone with pcos correct their skinny fat body?

I just was told I was insulin resistant two days ago. The way I understand it is that my cells refuse the insulin and do not take in glucose, so everything I eat gets stored as fat and that’s why I feel fatigued and weak all the time. How do I reverse this? Am I doomed? I don’t over-eat, I know many pcos women end up in that cycle but I just power through my false hunger pains, which I believe is why I’m considered “lean pcos”. I eat a low carb/low GI diet. I am supposed to start birth control (ortho cyclen) tonight, two weeks from now I’ll start Spironolactone to hopefully fix my hair loss/growth, and probably metformin to help my IR.

Anyone with pcos here been able to get their body back? Once you built muscle back, did your pcos symptoms improve? Mine are seriously making me borderline suicidal. If I have to end up in a wig due to adrogenetic alopecia, I better be able to get my body back. 😭

Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Weight training can improve insulin sensitivity. Paired with the meds, it should improve things for you. Working out will help a lot, but I think losing and not gaining fat will always be very hard. Get on a good lifting program with cardio, and eat lots of fiber and protein.
    “Fight one more round. When your feet are so tired that you have to shuffle back to the centre of the ring, fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped.”

― James Corbett