nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Some help getting started

I’m not really educated on getting built, but am trying very hard to lose some weight and gain muscle so would love some pointers on cutting and bulking

I’m 33 male, 6ft and 90kg. I hold my weight around my waist and tits. Legs and arms are fairly lean. So I look chubby. Man boobs etc.

For 6 weeks I’ve been at the gym 4 times a week. Most days I do around 30 mins on cardio and then weights. Usually 2 muscle groups. My weights have gone up.

I guess my question is am I doing this wrong? Should I be doing loads of cardio to lose my fat and then start trying to build muscle? Or is it good that I’m doing both? I’ve really cut my calories and reduced my carbs and sugar. Also no booze. I just don’t know if my weight training is hurting me lose fat, or my cardio hurting me gain muscle.

6 weeks ago the fat machine (I know it’s not accurate) said 93kg and 32% fat, today says 90kg and 21% fat.

What do you think I should be doing right now with exercise and diet? Any pointers would be great.

jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it's all diet diet diet, actually tackling your diet is more effective than doing cardio for losing weight, make sure to eat at maintenance calorie level, that way your body will use the fat storages for fuelling your muscle, and don't judge yourself purely by your weight, My weight is also going up yet I'm getting more defined which means I'm burning fat and building muscle. This could be whats happening to you also, just have a look at yourself now and after one week, do you feel like you lost some fat?

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh I definitely look and feel better. I’m
    Just confused if I should be doing weights or cardio or both! And then my calorie intake etc

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You must do weights when losing weight otherwise you can lose lean tissue which makes you smaller without your shape improving, you also get weaker with a lower metabolism and more chance of regaining fat.

Cardio can be useful to improve health markers or to burn a few extra calories - but is not essential for fat loss.

So would you suggest I keep my calories controlled and weight lift? And that should get my fat down?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by nezaboy View Post
    So would you suggest I keep my calories controlled and weight lift? And that should get my fat down?
    If you mean dietary fat then no, you need some to be healthy. I suggest reading the sticky threads in the nutrition forum - you need knowlege, you can't shortcut this part. I can't tell you everything you need to know in a couple of lines.

Oh sorry, I mean if I control my diet and weight lift, that will cut my body fat?

Oh sorry, I mean if I control my diet and weight lift, that will cut my body fat?
    Yes - and you should also gain some muscle at the same time unless you try to diet too fast. Adjust your intake so you lose around 1lb a week on average.

jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jooking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yup, pretty much all you have to do is make sure to eat enough protein, keep your calorie intake at maintenance and lift weight and I guarantee you, you will lose weight and look better.

Edit: Not necessarily lose weight but reduce your body fat percentage.

Best formula for maintainace intake?