lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

New home, new home gym.

Blah, injuries, excuses, haven't really lifted in 2 years, went from a strong and lean 92Kg to a lardy and weak 92Kg. 4 inches gained on the waist.

Restart. New home, new area, no gyms close by so I built my own. Excuse the shoddy garage, I'm going to move the gym to the barn later in the year but need to move some floor joists around etc to get the vertical height needed.
    88.4Kg on the scale, dieting to lose the moobs and muffin tops.
    Doing a very simple every other day 5 x 5 approach just to get back into it, will alter when I hit the inevitable wall.
    Cardio is covered off by daily dog walks and random yardio, land maintenance etc.

Week 3, I'm on late shifts at work this week so workouts are in the morning.

Tuesday:
    Yardio: Shifted 40 x 20Kg bales of wood chip stable bedding from the drive down to the barn, part carry, part barrow.

Squat 5 x 5 x 70Kg
    OHP 5 x 5 x 45Kg
    Deadlift 3 x 5 x 80Kg

Pullups 3 x 10 (blue band of shame)
    Dips 3 x 8 x BW

Random fluff and buff curls etc.

Last set of squats (low bar):
    https://youtu.be/A5F7efYt6jw

Last set of OHP:
    https://youtu.be/ctdkefzg1p8
    Last edited by lunchbreak; 03-22-2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Day fail

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Great restart!
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great to see you back Doug! Looking lean and jacked at 88kg and, with muscle memory kicking in, I don't doubt in a few months you'll be back at a solid 92kg and pulling over 200kg again.
    Cool to see the 'EarPods' in use in anger in the gym and nice home set up with the rogue plates and bar and a heavy duty rack
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Great restart!
    Ta. Weights have a long way to go. There may be some old vids left public on the you tubes to show how far I've fallen.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Great to see you back Doug! Looking lean and jacked at 88kg and, with muscle memory kicking in, I don't doubt in a few months you'll be back at a solid 92kg and pulling over 200kg again.
    Cool to see the 'EarPods' in use in anger in the gym and nice home set up with the rogue plates and bar and a heavy duty rack
    Hi Andrew, nice to see you are still at it. Of course I knew you would be, can't change a habit as long as yours. Thanks for the kind words but honestly I need to get under 80Kg in my current state to have any sort of midsection definition. 2 years off has basically meant 10Kg of muscle loss.

I picked the rogue stuff simply because I couldn't find racks as well made or without an annoying bracer bar across the back locally for less. Rogue EU ship out of Belgium but have a maximum delivery fee so once I decided on the rack (R3 bolt together 30") getting the plates and bars was shipping free. I don't think the UPS man was too impressed that day.

I bought 2 x their 140Kg training bumper sets to give me 4 x each major plate, then 2 x the fractional sets as well. I also bought a women's bar for my wife and she's been having fun learning something new.

Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    Welcome and "BACK", glad to have another home gym brother with 24/7 membership.......forget it, I know my English sucks.

Just wanna say hi and good luck.
    Thanks, I do miss the camaraderie with my old gym mates and sometimes the competitive atmosphere helps push you further but overall the convenience of having everything on your doorstep is a major factor. I will be adding things to the gym over time, I just covered the basics for barbell movements for now.

Thursday:

Squat 5 x 5 x 73Kg (high bar)
    Squat 1 x 5 x 73Kg (high bar paused)
    Bench 5 x 5 x 55Kg
    Row 5 x 5 x 55Kg

3 x rounds:
    pushups x 10
    pull-ups x 5 (BW)
    curls x 10 (no idea, have yet to weigh EZ bar)

Some band pulls for shoulder health etc.

My left ankle is causing me some ongoing aches after training. I tore all the ligaments (extreme sprain caused by a tumble down the stairs) a few years ago and it has been tough getting stability in it again. It was also only recently that I regained the dorsiflexion to be able to squat to depth even in squat shoes. It still lags behind the right one but I'm doing as much stretching as I can to improve it.

daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Checked your old logs - damn you got mighty strong pal.. you’ll be back there again in good time.. in for the updated.
    New Year New Me - Lifting after serious illness
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175332111&p=1542264891#post1542264891
    FMH Crew - playing the iron game

Turns out I'm really out of the habit of properly logging. Weights are on my whiteboard in the gym, thats all I need to remind me for the next time.
    I changed some volume up on the upper body movements. I felt a bit under the weather at the start of this week, some sort of low impact bug going around the office but feel great now.

Anyway, today:

Squat: (low bar)
    5 x 90Kg
    5 x 90Kg
    5 x 90Kg
    5 x 90Kg
    5 x 90Kg (2 second paused)
    1 x 130Kg (just as a test I did 120Kg last week so pretty much knew I could but it was a grinder)

Superset:
    10 x 65Kg Bench
    10 x 65Kg Row
    10 x 65Kg Bench
    10 x 65Kg Row
    10 x 65Kg Bench
    10 x 65Kg Row
    10 x 65Kg Bench
    10 x 65Kg Row
    10 x 65Kg Bench
    10 x 65Kg Row

5 x BW pullup
    10 x BW pressup
    5 x BW pullup
    10 x BW pressup
    5 x BW pullup
    10 x BW pressup

Some curls, band stuff for shoulders etc.

Off to Leeds tomorrow to meet up with my mate John. We have tickets to the Europe's Strongest Man competition.

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So you're already making big gains Doug ... 3 weeks in and added 20kg to your 5 x 5 squat! Great volume on the bench and rows as well
    Cool that you're going to "Europe's Strongest Man". Is John the friend you used to do the Strongman stuff with a few years back?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Er, catchup again.

I've swapped to 5 sets of 10 front squats on the deadlift workout to give myself a little recovery from the 5x5 but get some more leg volume in. On Saturday that was 60Kg. Deadlifts were at 100Kg on Sat.

OHP is stalling at 5x5 at 51Kg. I can do one set of 5 x 60Kg easily enough but 5 sets of even 9Kg less is impossible. Swapping to 3 sets and some volume work next time around.

Anyway, today was:

5 x 5 squats @100Kg
    5 x 10 bench @ 70Kg
    5 x 8 row @ 70Kg

skullcrushers, pull-ups, curls etc for the pump.

This workout was a little broken up because I had to keep rescuing my wife where she kept getting the mini tractor stuck trying to harrow a field that wasn't dry enough. Mostly this seemed to involve me unhooking the chain harrow and pulling it around by hand at risk of losing my boots in the mud while she stayed nice and snug on the tractor positioning it for the re-hitch. It has given me an idea though, I may see if I can get a truck pull harness and pull the grader around the arena for some cardio.

Lots of yardio this week, the worst being several hundred yards of hedge trimming. I still have the other side to go but catching breaks between rain showers is tricky.

I had company on one of my dog walks. We decided to give Patsy, one of our little shetlands, a spin around the block.

At the end of last summer we took on 2 rescue shetland ponies as field companions for Kelly's riding pony. They were in a terrible state but one has come completely sound now, the other is always going to have foot issues and run the risk of recurring laminitis but she's happy with her new life so while she'll never be much more than a field ornament she'll get all the love, care and attention she needs. If you can bear to see it this is how they were found by the RSPCA.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by lunchbreak; 04-16-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Originally Posted by lunchbreak View Post
    Er, catchup again.

I've swapped to 5 sets of 10 front squats on the deadlift workout to give myself a little recovery from the 5x5 but get some more leg volume in. On Saturday that was 60Kg. Deadlifts were at 100Kg on Sat.

OHP is stalling at 5x5 at 51Kg. I can do one set of 5 x 60Kg easily enough but 5 sets of even 9Kg less is impossible. Swapping to 3 sets and some volume work next time around.

Anyway, today was:

5 x 5 squats @100Kg
    5 x 10 bench @ 70Kg
    5 x 8 row @ 70Kg
    Solid squats and benching now Doug, and I'd be very happy to do a set of 5 x 60kg push presses, let alone a strict OHP

At the end of last summer we took on 2 rescue shetland ponies as field companions for Kelly's riding pony. They were in a terrible state but one has come completely sound now, the other is always going to have foot issues and run the risk of recurring laminitis but she's happy with her new life so while she'll never be much more than a field ornament she'll get all the love, care and attention she needs. If you can bear to see it this is how they were found by the RSPCA.[/QUOTE]
    Wow @ the before pics! I had no idea their hooves can end up like that. Nice that you could give them a good home
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 04-17-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Always impressive workouts!

Did you see the Europe’s Strongest Man competition?
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Solid squats and benching now Doug, and I'd be very happy to do a set of 5 x 60kg push presses, let alone a strict OHP
    Heh, but then half your shoulder muscles aren't attached properly. I was able to use 60Kg from fairly early on, but in all the previous years of training I only ever made it to 5 x 75Kg which is either a massive failure of programming/form or just indicative that I don't have particularly great shoulder strength potential. Now, having said that I can do 5 "easily enough" it turns out I can only actually do a single set. This is what happened when I tried 2:
    https://youtu.be/JKE3av8F2B8

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Always impressive workouts!
    Did you see the Europe’s Strongest Man competition?
    Ta, yeah was a shame Eddie didn't get the log lift record he wanted. We were up in the gods at first because John bought the tickets so late but we found some spare seats much closer later in the event. It was a pretty good show, no injuries thankfully as its so close to the start of the WSM comp. Well deserved win by Bjornsson who had a sizeable lead over Janashia and Kieliszkowski with Savickas just 2 points behind them. I think the farmers walk event was too heavy, most didn't finish the course.

Wednesday: (pm)

Front squats:
    5 x 10 x 60Kg

OHP:
    5 x 60Kg
    4 x 60Kg
    5 x 52Kg
    5 x 52Kg
    5 x 52Kg
    10 x 40Kg
    10 x 40Kg

Deadlift:
    5 x 5 x 110Kg

Pullups / dips: 3 rounds 6 reps BW
    Laterals/Bent over laterals etc.

Saturday: (am) time limited

Squat:
    3 x 5 x 103Kg

Superset: 3 x
    10 x 73Kg Bench
    10 x 65Kg Row

Had to make this one short due to time constraints, will repeat properly with same weights on Mon.

Keeping it very strict on the 60kg OHPs Doug and looking lean and athletic in that vid!
    No, three quarters of my shoulder muscles aren't attached properly .... no hope for me of doing an OHP more than 30kg ... any more and it has to be a push press and 50kg x 5 is my max without throwing my low back out
    Good to see the deads and squats creeping up

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs