FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face From Deployment to the Stage-15 weeks out

Aloha! I am currently deployed on the USS MICHAEL MURPHY stationed in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii and have decided to the 2018 IFBB Ikaika Classic for Classic Physique. I have not stepped on stage since 2015 due to the pace of the military and injury in 2016 but I have time now and very excited. I am out to sea but I wanted to start this now to show my progress and a mini log of the struggle for fitness addicts underway like me lol. when I hit land in April I will be 12 weeks out. I weigh 185 with a 32" waist. *progress pics will be posted when I am inport* The regimen is from my last show which I will stick with until 12 weeks out and link up with my coach.

Before I go into it I'll tell a bit about myself

I am half Irish and half Filipino born in the Philippines. I moved to Jacksonville when I was 6 and couldn't speak a lick of English and had to try really hard younger learning the language and education I helped on the farm and never went to school accept some home schooling back in the islands. I played many sports mainly baseball up into college where I had the great blessing to play for the University of North Florida. After that year is where I hit a slope... I was partying way too much and took everything I earned for granted. I eventually lost my scholarship due to grades and owed back ALOT of money. So I was working three jobs and it got to the breaking point to being homeless and sleeping from couch to couch me being too prideful to ask my parents for help. working 70 plus hours until my father *retired master chief* recommended enlisting in the United States Navy. I was out of shape worst I have ever looked especially for an ex college athlete. My recruiter recommended Bodybuilding.com and the day I joined *Sep 2012* is when I signed a contract to go to bootcamp June 2013. since then I caught the gym bug and have embraced the hustle and I know everything I work for and I do I earn. I'm now a Second Class Petty Officer living in Hawaii with my amazing Fiancé. The reason why I compete is you can't b.s the stage and the prep. whenever things get tough I think about me struggling at the bottom of society trying to climb back up. I never want to be there ever again, and as long as I can move I will never go complacent again. Lets Work!

Okay pow wow over here is my current regimen

Day 1: 220g Protein, 200g Carbs, 50g fats
    Day 2: 220g Protein, 150g Carbs, 50g fats
    Day 3: 220g Protein, 100g Carbs, 50g fats

Water Intake- 1 1/2 Gallon

I will be sticking with this until 12 weeks out with my coach and we can adjust and tweak from there.

Sups: Whey Iso
    Post JYM Dextrose
    Carntine Liquid- 1500mg
    Core ABC's, 5% All day you may
    Citrulline
    Vasoburn- 2 pumps before workout
    Barleans Greens
    Core Alpha

As I get closer ill probably use a fat burner depends on coach if needed.

Cardio: 30 minutes post workout 6 days a week. "Skipped on leg day"

Any help or tips or even discussion will be appreciated and keep me motivated while out to sea. I will try to my best to check in and post day by day!
    Last edited by FlightDistance; 03-29-2018 at 04:32 AM.

FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlightDistance will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thursday Workout Back and Bi's

Straight Arm Pull-Downs

2 Warm up sets 15-20
    2 Working sets 8-12

Reverse grip barbell rows "Dorians'

2 warm up sets 135lbs for 12

1 working set 185 for 15
    1 working set 225 for 10 *5 partials*

Barbell Deadlifts

2 warm up sets 225 for 10
    1 working set 315 for 8
    1 working set 355 for 8

Incline Dumbbell Rows

3 working sets 50lbs dumbbells for 10-15

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns

7 sets of 160lbs for 12-15 *45 second rest*

Dumbbell Curls

1 warm up set 25 lbs dumbbell- 12 each arm

3 working sets 30 Lbs dumbbell- 10-12 each arm

Hammer rope curls-

3 sets of 10-15

Reverse E-z Bar Curls

3 sets of 20-25

30 minutes of Low intensity bike
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Thoughts: Today was a low carb day and came to the gym surprisingly pumped up. started off really strong and the ship was not rocking that much which gave me a chance to do some deadlifts. I was able to control my adrenaline after my 315 set and kept my ego at bay and opting for the 355 for reps instead of a 1rm. Deadlifts are my staple for my density in my back. I do back twice a week and today was more heavy weight which any bro enjoys. My biceps were already pumped up and I rolled right into curling focused on my contractions. I threw in acouple of high leg raises and acouple of muscle ups for fun. doing some of those things remind me why I love fitness because of so many variables. after though was really rough my cardio is so out of shape! But 15 weeks out I should look at this as a good thing so when I get closer I won't have to spike my cardio to the extreme.

Saturday: Legs & Abs

Leg Extensions- 2 warm up sets of 15
    3 working sets 8-12 *5 partials last set*

Back Squats- 2 Warm up sets of 12
    3 working sets 8-12

Deficit Straight Leg Deadlifts- 4 Sets 8-12

Leg curls- 4 working sets of 12-15

Tri Set- Leg Extensions, bodyweight lunges, Calf raises

7 sets of 15-20 *10 lunges for each leg*

Tri Set-

4 Sets

Ab Wheel- 12-15
    Leg Raises-12-15
    Cable chops-15 each side

30 minutes of cardio

---------------------------------

Thoughts- Friday was an off day so made it an additional 100g low carb day. Today was a 200g still was feeling groggy throughout the day but was feeling well rested and fueled up for this. Ill be sure to take a picture of how little the gym is on a ship but I got to work with what I have. started off well didn't go heavy on the back squats only to 185 because of the rocking of the ship but I was getting very sound contractions from that and the deficit deadlifts. I tried something new by applying sweet sweat to my legs and calves. I believed it was beneficial when it came to blood flow and prevention of cramping during the duration of the workout. Overall it was a good day but have been exhausted. The first week of getting back on a diet can always be rough but it also excites me because I have missed prepping and it ignites my drive and focus in the gym driving for a goal.

Strong Mind, Strong Body. LoganBrown's Avatar
    LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Loving the high volume workouts. Thinking about upping mine again after I finish up the cut this summer. In to see progress man!
    Strong mind, strong body.

445 Squat/500 Dead/295 Bench

Originally Posted by LoganBrown View Post
    Loving the high volume workouts. Thinking about upping mine again after I finish up the cut this summer. In to see progress man!
    Thanks bro! ill have some progress pics around mid end of april when I can actually upload my pics!

4-01-2018

Chest and Tris

Incline Dumbbell Press

2 warm up sets of 10-12
    2 working sets 8-12

Incline dumbbell flys

2 warm up sets 10-15
    3 working sets 8-12

Flat Dumbbell press *power grip*

1 warm up set-15-20
    3 working sets of 8-12 *partials after failure*

Cable Flys & Push-ups

Push-ups

7 Sets of 10-15 superset to 8-10 Push ups

Tricep-Pulldowns

4 sets of 8-10

One arm cable kick outs

4 sets 8-15 each arm

25 minutes of cardio

------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:

Got to sleep in this morning felt well rested for today. Came in feeling spiffy and strong and hit 90's on the incline dumbbell for 10. My should was starting to tighten up getting into my flys but it loosened up after awhile. Upper chest is always a lagging body part so I really focused on it here along with some partials and good posing/flexing to really tear maximum amount of muscle. 25 minute cardio today with legs yesterday kept it light to get the blood flowing in the wheels super sore. I need to start practicing my quarter turns and posing I always forget how taxing it really is on the body along with my vacuums.

4-2-18

Shoulders, Calves

Dumbbell Lateral Raise

2 warm up sets of 20
    2 working sets 8-12 last set drop set

Dumbbell Shoulder Press superset sitting dumbbell lateral raise

4 working sets 10-20

Plate front raises superset with dumbbell lateral raises

4 sets to failure *15-20*

Dumbbell Rear Delt Flys superset with Single Cable lateral raises

7 sets, 10-15

Stand Calve raises

7 sets , 15-20 *bodyweight*

30 minutes cardio

------------------------------------------

Thoughts;

Tonight was a late night workout around 10pm due to work on the boat. decided to change it up with more volume and less weight and the name of the game was to just keep pumping blood into the delts throughout the workout. The only thing I went heavy on was the rear delt flys. I think this was a good change of pace and shocked my body. tomorrow is high carb day and will see if its going to be another volume through the roof back day or heavy ass rows and deadlifts back day. either way im starting to really feel my groove and focus in the gym again.

4-3-18

Back and Bis

Wide Grip Pull-ups

3 sets to fail

Neutral Grip pull ups

3 sets to fail

Barbell Rows

2 warm up sets of -15-20
    2 working sets 6-10 1 dropset

Dumbbell Rows superset with incline dumbbell rows

3 sets 5-6 each arm

incline dumbbell row-15-20

Wide grip Pulldowns Superset with Straight arm pull-downs

7 sets 12-15

Alternating Dumbbell Curls

6 working sets 10-15

Reverse Ez bar curls superset with ez bar curls

6 working sets of 15-20

30 minutes of cardio

----------------------------------

Thoughts: Super gassy in this workout lol but still had a great pump and flow strangely I was feeling weak on my high carb day but still had a solid muscle mind connection. Legs tomorrow

4-4-18

Legs and Abs

Leg Curls

2 warm up sets of 20
    2 working sets 8-12 1 dropset

Leg Extensions

2 warm up sets of 20
    2 working sets 8-12 1 dropset

Straight leg dumbbell deadlifts

1 warm up set of 10
    2 working sets 8-12

Goblet Squats

3 working sets 12-15

Back Barbell Squats

4 working sets 6-10

Leg Extensions

7 sets of 10-15 *45 second rest*

Standing Calve Raises

7 sets 12-15

Ab Circuit

12 each. 2 rounds

incline reverse crunch
    incline leg raises
    inlcine bicycles

Ab Wheel

3 sets to fail

20 minutes of cardio

---------------------------------

Thoughts: Man this was a tough workout! sometimes knowing a rest day is the next day sometimes you go extra hard especially for legs. Lots of my leg workouts are high volume because they are vital to my physique let alone anyones shape. every other week I plan to make something a more dominant workout like today was quad heavy next week will be hammy heavy. Just like any pose from the bottom up and if I can't produce a solid set of wheels then theres no point to go to the carshow. Sometimes it seems like overkill but I believe high volume is needed to compete in my opinion. Rest day tomorrow and sometimes these are the toughest because they make me go crazy with nothing to do lol.

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Great work! Inspirational.

Best wishes with your contest prep.
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Great work! Inspirational.

Best wishes with your contest prep.
    Thanks my dude!

4-6-18

Chest and Tris

Incline Dumbbell Press

2 warm up sets of 10-15
    2 working sets of 8-12

Incline dumbbell Flys

1 warm up set of 15
    3 working sets 10-15 last set drop set

Flat Dumbbell Press

1 warm up set 10
    3 working sets 6-10

cable crosses

7 sets -10-12

incline push-ups- fail

Tricep Pulldowns

1 warm up set of 25
    4 working sets 8-12

Dumbbell Overhead press *French Press*

6 sets of 6-10

30 Minutes of Cardio

---------------------------------------

Thoughts: I took a scoop of some Red White and BOOM that I save on day im feeling groggy and MAN I came in jacked up. My strength has not dropped since starting my prep got 95lbs incline press for 10 which is strong for me. and got a superb pump and had energy the whole time. My time underway on the ship is coming too a close and ill be able to start my full blown food prep, coaching, and a full access gym with benches/ squat racks that doesn't rock side too side. I was feeling slightly down yesterday just from work has beaten me down but today I regained some swagger with some posing practice and im really pleased with my physique and how much ive progressed from the last show I did. But I know I still got a long way to go and itll come soon enough.

4-7-18

Back, Bi's & Abs

Straight Arm pull-downs superset with Wide-Grip Pull-ups

4 working sets 8-10

Underhand Grip Barbell Rows *Dorians*

2 warm up sets of 15
    2 working sets 8-10

V-Bar lat pull-downs

1 warm up set 20
    3 working sets 10-15

Wide Grip Lat-Pulldowns Superset with incline dumbbell rows

7 sets -10-15

Pulley Cable Bicep curls superset with straight barbell curls

4 sets of - 8-12

Dumbbell Preacher Curls superset with straight barbell curls

4 sets- 8-12 last set drop set for preacher curls

Cable curls Tri-set with Incline Crunch, leg raises

4 sets- 10-15

Dumbbell Curls superset with Ab-Wheel

4 sets 12-20

30 Minutes of cardio

----------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:

Great workout but a bit disappointing I couldn't get deadlifts in because of the rocking of the ship but still was feeling strong hitting barbell rows with 245 for 12. Even after my 7 set I still felt like I had a lot in the tank so I upped my normal amount of workouts for biceps which is in my opinion my weakest bodypart. Threw in some unweighted abs to start making more mind muscle connection and getting back in posing shape also. Posed for roughly 10 minutes and went through my mandatorys and man I was gassed! I pull-in less than two weeks and im excited to be back on land with my fiancé and a real gym and prep. I am curious to see what tweaks will be made with my diet/supps when I'm back in. until then I cant waste any time and just crush it in the gym and get back on routine of cardio.

4-8-18

Delts & Abs

Dumbbell overhead Press

2 warm up sets of 15
    2 working sets 8-12

one arm cable lateral raises

1 warm up set of 15
    3 working sets 10-12 *partials every set after fail*

front dumbbell raise superset with 45lbs plate front raises

3 sets of 8-12 45lbs plate raise to fail

Barbell upright rows superset with dumbbell lateral raises

3 sets 8-12 partials after fail

dumbbell rear delt raises superset with cable face pulls

7 sets of 15

5 sets ab wheel to fail

barbell twists

5 minutes of reps

25 minutes of cardio

--------------------------------------------

Thoughts- DANGG todays workout was tough! but I was feeling the groove. wasn't feeling strong on the dumbbell presses only to 75 but when it comes to prep I cant let ego get in the way. I need strong squeezes and good motion. so everything was lighter weight today with more static holds. I'm going to incorporate more and more ab routines in the workout to help with the posing. additionally my abs last show were a weak spot and need to hit it hard and often. Last note I only got 25 minutes of cardio in because I was about to s*it myself on the treadmill. which is a good thing my metabolism is still rolling strong.