Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000)

Squat with doms?

Hi! googled a lot about this topic but cant reach any good conclusions so i thought i would ask some rl opinions.

I usually train quads on sunday meaning squat, deadlift, leg press and leg curls as main setup and as a result i usually have doms all the way to wednesday. I am thinking of adding a second squat day to my reutine on thursday.

So i wonder if it is too soon and might have a counterproductive effect=overtraining? That is on the first day of being reasonably rid of doms.

Worth a try or should i first decrease my workout intensity in order to not have as long lasting doms?

p.s I eat plenty and i sleep 7-8 hours.

bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how long you been squatting ? What are your squat numbers like? I would think that doing deadlifts after squats would be pretty tiring. I dont think you can have an effective deadlift workout after youve squatted your 5 rep max for several sets. I usually like to have deadlifts and squats 2 days apart if i can in order to be at 100% for each. Ive been squatting and deadlifting only once a week for the past 7 months and have went from 135 squat to 265 and deadlifts up to 295 from 185. I would add a second squat day as a speed day when you are not maxing out on weight.

Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigcahunaburger View Post
    how long you been squatting ? What are your squat numbers like? I would think that doing deadlifts after squats would be pretty tiring. I dont think you can have an effective deadlift workout after youve squatted your 5 rep max for several sets. I usually like to have deadlifts and squats 2 days apart if i can in order to be at 100% for each. Ive been squatting and deadlifting only once a week for the past 7 months and have went from 135 squat to 265 and deadlifts up to 295 from 185. I would add a second squat day as a speed day when you are not maxing out on weight.
    thanks for reply.

I have done squats for about a year and the same with deadlifts since i started workout out again seriously 4 years ago after many years of very little workout. Because of previouse lower back issues I am a bit scared to put on too much weight when i squat so i try not to load more than 100kg (more often 90kg) 6-8 sets 12 reps it feels like i could handle more now but as stated above a bit scared to injure my back again. I load more weight on the leg press.

You might be right I do the deadlifts after my squats as to not tire out my core due to the previously stated lower back injury, maybe i should as you wrote put deadlifts on another day. I will try this.

Even so whats your opinion about a second squat day so soon after doms?

bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcahunaburger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I find it weird you still get doms after working out for so long. Like how bad is the doms ? I still get sore, but not doms. Ive only had doms once in my arms after a very long time of not working out. You can try out a second squat day I would say but make it a speed day where you only use 60% of weight. Maybe the increased frequency will make your muscles more acclimatized to leg workouts and reduce doms. Experimenting and seeing how you feel is the only real way to tell though.

Originally Posted by bigcahunaburger View Post
    I find it weird you still get doms after working out for so long. Like how bad is the doms ? I still get sore, but not doms. Ive only had doms once in my arms after a very long time of not working out. You can try out a second squat day I would say but make it a speed day where you only use 60% of weight. Maybe the increased frequency will make your muscles more acclimatized to leg workouts and reduce doms. Experimenting and seeing how you feel is the only real way to tell though.
    Well first 2 days it is really painful to squat/sit i walkaround with straigh legs! third day is just a regular soreness but you are right i think only way to tell is to try it out and maybe the increased frequency will longterm reduce my doms. I hope so.

I will try as you said tommorow and just do lighter workout with less load and see how it goes.

Thanks again this helped.