Reply
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered User Nightfly's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 47
    Posts: 23
    Rep Power: 0
    Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nightfly is offline

    Unhappy Fat Guy Wants to Be a BB

    Long time reader here. Let me Introduce myself and I am 44 years old male who is 320 pounds 6’4”. Lets just say I’m 35 percent fat. I have been lifting without rhyme or reason for probably 27 years. I had an appointment with the endocrinologist where I am hypothyroid and I was devastated by my weight . I would be happy at 250. Right now I am doing an three day a week total weight lifting routine. I have also started a sprint eight interval training outlined by Joseph Mercola. Manically I have had brain tumors and have been on chemo therapy and radiation and amp on a li manically I have had brain tumors and have been on chemo therapy and radiation and am on litany of meds. Anyways, can someone point me to an example of getting back a body from fat to at least healthy. I never intend to bodybuild although I have read how it just opens your eyes when you see your potential. I am overwhelmed by all the information out there and have to finally do something. I have had setbacks where I could have died but I want to really make this life worthwhile. Any routines, outlines is appreciated.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User DCSpartan's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Age: 49
    Posts: 11,178
    Rep Power: 20223
    DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DCSpartan is offline
    Eat better and do daily walks until you get your weight under 270 or so, than go see a doctor and see if they will clear you to start lifting.

    best of luck.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    pheasant plucker Sweetums6000's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 1,365
    Rep Power: 16506
    Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sweetums6000 is offline
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Eat better and do daily walks until you get your weight under 270 or so, than go see a doctor and see if they will clear you to start lifting.

    best of luck.
    As a former fat guy that’s basically what I did: ate less and walked more and started lifting after I lost some weight. Didn’t really do it that way on purpose though. I mostly changed my activity level and eating habits because of a new job, and then discovered lifting a few months later.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User TreHockey's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Location: Canada
    Age: 43
    Posts: 150
    Rep Power: 79
    TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreHockey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    TreHockey is offline
    Originally Posted by Sweetums6000 View Post
    As a former fat guy that’s basically what I did: ate less and walked more and started lifting after I lost some weight. Didn’t really do it that way on purpose though. I mostly changed my activity level and eating habits because of a new job, and then discovered lifting a few months later.
    As a current fat guy, that's what I did to start out. I went from the 340's to around 320 fairly quickly by cutting out the crap and stayed away from drinking my calories. I used to love juice and pop. I also started walking a lot more. I ended up getting a treadmill so I couldn't make excuses for not doing something every day. It wasn't until I got to 320 that I started lifting. I spent a couple weeks seeing what I could and couldn't do at the gym. I finally settled on a routine 2.5 weeks ago and I'm now down to 301. Changing bad eating habits was the hardest part.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Br1dges's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Location: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 26
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    Br1dges is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Br1dges is offline
    Originally Posted by Nightfly View Post
    Long time reader here. Let me Introduce myself and I am 44 years old male who is 320 pounds 6’4”. Lets just say I’m 35 percent fat. I have been lifting without rhyme or reason for probably 27 years. I had an appointment with the endocrinologist where I am hypothyroid and I was devastated by my weight . I would be happy at 250. Right now I am doing an three day a week total weight lifting routine. I have also started a sprint eight interval training outlined by Joseph Mercola. Manically I have had brain tumors and have been on chemo therapy and radiation and amp on a li manically I have had brain tumors and have been on chemo therapy and radiation and am on litany of meds. Anyways, can someone point me to an example of getting back a body from fat to at least healthy. I never intend to bodybuild although I have read how it just opens your eyes when you see your potential. I am overwhelmed by all the information out there and have to finally do something. I have had setbacks where I could have died but I want to really make this life worthwhile. Any routines, outlines is appreciated.
    Hi mate,

    Not really posted that often on here but after reading your post it made me log back in again...

    I weighed just short of 300 pounds in April last year - I'm currently at just under 220 pounds now. I started on a P/P/L split, 6 days a week, 6 days of HIIT cardio and generally 60 odd minutes of walking throughout the day. Firstly you'll need to work out your RMR (resting metabolic rate) and then work from there. Calculate your foods with a 200-300 caloric deficit throughout the day. Make sure these are whole good foods and not processed.

    When going to the gym I would recommend doing 3 or 4 all-body workouts followed by a 15 minute HIT session on either the treadmill or eliptical trainer (Xtrainer) - 30 seconds 100% effort, 30 seconds rest/recover. Stick with your compound lifts during the weight training and you shall see your strength grow, although if you're purely focused on weight loss, I would stick a little lower on the weights and just use them as an additional way of depleting your glycogen.

    After a couple of weeks you will see a decent loss in weight if done correctly, then I would personally up the HIIT to 20 minutes, and so on and so forth. In the months to come you will find that your BF% levels will be dropping as will your weight.

    I hope this helps as an initial starting point...
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts