ALittleHusky is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Are My Intermittent Fasting Macros Crazy?

Howdy everyone!

This is my first post on this forum so go easy on me if I do or say anything wrong here or ask a question that has already been asked to death.

Any who, to summarize my current goals, I always like to stay fit and healthy. I've never really been exceptional strength wise anywhere but my legs as an avid bicyclist and soccer player. I have recently been looking to change that and done all kinds of workouts to achieve that goal. Over the last Summer I became very sick and week and lost tons of weight and strength along with it. Seeing as I was already not in a great state as, aside from over Summers between college semesters, I had not worked out consistently for the 2-2.5 years prior this (basically since my senior year varsity soccer season ended) I became very weak.

As reference, my push up max, with good form and full ROM, went from 50-60 to 10-12. Similarly my pull ups dropped from 10-15 to 2-3, so you can see what I'm getting at here. I also put on quite a bit of fat going from ~180-190 lbs to ~200-215 lbs. After getting sick I dropped from 210 to 195! So seeing that my health and fitness was suffering I entered a 4 month bulk to build up some muscle which put me at my current weight of 210-215. So now as you guess I'm starting a cut, a 2 month one to be exact, before alternating cutting and bulking in shorter intervals over the summer.

All that being said, to the topic at hand. I have been interested in trying intermittent fasting as you could probably tell as the mental benefits as well as the ease of dieting for a busy part time worker and full time student sounds amazing coupled with the fat burning aspects of it. So I know that traditionally when cutting you go into a caloric deficit (for my height, weight, age and activity level my BMR is about 2200, TDEE is about 2600) and go protein heavy (ala 50p/30-20c/20-30f) and was considering a calorie count of 2200-2400 with a macro ratio of 50p/25f/25c or a 50p/30f/20c split coupled with a 16-8 fasting window every day (except Wed when I have to workout in the morning instead of night so I eat post workout in the morning and before bed making it a shorter fasting window for that day). I work late on Fridays and have a morning lab so I plan to use them as my rest day (I normally workout 5-6 days a week between resistance training and cardio/soccer practice or games).

Does this sound good to you guys or am I going about this all wrong? I ask because getting THAT much protein in an 8 hour window sounds crazy to me so I'm almost tempted to just return to my old macro split when I was bulking of 30p/40c/30f. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!
    Just your average college student struggling through engineering while also trying to be athletic and aesthetic.

I try and do my research and base my fitness journey on the sciences, well, with exception for "bro science" that is.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ratios don't matter

find your true TDEE and adjust calorie intake accordingly per your goals

Intermittent Fasting is nothing more than an eating schedule/method that SOME people find useful for caloric control

try IF if you want. Net calorie intake, as well as hitting fat and protein requirements with nutritious foods while making gym progress will dictate 99.999% of your success.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

ALittleHusky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    ratios don't matter

Intermittent Fasting is nothing more than an eating schedule/method that SOME people find useful for caloric control

try IF if you want. Net calorie intake, as well as hitting fat and protein requirements with nutritious foods while making gym progress will dictate 99.999% of your success.
    So how would you suggest finding your real TDEE as well as how to gauge caloric intake accordingly?

I assume with a tool like a fitbit or something to track calories burned and the force a deficit of lets say 300-500 calories? Or am I way off the mark here?
    Last edited by ALittleHusky; 03-20-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Just your average college student struggling through engineering while also trying to be athletic and aesthetic.

I try and do my research and base my fitness journey on the sciences, well, with exception for "bro science" that is.

Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    ratios don't matter

IF is more than that, it is also a way to control insulin.
    Principal Engineer
    CS Crew

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlston Heston