Monica777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Best carb-cycling schedule for midday training sessions, for fat loss & muscle gain

Hello,

I'm currently training 4 days a week with 2 days of strength training for lower body (Mon, Th), 2 days for upper body (Tue, Sat), abs here and there and 1 HIIT session (Sat after weight training). I'm also practicing a "light" intermittent fasting (eating 11am-7pm) with an idea to increase fasting period. I'm exercising around 1pm-3pm.

So, my question is - what are your thoughts on carb-cycling for this kind of schedule? My goal is to both reduce body fat and gain more muscle (if that is possible). I try to get more healthy carbs before each training session with my first meal at 11am and have a fruit just before exercise. However, I still sometimes feel like not having much energy... Do you think it would be beneficial to have higher carb intake a day before exercise since I'm exercising in a midday? Should I go low-carb after my training or should I keep the carb intake higher both before and after training? Or maybe I should just go moderate-carb every day?

I'm a bit confused. I guess it would be easier with workouts in the evening when you can eat high-carb during training day and low-carb on rest days.

It would be great to have enough energy for the workouts but also lose fat.

Thanks in advance.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't like it. Why do you want to make simple things harder?