Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    I like Protein bars so much, I usually only have them on Sundays, when I eat more intuitively and not try so hard to stay in a caloric deficit.

Costco has a great variety of affordable bars.
    The Kirkland brand is pretty decent tasting, good macros, and quite affordable.
    They also carry the FitCrunch which I like very much.

Dymatize bars are also good, but a bit small.
    I like a big, hearty, filling protein bar.

Some people might laugh at this, but I do like the MetRx bars ... they are huge and tasty, but they do pack LOTS of calories, so I usually eat a couple on Sunday. We were shopping at Walmart today and I bought me two MetRx bars for tomorrow. Paid less than $4 and they are just huge.

The bb.com Signature bars are actually amazing.
    If you never tried those, they are worth looking at.
    Can't go wrong with those.

I promised myself I'll never buy big quantities of bars again ... when I started to slide off the wagon two years ago and started gaining weight again, it was ... yup ... the protein bars. I bought me a truckload of Dymatize and Kirkland bars, and ended up liking them so much that I started overeating them.

Never again I'll usually have 2 bars on Sunday, and occasionally try to fit one into my macros here and there throughout the week.
    Interesting. I have the bars on a regular basis, especially like right now when I haven't done grocery shopping after vacation (waiting on next pay day). The Met-RX, I like the peanut butter pretzel one but I could not eat the cookie dough one. One of the few I've actually thrown away. I did try the Costco ones before but not a fan. They are okay but were hard to eat so kind of like Quest, had to microwave to make it a little easier to consume. Haven't tried the BB ones yet.

Friday wasn't too bad as I worked a close shift, switched with a coworker. We get a little slower on Friday night due to the area the store is located. Yesterday was a little struggle with what to eat and the several times as I worked 10-6. On weekends we are only open until 6 but it can be hard to eat and work since I'm in the pharmacy. Also, would have had coffee but I only got 2 sips then knocked it down on the ground by the lockers. Sad moment, cleaning up spilled coffee.

Friday
    1 - low sugar greek yogurt mocha crunch
    2 - owyn snack bar (some protein, lots of pumpkin seeds in it, was on clearance) Starbucks iced coffee with pumpkin syrup
    3 - tuna sandwich
    4 - sweet chili quaker rice cakes
    5 - mushroom ravioli lean cuisine
    1300 calories

Saturday
    1 - chocolate strawberry built bar
    2 - hard boiled eggs, two crackers, slice of cheddar cheese
    3 - optimum nutrition honey sriracha protein ridges
    4 - chocolate cherry built bar
    5 - peas, 1/2 serving rice, bit of cheese and last bit of edible cookie dough from 7-11

So far the Built Bars are interesting. The center texture is very different from other protein bars. They are almost like a cross between a gel, mousse and nougat. Like a little candy bar almost with the flavor of the chocolate coating. Strawberry and cherry have had a very similar flavor. Will have to try the mocha or something to see how it goes with a non-fruit option. I have a mixed variety and plenty of bars plus they are 110 calories per bar, so a good option right now. Haven't weighed myself yet. Will need to do that at some point.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10