dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

lower back pain...

Keep getting lower back pain when i do deadlifts.

Always had issues with my back. Doing deadlifts seems to aggravate it.

Everyone keeps saying it is my form... and to post videos.

My physio had a feel around and said that it was really stiff. He had 3 sessions and it seemed to come good... until i did light romanian deadlift on thurs. Today its really sore...

Physio was saying my core is really weak and i should focus on strengthening it.

Any advice? Should i just focus on form... with some personal training? Core?

Sports doctor? Chiropractor?

scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotia80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same problem here, stopped doing deadlifts and squats and no back pain just found alternative exercises

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1- stem cell therapy
    2- prp (rich platelet plasma injections)

(these two treatments are magic and natural, but also $$$, this is how elite athletes recover quickly while we normal people suffer, doctors don't even tell us about these things)

3- hip mobility and strengthening exercises! (learn from your physical therapists and youtube videos etc.)
    4- hypers 2x weekly 2 working sets after warm up (don't go hyper thou, come up to straight only)
    5- hip belt squats! (allows heavy leg workout with zero back involvement, and amazing for rehab to improve back and hips and relieve pain)
    6- sack swing (after your hip belt squats walk around for a few minutes with the weights still between your legs)
    7- chiropractor (do NOT let him/her do ANYTHING that hurts)
    8- heavy supplementation with turmeric supplements and joint formula (glucosamine, msm, chondroitin etc.) (allows pain relief and recovery, prevents further degeneration)
    9- be careful with leg press, better don't do it at all, it STILL involves lower back
    10- foam roller, rumble roller, good sleep position, hang, stretch etc.

Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A weak core could be a possibility. Do you have anterior pelvic tilt or anything? Could possibly be a weak core and overactive hamstrings/underactive glutes etc affecting the balance of your body. Stretch out those hips and quads and do some core work. I think people understimate the importance of a strong core. I certainly have, and am paying for it now. Although I would take my advice with a pinch of salt, professional help is the best and scans could get you a better idea.

and foamroll. srs

dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustman007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Poor mobility in left hip...

Getting sore left knee when i do squats... related?

Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dustman007 View Post
    Poor mobility in left hip...

Getting sore left knee when i do squats... related?
    Yes. Stretch quads, hip flexor mobility stretches both static and dynamic. Clams helped me massively, google them.

DrMarcPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Be careful with continuing to deadlift with back pain because your back is communicating information to you telling you something needs to change. Without an assessment its going to be difficult for anyone to help your exact problem.

As general info about back pain, there are poor correlations between weakness causing back pain in the research. However, if you are lifting too much weight and the tissue ie. muscles, ligaments, tendons, discs in the back are have not adapted to that weight then you have a higher change of injurying the back.

In my experience, specific stretches for the spine work wonders. I've used to simpliest exercises to help people get out of back pain. There is great research on it. I used to work for a big outpatient hospital as a physical therapist but now I help people stay out of back pain with an online course.
    To your health,

Marc Robinson, PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
    Physical Therapist/Co-founder of Evercorelife.com

Changed my hand grip on squats tonight... and the knee pain disappeared. Can that be right?

Definitely need to work on left hip. So tight

SilvanaWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely check your form and your weight. I would try volume with lighter weights and strenthen your core. You could use a belt on even lighter lifts, my PT suggested this for me when rehabbing a slipped disc. Also McKenzie exercises, you can read about them here https://www.livestrong.com/article/3...for-back-pain/

But don't go too long without getting a diagnosis.

Originally Posted by SilvanaWilliams View Post
    Definitely check your form and your weight. I would try volume with lighter weights and strenthen your core. You could use a belt on even lighter lifts, my PT suggested this for me when rehabbing a slipped disc. Also McKenzie exercises, you can read about them here https://www.livestrong.com/article/3...for-back-pain/

But don't go too long without getting a diagnosis.
    Yeah, I was considering getting a belt... but was told in these forums that a belt can't make up for poor form.

Going to see a powerlifting coach tomorrow, big bad mofo. hopefully he'll be able to set me straight on workout program and nutrition.

Have received some form coaching... did deadlifts yesterday by myself using what I remembered from the instructions... and relatively pain free today.

Saw a sports doctor who suggested getting xray and MRI, have done those... see him on 23rd for diagnosis. Definitely one of my discs, on the right side, feels all "gunky".