thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Why do i feel my tricep working during pull ups?

Back story, the other day i did one arm pull ups.. However i noticed my triceps being worked.. i feel it exactly right where the elbow ends

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stabilization.

thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thexmarcoxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hmmm okay

Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Stabilization.
    No.

The true answer is :
    When you are in the upper position of a pull up the trice is stretched like if it was the bottom part of a tricep extension,part of your body weight is pulling the tricep and making it sore. Holding this position with weights is actually a good tricep workout.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ekaen View Post
    No.

The true answer is :
    When you are in the upper position of a pull up the trice is stretched like if it was the bottom part of a tricep extension,part of your body weight is pulling the tricep and making it sore. Holding this position with weights is actually a good tricep workout.
    I've never felt my triceps being worked after doing pull-ups.

I'm not sure if OP is actually completing one-arm pull-ups or whatever, but they are an extremely difficult exercise that I've never seen anyone do with any degree of casualness. When you flex your biceps you can feel your triceps tighten when initiating the contraction. EXRX says that the long head is a type of stabilizer in the movement, and that might actually correspond to what you're talking about too. Though if you're getting into one-arm pull-ups, then it is rather likely that the arms are just getting heavily taxed all together.

machrx5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Was doing a few chinups last week. After the first set I didn't want to wait for rest so decided to do lying tricep extensions(with light weights in hypertrophy range). after that I rested 1 min then went back to chinup bar and I was surprised to see I could only do 2 chins(last one was kipping). So yeah I recently learnt you also use your tri's in chins and pullups

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    tricep long head acts as a stabilizer and is somewhat connected to your lats

do a straight-arm cable pulldown, you will probably notice that you feel your triceps in that exercise as well. It really isn't that much different than a tricep pressdown, except with a pressdown you're flexing/extending at the elbows rather than moving your whole arm.

Published Fitness Author Bradster101190's Avatar
    Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thexmarcoxz View Post
    Back story, the other day i did one arm pull ups.. However i noticed my triceps being worked.. i feel it exactly right where the elbow ends
    Becuase as sooby said unlike common belief the tricep does not just do elbow extension, it also functions in shoulder extension which you enter when doing a pull-up. What you are experiencing is not completely abnormal and if you still can form a solid mind muscle connection with your lats, squeeze your scapula , and hold peak contraction at the top you will still make great gains. I would also consider adding dead hangs at the end of each pullup set for about 20 seconds just to stretch the back muscles out. As you develop a stornger mind muscle connection and your triceps become adjusted to the slight use , you will no longer feel this sensation.
    Fitness Author at Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com
    Read More Of My Work At: https://www.brad-kelly.com/recent-articles/

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Basic anatomy.

Biceps and triceps are antagonistic muscles, which is why you sometimes feel your triceps doing pullups and your biceps doing bench pressing.

Its not getting worked like the prime muscle in that exercise though.