DMAN839 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Almost 3 months of lifting and not seeing results but i can i feel results!

Hello, im new to this forum and back in january i got back into lifting again after seeing how bad my body was when i looked in the mirror so idecided to make a change. im a pretty hefty guy so my main goal is to burn fat and gain muscle. I lift 5 days a week with 2 days rest. ive cut sweets and junk out of my diet. however im not seeing any results, but i can feel some change, im just not seeing it when i look in the mirror. So should i just be patient and in time the changes will come or am i doing something wrong in my routine?

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you losing weight, getting stronger? If you are then you are making progress even if you can't see it. Just because you can't see any changes doesn't mean there aren't any, it's hard to notice them when the changes are gradual. I record measurements as that's the best way for me to see progress as weight can fluctuate depending upon water weight and differences in the mirror are not obvious.

As for your program 3 day full body programs in general work best for beginners like Fierce 5, Starting strength, Strong lifts etc. But without details we can't say if there is anything wrong with your routine, same regarding your diet.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DMAN839 View Post
    Hello, im new to this forum and back in january i got back into lifting again after seeing how bad my body was when i looked in the mirror so idecided to make a change. im a pretty hefty guy so my main goal is to burn fat and gain muscle. I lift 5 days a week with 2 days rest. ive cut sweets and junk out of my diet. however im not seeing any results, but i can feel some change, im just not seeing it when i look in the mirror. So should i just be patient and in time the changes will come or am i doing something wrong in my routine?
    Cutting sweets and junk out of your diet isn't good enough, you can still easily overeat on all the "right things". Get your diet in check, thats 90% of the solution.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on your lifestyle change! 2 months generally isn't long enough to see any dramatic results in muscle growth, especially if there's a lot of fat covering the muscles. As the other poster said, are your lifts going up/getting stronger? Have you lost pounds? If you're overweight/have high body fat, then yes the weight on the scale should be dropping.

And yes - DIET IS KEY. Not just what you eat, how much you eat. Count your calories, that's the ONLY way to take control of your fat loss. Guessing isn't good enough nine times out of ten. Without knowing more info, I'd agree with doing a 3/week beginner routine (fierce 5 is great) and eating a reasonable caloric deficit everyday.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Have you lost any weight since you started in January? How much?

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I was a hefty guy and lost 100 pounds oddly I did not look bigger at the end of it. Gaining a few pounds of muscle and losing 100 pounds of fat makes one look smaller.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl