TyroneR123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Body Recomp question, weight loss/muscle gain

Hey guys, I had a quick question. So I'm 6'0 160lbs high body fat percentage and I'm trying to lose my belly and some man boobs. I read into body recomp and decided to go for it. I read somewhere that eating at a slight calorie surplus on training days and a deficit on cardio days will help me lose fat and gain muscle. So I've been rotating days, one day I'll lift weights and eat high protein calorie surplus and the next day I'll do some cardio and eat at a caloric deficit and repeat. I just wanted to confirm if this actually works and will help me reach my goal of being lean and losing my fat.

Thanks!

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whatever you read is incredibly wrong and you should not consult that source again.

You aren't in a position to recomp, and that's not even how a recomp actually works. If you are high body fat, then it's time to cut plain and simple. Find your TDEE, set a level of calories that allows you to lose roughly 1lb of weight per week, hit protein and fat minimums, lift, do cardio or whatever exercise you want, stay committed, reap benefits.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Recomping is not worth it - too hard to get right, for too minimal of a return on your efforts. If you still have fat, then yes, cut it down...but I'm guessing you also have very little muscle mass at 6'0 160lb...I'd be wary about dropping down much lower at your height...unless your body fat is very high, I might suggest lean bulking to add some mass. Post a pic if you want better advice based on how much fat you're carrying.

Also - how old are you? If you're 20 years old or less, then without a doubt you should be lifting weights and bulking up with a healthy caloric surplus.

jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000)
    I went to college with a guy who was 6.0' and 180lbs.. he was a stick. I'd say you need to cut for sure if some of that 160lbs is excess fat you're carrying around; then once your lean enough, bulk up. The cut/bulk cycling works well and is much simpler than recomping.