AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Weight Always Fluctuates 5 Pounds/Week When Changing Diets?

So I've realized that whenever I change up my diets my weight always goes full retard. A couple days ago I was around 114 pounds after a 5 week recomp, now I decided to add a 200 calorie surplus on top of that to head into a lean bulk. It's been about 2 days and I've already gained 2.5 pounds.

I'm sure I'm not tracking calories incorrectly but I don't think it's water weight as I never ate much sodium in general (very little processed/packaged foods, only whole foods) and I wasn't low carb or anything. (About 65% calories were from carbs.)

Same thing happened when I first started lifting and did my recomp 5 weeks ago (was eating at a ~200 calorie deficit, but not intentionally as I never tracked macros before). Weight crashed down about 5 pounds in a week of recomp (yes even though I upped calories my weight dropped rofl).

I know this probably isn't a huge deal as there's no big difference mirror-wise but I'm just curious as to why this is happening. Let me know what yall think.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    114lbs - unless you are really short, you should not be doing anything other than mass gain... And look past short term fluctuations for the long term trend.

AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    114lbs - unless you are really short, you should not be doing anything other than mass gain... And look past short term fluctuations for the long term trend.
    I'm barely 5ft 3 rofl

EDIT: I thought I'd stop leaving the "P.S not anorexic, just 5ft 3" at the end of all my posts with my weight in them but obviously I need to keep them in until I bulk up more ahahah. Thanks for the advice though.

Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AppropriateGuy View Post
    I'm barely 5ft 3 rofl

EDIT: I thought I'd stop leaving the "P.S not anorexic, just 5ft 3" at the end of all my posts with my weight in them but obviously I need to keep them in until I bulk up more ahahah. Thanks for the advice though.
    5'3" and male? You're still too skinny. Stop dieting to lose weight/fat, and instead diet to gain weight/muscle.

To answer your question, though, it's water/gut weight.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So where does the 10 lb / inch rule tend to drop off at?

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AppropriateGuy View Post
    I'm barely 5ft 3 rofl

And also hopefully because you're actually aware that it's a serious mental and physical illness and isn't something to joke about.