barkoczigabor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about an Upper/Lower 20rep squat

Hello i have a question regarding 20 rep squat twice a week.

I run an upper-lower split tipical 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off.
    On lower body days tho after the 20 rep squat i am so out of gas that my deadlift and every other exercise after that suffered a lot and i also get a bit of a lower back pain if i deadlift after the 20 rep squat.

Would it beneficial to skip the conventional deadlift and move it to upper body days, or maybe dont do 20 rep squats twice and have a deadlift oriented lower body day?

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    20 reps on a compound exercise, sound a bit excessive. Also I'd deadlift first and not more than once a week heavy.

The back pain could be from form break down, which is quite common especially with higher reps on compounds.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    20 reps on a compound exercise, sound a bit excessive. Also I'd deadlift first and not more than once a week heavy.

The back pain could be from form break down, which is quite common especially with higher reps on compounds.
    Well since its 1 set of 20 its not that excessive altho it feels like going to hell and coming back to life. About the back pain yes i counted on the breakdown that is why my deadlift is a 3x5 with ramping up to 1 top set of 5 but it still feels weird. My additional work is medium to light 10-15reps for 2-3 sets with 1 quad dominant and 1 hamstring dominant exercise depending on how it feels.

LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000) LDali is just really nice. (+1000)
    In the og program squats and milk I believe it says do the 20 rep squats 2 or 3 times a week. So doing squats twice and no deadlift is a good option. One day squats and one day deadlift is also an option but the progress will likely be slower. Its probably not advisable to do both in the same workout.
    Don't listen to what I just said I'm actually very weak.
    Goal Physique: Super Majin Buu

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If the lower back pain gets very sharp or very bad see a doctor (or if it becomes a long term issue)

If the pain is very low down, like at the top of your azz / bottom of back, then it could quite probably be the squats. I've had it myself when trying to increase squats weight and increase running distance at same time, just back off the volume until it settles down, then gradually reintroduce the volume again.

(Edit: volume is multiple of: weight * reps)
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 03-24-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Originally Posted by LDali View Post
    In the og program squats and milk I believe it says do the 20 rep squats 2 or 3 times a week. So doing squats twice and no deadlift is a good option. One day squats and one day deadlift is also an option but the progress will likely be slower. Its probably not advisable to do both in the same workout.
    So lets say i could switch out deadlifting to a floor glute ham raise that could be done twice a week since its not that demanding?

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    If the lower back pain gets very sharp or very bad see a doctor (or if it becomes a long term issue)

If the pain is very low down, like at the top of your azz / bottom of back, then it could quite probably be the squats. I've had it myself when trying to increase squats weight and increase running distance at same time, just back off the volume until it settles down, then gradually reintroduce the volume again.

(Edit: volume is multiple of: weight * reps)
    Its the latter so i guess its the squat than.