Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000) meloncap78 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Building my first home gym

After belonging to my local gym for almost 5 years it’s time to build my own gym. I did some research and picked up a Body solid GPR370 rack, a Powerblock adjustable bench, a Rogue Echo bar and 350LBS of run of the mill steel plates. I already have a set of adjustable dumbbells. I feel like I should t really need anything else. Just looking for anyone with experience on my choice of equipment.
    Keep going....

Big 3
    Bench - 265
    Squat - 300
    Dead - 455 Raw https://youtu.be/nzbaU8_XGtA

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I made the switch myself last spring and I enjoy my time in the garage....even in winter.

You dont have to spend a lot of money to get set up, If you are frugal like me, some things you can make yourself;

Stall mat/plywood lifting platform

PVC 1" pipe 7' for warmup up and stretching

DIY "3 side" plyobox, there are all sorts of plans out there, you can also make different sizes for a range of exercises

Some DIY parallels for dips made with CPVC pipe, again lots of plans on the internet,

Stuff you can purchase:

Various thickness/lengths bands for warming up, stretching and doing stuff like face pulls, these are cheap.

A quality adjustable bench (you probably have this already)

Pull up bar hung on a wall

If you can find a place to use it; Spud econo cable system, its cheap

If your into conditioning the best bang for your buck is simply a quality custom skipping rope, I recommend RX Smart gear

Just my $0.02

Have fun!
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by meloncap78 View Post
    I feel like I should t really need anything else.
    Bwahahahahaha!!

Let me tell you a secret about a home gym...every time you get something new you think you couldn't possibly need anything else...then you see something else, and the desire consumes you until you get it! Your now doomed...but it's a fun way to go.

I think the stuff you got is good. IMHO, the thing about a home gym is...

#1: Don't buy junk just to have more stuff. It's better to do without than to waste money on substandard equipment you won't use, can get you hurt, or you eventually have to replace with something better. Just invest in decent quality out the gate, it'll last a lifetime and has great resale value.

#2: Always focus on getting the most bang for your buck. Lots of cool stuff out there, but you might want to reconsider taking up floor space with a big machine you can only do one isolation excercise on...unless you have a ton of room or are independently wealthy.

Let's see pics when your ready...and welcome to the never ending hobby that is the home gym...the first thing that will drive you nuts are the adjustable dumbells (unless they are Powerblocks).

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think that’s the rack I have, it’s decent. I have all Bodysolid stuff because their corporate HQ and main warehouse is just a few miles from me. Don’t get the dip station for that rack it’s a pain to put on and take off. You can order an extra set of J hooks which is nice to have. I bought a separate VKR for pull-ups and dips as well as gymnastic rings for the same. A Landmine apparatus that attaches to the base of the rack is nice. The pin loaded high low cable pulley that attaches to that rack is also nice but the options for something to hold your legs down for lat pulldowns is not there you can hook your feet to the lower bars of th3 Low cable pulley. A trap bar is nice to have imo.

For the things you want to add watch craigslist. I rarely use my home gym but my wife uses it. I’ll get some sessions in out there on and off during the warmer weather.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I have all Bodysolid stuff because their corporate HQ and main warehouse is just a few miles from me.
    And even if they aren't close, email the fitness factory, mention Bodybuilding.com and how other members have said they got great deals from you...they are very generous with thier discounts to BB.com members.

The majority of my gym is Body-solid as well. Love it.

[Woo-hoo...post #2,000]

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats, and welcome to the club. I can vouch for the quality of Body Solid equipment too. I've had the stuff for about 8 years now and it has all held up well. One other machine I get a lot of use out of is the Pro Lat Machine. This opens up a ton of exercises with the high and low pulleys and doesn't take up much space.

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Bwahahahahaha!!

Let me tell you a secret about a home gym...every time you get something new you think you couldn't possibly need anything else...then you see something else, and the desire consumes you until you get it! Your now doomed...but it's a fun way to go.
    LOL, so true. Really good feedback all around from grubman here. In a few weeks I am swapping out this chin/dip assist machine for a functional trainer. I originally figured I needed a chin/dip setup and got something the whole family could use but there are plenty of other ways to get assistance on pull-ups than to have such a large, dedicated piece of equipment for it.

Let's see pics when your ready...and welcome to the never ending hobby that is the home gym...the first thing that will drive you nuts are the adjustable dumbells (unless they are Powerblocks).
    Still have my Ironmaster adjustables and after 8 years wouldn't do it any other way.

Originally Posted by ectoBgone View Post
    Still have my Ironmaster adjustables and after 8 years wouldn't do it any other way.
    Yeah, those are cool too. I'm assuming he has "normal" dumbell handles that you slide plates onto...I could be wrong.

I had olympic plate ones in the beginning, and the length and bulk made them very awkward to use...plus changing the plates on the floor is just annoying. Those standard plate ones with the screw on collars are just as bad.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And even if they aren't close, email the fitness factory, mention Bodybuilding.com and how other members have said they got great deals from you...they are very generous with thier discounts to BB.com members.

The majority of my gym is Body-solid as well. Love it.

[Woo-hoo...post #2,000]
    Yea there must be a hell of a markup. I bought most of my big stuff in one big purchase and negotiated about $4000 off retail. A lot of my other stuff I’d buy in their scratch and dent area. I got 400lbs of bumper plates for .89 per lb, have doubles of kettle bells 5 to 80 in 5lb increments and singles up to 100 most for about .50/lb (and a bottle of touch up paint). They really stand behind their stuff too. I bought another BS FID bench at a yardale for $30 that needed a new wheel and insert for the attachment point they hooked me up for free and I flipped for $150. I like their stuff along with the powerblocks. I had the iron masters too, I prefer PB for the faster easier weight changes, IM for the real DB feel.

have doubles of kettle bells 5 to 80 in 5lb increments and singles up to 100
    I have the GFID71 bench. I like it enough (and got it for a song on Craigslist), but I really wish I had the other FID bench (with the single leg in the front). The reason I'm not totally fond of it is the height is designed so you have to put your feet on the U shaped foot at the front for presses. I rather be able to put my feet on the floor at my own width. I keep thinking of getting the other one, but it's hard to drop money on something I really don't need.

What do you use the Kettle Bells for? I was just thinking about getting 1 or 2 for those swings between the legs. I've been doing them (awkwardly) with a small plate as part of my warm-up and it seems to be a descent dynamic stretch for the hamstrings...but I can't tell if it's a muscle builder, or just sort of a stretch and condition type exercise?

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ... What do you use the Kettle Bells for? I was just thinking about getting 1 or 2 for those swings between the legs. I've been doing them (awkwardly) with a small plate as part of my warm-up and it seems to be a descent dynamic stretch for the hamstrings...but I can't tell if it's a muscle builder, or just sort of a stretch and condition type exercise?
    I can't think of a more hellish cardio workout than swinging kettlebells. For dynamic explosive strength gains, though, like everything else, progressive overload is king. That's where loadable handles shine. These are the ones that I have, but there's lots of different kinds. https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/J11QMO30...e-kbadjhc.html

120 LBders:

tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats on joining the home gym crew. Like they said, you’re doomed.

I feel like I should t really need anything else.

This is probably strictly true, but give it time.

Even if you don’t branch out you’ll want to buy different versions of your core gear.

I swore to myself: bar, bench, rack, weights, adjustable dumbbells... that’s it... and even so I have two benches and three bars so far, am looking at an axle bar and thinking about a new rack.

...and the rower for cardio and then the wife wanted a treadmill....

...then I needed the cool gun rack bar holders...

...then the freestanding punching bag...

...now I want a heavy bag...

I think of myself as a disciplined and focused person, and even I can’t stop the bloat.

What do you use the Kettle Bells for? I was just thinking about getting 1 or 2 for those swings between the legs.

Try Turkish get ups. Kettle bells to me are more of a crossfitty-type thing.. but you can also use them in place of dumbbells. The idea is that they’re off balance so they force you to work harder to stabilize them.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 04-14-2018 at 10:43 AM.

I have the GFID71 bench. I like it enough (and got it for a song on Craigslist), but I really wish I had the other FID bench (with the single leg in the front). The reason I'm not totally fond of it is the height is designed so you have to put your feet on the U shaped foot at the front for presses. I rather be able to put my feet on the floor at my own width. I keep thinking of getting the other one, but it's hard to drop money on something I really don't need.

What do you use the Kettle Bells for? I was just thinking about getting 1 or 2 for those swings between the legs. I've been doing them (awkwardly) with a small plate as part of my warm-up and it seems to be a descent dynamic stretch for the hamstrings...but I can't tell if it's a muscle builder, or just sort of a stretch and condition type exercise?
    I have same for FID then a separate regular flat bench and the shoulder press chair with a back thing. I don’t use the kettle bells or anything else out there for anything . They are good for swings, conditioning and can be used for about everything a DB can. Great for shoulder presses, laterals, curls, Turkish get ups etc, I went to a KB clinic at fitness factory and you can do a lot with them, but meh, I kind of regret buying them for the space that rack takes up and actually thought about selling them (for profit hopefully). But I’ll probably keep them wife uses them when she trains out there. She might have a hernia, has a tender bump sticking out of her upper ab, (her dad has had two so maybe genetic weak gut holder inners idk) getting checked next week, so she might be using the KBs and cables more and less barbell for awhile depending on how that turns out.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You've got the basics and can do quite a bit with those items you have.
    I agree dip bars and a pulp bar(if your rack doesn't have one)are a good addition.
    I've had a garage gym for the past 18 years and love it.
    Mine has morphed into quite a menagerie of equipment from over the years and is as good as if not better than many commercial gyms out there.
    Good luck with yours!

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Kettle bells to me are more of a crossfitty-type thing..
    Sounds like you've either never swung a kettlebell or at least, never swung a heavy kettlebell properly, that is, explosively. It's an immensely powerful movement.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Setting up my gym again. Just laid floor. Mirrors on order

Also just found a killer deal on an commercial incline traier which I am picking up next week. I have a concept II but have not put it in the gym yet....hence my broken toe from running into it the other day when my wife pulled it into the middle of our bedroom!

Probably wont get a lot of use for now, since I will still workout at the gym I joined near my daughters dance studio. (it works for now...) But excited to have a nice set up.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Setting up my gym again. Just laid floor. Mirrors on order
    What happened that required it to be re-done? Setup is looking sweet.

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ectoBgone View Post
    What happened that required it to be re-done? Setup is looking sweet.
    I have had most of my stuff for years, but been in storage while home was being built. Finally got the space to set it up again.
    RAW lifts

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ad that is some space!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    damn @induced_drag you could charge admission!!

Got my treadmill today! My old gym had a few of these and I always loved them. It weighs 750+ lbs!!!

I took the arms and console off (which weigh about 200) The base was able to JUST fit through a 3-0 door. (but had to take door off hinges and remove).

I put it on a pallet and drove it right up to the door with a skid steer. It has little wheels on one end and I was able to lift and wheelbarrow it through the opening. (rubbed both side just a touch!) That b!tch was freaking heavy!!!!

I am psyched....this thing is a beast and rock solid. It goes up to 30% incline. I like the steep incline as I can get a good workout without running. I normally do about 14-15% and 2.6-2.7mph. Just a nice walking pace. This gets my heart rate up in the 150s and I stay there for 45 min-an hour.

Between this and the rower, I will have a nice set-up. Need to get a tv to mount to wall now It is fun getting this set up. Will be nice to share with the kids.

RAW lifts

Sweet setup ID, walkout basement would be awesome, nice having some sunlight. Incline treadmill has been my cardio of choice. I go about 4mph up to about 8-10% incline. I find it has almost zero impact on recovery for me, once or twice per week I’ll add in some 1 minute sprints every 5 min on the minute then go back to incline walking for 4 min and repeat. That makes the time seem to go by really fast. Building my gym was more fun than using it is . I get easily sidetracked in the garage since it’s like my “toy box” and I end up messing with other stuff between sets.

Sweet setup ID, walkout basement would be awesome, nice having some sunlight. Incline treadmill has been my cardio of choice. I go about 4mph up to about 8-10% incline. I find it has almost zero impact on recovery for me, once or twice per week I’ll add in some 1 minute sprints every 5 min on the minute then go back to incline walking for 4 min and repeat. That makes the time seem to go by really fast. Building my gym was more fun than using it is . I get easily sidetracked in the garage since it’s like my “toy box” and I end up messing with other stuff between sets.
    Yep....I hate cardio. But I have grown to hate incline walking the least. I have a concept II which is great, but it is not as easy for me to just 'zone out' and let time pass. I also find it wears me out a little more than I would like whereas walking does not leave me feeling run down after. It allows me to get well-needed cardio in and not detract from my workouts.

I never thought I would get a machine like this for home, but I got a score on ebay. With local pickup as an option it made it a no-brainer. (freight is 600+ alone for an assembled unit on a pallet). I won this for under $300. Considering the used market is around $2500 for one, I did pretty good. That said, it probably wont get much use for now. I am still working out at a big gym as it fits with my schedule better. But the option to grab a workout or two at home will be awesome!
    RAW lifts

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep....I hate cardio. But I have grown to hate incline walking the least. I have a concept II which is great, but it is not as easy for me to just 'zone out' and let time pass. I also find it wears me out a little more than I would like whereas walking does not leave me feeling run down after. It allows me to get well-needed cardio in and not detract from my workouts.
    I have a love hate relationship with our C2

What makes it tolerable for me is to do mixed variable intervals..like pyramids. Usually 100m then 200, 300 and so on up to 500 and back down to 100 with 50 to 65 second rests between intervals. It also helps to have my best music playlists lined up for these workouts.

I never thought I would get a machine like this for home, but I got a score on ebay. With local pickup as an option it made it a no-brainer. (freight is 600+ alone for an assembled unit on a pallet). I won this for under $300. Considering the used market is around $2500 for one, I did pretty good. That said, it probably wont get much use for now. I am still working out at a big gym as it fits with my schedule better. But the option to grab a workout or two at home will be awesome!
    That's a steal, I'd probably flip it for a profit if your not going to use it much. Could end up with a much cheaper unit for walking and probably $1000 or more in profit. Figured you bought it to replace the C2 after stubbing your toe, I would have smashed that toe breaker . I have a heavy bag on an electric winch and an Airdyne for the garage gym I picked up cheap, its not bad for steady state or intervals either, but it doesn't get much use. I bought two and sold one for a profit and kept the nicer one...

But I have grown to hate incline walking the least. I also find it wears me out a little more than I would like whereas walking does not leave me feeling run down after. It allows me to get well-needed cardio in and not detract from my workouts.
    Meet me on the street at about 7:30, five days a week...I've got a...um...workout I'll LET you do, and I won't even charge you for the cardio.

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha, I second the opinion that once you get started, you've created a monster. I have all kinds of various apparatus in my gym, but luckily I use most of them from time to time.
    And I REALLY enjoy my trap bar, that was a great investment.
    And ID, a TV mount on my wall was something myself (and my wife) are glad we did. It does help pass the time. Although my gym is 'not quite' as nice as yours, haha.

--I don't want to derail, but any suggestions on a good treadmill in the 1k range? I think my old one I got at Dick's years ago may be dying, but around 1k is all I'd want to spend, if at all possible. I do research this type of thing before buying, but I know ya'll have experience on this stuff of course.
    Hebrews 12: 1,2
    https://peacewithgod.net

Basic Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    Haha, I second the opinion that once you get started, you've created a monster. I have all kinds of various apparatus in my gym, but luckily I use most of them from time to time.
    And I REALLY enjoy my trap bar, that was a great investment.
    And ID, a TV mount on my wall was something myself (and my wife) are glad we did. It does help pass the time. Although my gym is 'not quite' as nice as yours, haha.

--I don't want to derail, but any suggestions on a good treadmill in the 1k range? I think my old one I got at Dick's years ago may be dying, but around 1k is all I'd want to spend, if at all possible. I do research this type of thing before buying, but I know ya'll have experience on this stuff of course.
    Trap Bar is an AWESOME piece of equipment. I really miss using mine lifting at the gym that doesn't have one. That is a perfect mid volume tool IMO a nice hybrid of a DL and squat. Is even better if you can stand on a block to get a little deeper from the start position, seems to really get my legs fully engaged.

Buy a High quality used one and be miles ahead of a new mid range unit. Many a housewife (and I'm sure lots of guys too) have dropped thousands on a really nice Pre-core or other "Commercial Grade" treadmill and finally get sick of staring at it and hanging clothes on it and decide to sell it for pennies on the dollar out of spite and disappointment. Let them eat the cost and end up with a well made machine for $400-800 instead of buying a mid range that will probably lack a HD continuous HP motor and heavy duty components. You will be much better off. Just keep watching CL etc and be ready to jump when the right deal comes up....

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    --I don't want to derail, but any suggestions on a good treadmill in the 1k range?
    Treadmills, due to their very nature and construction, take a heck of a beating due to the constant motion and continuous impact force they must absorb. I can't think of even one 'consumer-grade' (i.e., sold in sporting goods or big-box discount stores) unit I'd recommend. Most won't hold up to use on a consistent, regular basis, and when they break, even if you can do the repair(s) yourself, parts for these Chinese units are near-impossible to find, or ridiculously expensive.

My best advice is to either get something other than a treadmill, or, for more $$$, find a used or refurbed commercial treadmill (such as Cybex). Several posters in the 'eq' forum have gone that route, and those things are bulletproof.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Meet me on the street at about 7:30, five days a week...I've got a...um...workout I'll LET you do, and I won't even charge you for the cardio.

Hey no fair!