Closed Thread
    smashinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should i cut? Or not?

Hi guys, have recently started on a proper workoutprogram, which is Candito's Linear Program for beginners. Its like a upper/lower, with progression every week.

Anyways, am bit unsure if i should keep going for a cut/eat at maintance or bulk? I have a bit high bf, but thats due to my lack of muscle, have very, very little, so i then look fatter then i really are. Have tried to cut down to 175 lbs before, but the body was the same, just a smaller version. Am 187 cm and 85 kg atm. My TDEE is 2600 at some caloriecalculators, 3000 on others.

Thoughts? What would u do? Appreciate it.
    Attached Images

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly, I'd say forget bulk and cut and just start lifting and eating better. Reevaluate when you have a better body composition.

Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    Honestly, I'd say forget bulk and cut and just start lifting and eating better. Reevaluate when you have a better body composition.
    Yeah, but there's the problem. How much to eat? I cant eat to little either, wont be able to gain any noticeable gains.

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by smashinho View Post
    Yeah, but there's the problem. How much to eat? I cant eat to little either, wont be able to gain any noticeable gains.
    As a newbie, you're gonna gain no matter what you do. Just eat healthy meals and find a good program in the stickies. Worry about tweaking things when you have something to tweak.

Newbie? I have lifted since january.

But I see ur point.

muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muskiesfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

But I see ur point.
    Beginners/Noobs are generally considered 0-1 year of experience, sometimes 2.

Originally Posted by muskiesfan View Post
    Beginners/Noobs are generally considered 0-1 year of experience, sometimes 2.
    Ye of course, but i use the MyFitnessPal, and log everything i eat, to be sure that i get the right amounts of protein. But still unsure if i should bulk.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ye of course, but i use the MyFitnessPal, and log everything i eat, to be sure that i get the right amounts of protein. But still unsure if i should bulk.
    Eat at maintenance and lift, for at least a year.
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

The truth about "Recomping"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aErqkCgDuE

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Eat at maintenance and lift, for at least a year.
    But would it be a good idea to eat at maintance when having a bf around 24-25?

Isnt deficit and lifting then a better option?

Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) Etherlife will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would go for a deficit of around 500 cal and lifting hard, you are still quite overweight to go on a bulk. When you reach around 15% bf maybe its time to reconsider again.

Eth.
    ... I just regret not doing this before ...

Originally Posted by Etherlife View Post
    I would go for a deficit of around 500 cal and lifting hard, you are still quite overweight to go on a bulk. When you reach around 15% bf maybe its time to reconsider again.

Eth.
    If i do so, would i be able to add any musclemass? 500 kcals deficit is quite big.

chriss1337 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If i do so, would i be able to add any musclemass? 500 kcals deficit is quite big.
    you might add muscle if you're still in the newbie phase! 250-500 kcals are ideal.

Originally Posted by chriss1337 View Post
    you might add muscle if you're still in the newbie phase! 250-500 kcals are ideal.
    Would u do that in my case? Or should I eat at maintance, which would be 2600 kcals?

jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you need to just eat and work out for now. No amount a fancy dieting is going to do you any good until you have at least 2 to 5 years of training. And I'm not advocating that you not to pay attention to your eating habits, but you are wasting energy in the wrong places until you have a base of muscle to work with.
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**
    -- 2018 A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX - Rio Pearl Yellow**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**2018 BMW X5M - Long Beach Blue**

sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jlsnyderTypeR View Post
    OP, you need to just eat and work out for now. No amount a fancy dieting is going to do you any good until you have at least 2 to 5 years of training. And I'm not advocating that you not to pay attention to your eating habits, but you are wasting energy in the wrong places until you have a base of muscle to work with.
    ^^^This

You are dancing around the subject OP - you are looking for a magic bullet diet that will solve all your problems, but it doesn't exist. Time is what you need - to learn to train and eat properly. 3 months = newb, which is not a bad thing, we were all newbs at one point.

As has been suggested, if you're looking for concrete advice, I would agree to go with a small deficit and lift hard, this will hopefully result in some strength gains (newb) and loss of body fat. The only piece of advice I would concretely give is to NOT bulk (eating a surplus) as you are not ready for that yet.

Originally Posted by jlsnyderTypeR View Post
    Ye, but I like to log what i eat on the myfitnesspal.

But i will try going for 2600 kcals.

Is it true that its no point cutting down, when u have nothing underneath ur body? If i cut down some lbs now, i will still be skinny, and have a high bf as ****.

Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    ^^^This

You are dancing around the subject OP - you are looking for a magic bullet diet that will solve all your problems, but it doesn't exist. Time is what you need - to learn to train and eat properly. 3 months = newb, which is not a bad thing, we were all newbs at one point.

As has been suggested, if you're looking for concrete advice, I would agree to go with a small deficit and lift hard, this will hopefully result in some strength gains (newb) and loss of body fat. The only piece of advice I would concretely give is to NOT bulk (eating a surplus) as you are not ready for that yet.
    Why am i not ready for a bulk? Because of my bf?

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why am i not ready for a bulk? Because of my bf?
    Dude, bulking will result in more fat. You can gain muscle without the bulk. Do That.

[/thread]

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Dude, bulking will result in more fat. You can gain muscle without the bulk. Do That.

[/thread]
    What about maintance then?

Cut is good for loosing pounds, but will i be able to add any musclmass to? If i go for a cut, it will be a 500 kcal deficit, which is quite big.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What about maintance then?

Cut is good for loosing pounds, but will i be able to add any musclmass to? If i go for a cut, it will be a 500 kcal deficit, which is quite big.
    You could gain muscle at a slight deficit. I personally, wouldn't go more than 300 calories a day, though. Or eat at your maintenance level. Your call.

What do you bench, squat, and dead lift?

eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You always have to bulk if you don't have any muscle brah
    OG FA crew
    Drive 2016 Mustang and nobody wants to ride in it crew
    Celibate crew
    Metal crew
    Autism crew
    Good Looking crew
    Feels are heavier than the weights i lift crew
    INTJ crew

Originally Posted by eod8989 View Post
    You always have to bulk if you don't have any muscle brah
    Ye, but in my case i have a bit high bf, but also very little muscle. A combination of these two.

Would u bulk? And then cut maybe?

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    You could gain muscle at a slight deficit. I personally, wouldn't go more than 300 calories a day, though. Or eat at your maintenance level. Your call.

What do you bench, squat, and dead lift?
    Ye, but if i gain muscle, what about my bodyfatpercentage then, will it go up?

My bench is 132 lbs
    Squat is 143 lbs
    Deadlift is 153 lbs ish.

Ye, but if i gain muscle, what about my bodyfatpercentage then, will it go up?

My bench is 132 lbs
    Squat is 143 lbs
    Deadlift is 153 lbs ish.
    Gaining muscle while maintaining/lowering fat means lower bf%. The main idea in this thread is that at your level, you do NOT need excess calories to build muscle. At your level, you will still gain muscle even in a deficit. Take this time to get stronger, meet your protein requirements, and lose fat. This will be the only time losing fat and gaining muscle will be easy.

After you gain more experience, you can do bulks/cuts, but right now, you're putting the cart before the horse.

Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    Gaining muscle while maintaining/lowering fat means lower bf%. The main idea in this thread is that at your level, you do NOT need excess calories to build muscle. At your level, you will still gain muscle even in a deficit. Take this time to get stronger, meet your protein requirements, and lose fat. This will be the only time losing fat and gaining muscle will be easy.

After you gain more experience, you can do bulks/cuts, but right now, you're putting the cart before the horse.
    "Lean bulk. Cutting is the worst thing you can do. Skinny fat is a lack of muscle AND an excess of fat/ You can't spot reduce fat so you'll remain skinny fat with lagging arms, shoulders and legs if you try to cut. Lean bulk".

This is the answer I got from a guy, when i asked in a another forum. For me, it makes sense. At my very liitle musclemass, what should I cut down to?

OK. You're just wasting our time now. Good luck in your future body shaping endeavors.

d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh oh! Can I talk to the wall too?

OP, eat in a 300 cal deficit and lift hard.

I know you won't listen but I had to join in on the fun.
    -dennis
    my "GYM IN A SHED" build thread
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175140521

Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100)

But I see ur point.
    4 months of lifting is N o T h I n G.

Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100) Swaggarius is not very well liked. (-100)
    "Lean bulk. Cutting is the worst thing you can do. Skinny fat is a lack of muscle AND an excess of fat/ You can't spot reduce fat so you'll remain skinny fat with lagging arms, shoulders and legs if you try to cut. Lean bulk".

This is the answer I got from a guy, when i asked in a another forum. For me, it makes sense. At my very liitle musclemass, what should I cut down to?
    Go ahead and cut, you will look great being seriously underweight but at least we will see your abs, that's what counts no?