Nobeta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help Severe back pain herniated discs, arthritis ect

I'm looking for some ideas that will help my Dad the doctors are saying it's too risky to operate and his only treatment they are offering is pain management and taking morphine everyday for past 3 years is not good it replaced ******** and some other medication that seemed to lose effect!

His condition;

-3 herniated/bulging discs lower back
    -Degenerative arthritis which is wearing the discs away alongside wearing his sciatic nerve.

He has lost his business and lost his house ect from being unable to work and is sick of his life.

I know it's a long shot but is there anyone on here who has any ideas that could help, I've been researching inversion tables and reverse hyperextension ect are these a good shout, mainly the inversion table as some days he struggles to get up?

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read everything you can on Dr Stuart McGill

Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://thehempoilbenefits.com/cbd-oil-chronic-pain

Mckenzie exercises saved my disc when i got injured.

Regards

kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nobeta View Post
    I'm looking for some ideas that will help my Dad the doctors are saying it's too risky to operate and his only treatment they are offering is pain management and taking morphine everyday for past 3 years is not good it replaced ******** and some other medication that seemed to lose effect!

His condition;

-Degenerative arthritis which is wearing the discs away alongside wearing his sciatic nerve.

He has lost his business and lost his house ect from being unable to work and is sick of his life.

I know it's a long shot but is there anyone on here who has any ideas that could help, I've been researching inversion tables and reverse hyperextension ect are these a good shout, mainly the inversion table as some days he struggles to get up?
    You can look at a second opinion. Neurosurgeons vary in the type of cases they will accept depending on risk. I know one in Atlanta that has a high success rate in complex cases, but is very expensive. A second opinion can also offer alternatives to surgery if surgery is not in the cards for you. Cbd could help (unofficially unless you get a doctors rec), but you have to live in a state that allows it.

kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you also considered acupuncture? It's been around enough to have been well studied and could help with chronic pain

Thanks for info guys il do some research on that.

I'm in UK and he doesn't have private health care so everything is on the NHS and he's hit a brick wall. I wonder if CBD oil is legal in the U.K. Probably not but il check.

ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000) ivanhoek1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nobeta View Post

His condition;

How did he get into this condition? Was it an acute injury or something gradual? I think you can rehabilitate an acute injury with exercises, for example the reverse hyper from Louie Simmons. However, I'm not sure if anything can be done with a degenerative disease serious enough or progressive enough to incapacitate. (outside of medical treatment)

Originally Posted by ivanhoek1 View Post
    How did he get into this condition? Was it an acute injury or something gradual? I think you can rehabilitate an acute injury with exercises, for example the reverse hyper from Louie Simmons. However, I'm not sure if anything can be done with a degenerative disease serious enough or progressive enough to incapacitate. (outside of medical treatment)
    He had back pain for years and ignored it. He become a taxi driver and was sitting in car for over 10 hours a day which made everything worse until he couldn't sit in driving position anymore and got diagnosed with 3 badly herniated discs and degenerative arthritis and his sciatic nerve wearing away aswell and with posture has worsened recently and now has nerve trouble in his neck and has to get electric shock treatment on nerves to try and energise/repair them.

DrMarcPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Finding a McKenzie certified Physical Therapist is a good start. You can go to their website and look for providers and hopefully they are covered by his insurance.

I'm certified in McKenzie and I've had amazing results with this approach especially for sciatica.

I actually have a online program with exercises that help people stay out of back pain. I'd be happy to help out if you are interestesd. This is what I do.
    To your health,

Marc Robinson, PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
    Physical Therapist/Co-founder of Evercorelife.com

SilvanaWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I second McKenzie stretches, they do wonders. If he is at all mobile and can handle it, some light exercise might help, but please check with his doctor first.