Closed Thread
    mistermanguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Jacked up Elbow (Suggestions?)

Hi I am a first time user attempting to get advice on this forum. THought I’d post here at the age of 35 knowing that most of us aren’t bulletproof anymore.

Here’s my deal: since junior high I could never fully supinate my right hand. Only hammer curls until college I started to force a supinated grip even though it looked a bit funny it helped build my biceps and never bothered me too bad.

Fast forward to the age of 35 and after quitting lifting for 4 years I got back into it. After a month of noticing unusual soreness in the top of my right forearm near the elbow I realized that my am had become “cocked” and wouldn’t fully extend. At the time I was doing tons of pull-ups and light ring work (nothing serious or professional) After seeing 2 physical therapist who suggested stretching it loose and not working I dropped the weights for 3 months and things got back to pretty much normal. I started again last month noticed light soreness but took out all pull ups, lat pull downs, and ring work. After working out today I noticed that the soreness was a little more extreme and the elbow is cocked again. There is definitely some fluid build up as well.

Another note I did do some inverted trap work on the rings yesterday thinking I’d be ok and now this.

Any suggestions welcomed - I don’t think it’s dislocated even though when I google dislocated elbow it looks like some of the pictures , has anyone seen anything like this before?

I’m also 35 not 48 years old
    Attached Images

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    See a doctor.