johndoe8x is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Problem with gaining weight and losing fat

I'm initially 48 kg and now 55kg. I've still have a good body fat (mostly belly). My trainer told me to reach 10-12% body fat goal before bulking and increasing more calorie intake. If i bulk now, i'll more gain fat instead of muscle mass. I agree with him and started setting my goal to reach that body fat%. However it's taking more time than expected (about 3.5 months). What about following keto diet to reach that body fat% in quick way. Is keto good for me in this weight category and for my metabolism, etc. Need suggestions. Thanks!

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You don't have to gain fat in order to gain muscles. What is your height?

Originally Posted by Mikeez0 View Post
    You don't have to gain fat in order to gain muscles. What is your height?
    Nah, i'm not talking about gaining fat. I have said that i'm skinny fatty and in order to build maximum muscle mass, i first have to burn that fat and reach that 10-12% bodyfat. My height is 5'6

Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you been bulking already to reach 55 from 48? Do you know more or less your BF%? You seem to have very little muscle. If you are gaining muscle that will also decrease your BF% because the muscle ration will go up, and it seems much needed.
    “Fight one more round. When your feet are so tired that you have to shuffle back to the centre of the ring, fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped.”

― James Corbett

Originally Posted by Tigress84 View Post
    Have you been bulking already to reach 55 from 48? Do you know more or less your BF%? You seem to have very little muscle. If you are gaining muscle that will also decrease your BF% because the muscle ration will go up, and it seems much needed.
    Exactly. I've been stucked at 55 kg weight from more than 3 months. Weight is just fluctuating near 55kg. I'm also not trying to increase my calorie intake yet so that i can reach that body fat percentage. What do you think ? Should i need to increase my calorie intake? My calorie intake present time is near about 2.5K