Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How can a skinny guy like me gain weight, what should I be eating?

I know lifting weights and exercising is a critical factor but as far as eating I'm somewhat confused. I'm about 6'4 and only weigh 200 pounds. My question is how do I go about eating lots of calories, but at the same time eat foods that I can digest properly. For example, complex carbs like brown rice and pasta make me gain quicker but are very hard on my gut, though I've noticed that I gain when I eat those but its not healthy for me to constantly eat pasta and such on a daily. Also, I'm pretty lactose sensitive so I can only be more comfortable eating dairy foods wayyyy later in the day or late at night when I'm at home. So basically I need foods that can help me gain but at the same time not put a strain on my digestive tract. If its possible I hope you guys can give me some feedback. thanks.

TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don’t know how skinny you are but by the sounds of it you could probably eat anything you wanted without any bad side effects as long as you stick to bulking macros specific to you. I’ve been bulking for a year (I was also extremely skinny) and I’d have a giant bowl of cereal in the morning, a big protein shake straight after gym, about 4 slices of wholemeal bread and tuna, chicken and about 100g (as sold) of rice for dinner with some veg. Then the few remaining macros I have left I just eat whatever I fancy.

Personally I’m like you with the pasta in particular. For some reason I can eat like 5 fusilli pieces of pasta and I’m already bloated and full af! It’s really weird and only happens with pasta for me

Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oneil89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheRevilo View Post
    I don’t know how skinny you are but by the sounds of it you could probably eat anything you wanted without any bad side effects as long as you stick to bulking macros specific to you. I’ve been bulking for a year (I was also extremely skinny) and I’d have a giant bowl of cereal in the morning, a big protein shake straight after gym, about 4 slices of wholemeal bread and tuna, chicken and about 100g (as sold) of rice for dinner with some veg. Then the few remaining macros I have left I just eat whatever I fancy.

Personally I’m like you with the pasta in particular. For some reason I can eat like 5 fusilli pieces of pasta and I’m already bloated and full af! It’s really weird and only happens with pasta for me
    Thanks for the input man. I think I might just stick to eating a big pan of pasta no more that twice a week at best. I think that will be a safe bet for me. When I wake up in the morning I eat a big bowl of organic oatmeal with flaxseeds in them. I haven't really tried shakes for gaining though. Do they make shakes for people who are lactose sensitive? I'm not saying I don't eat any dairy at all, its just that I cannot eat it before going to work in the morning or throughout the day or else I may feel a bit bloated.

And to be honest i haven't been keeping up with my calories as I should lately but I will start from this point on. Also, I haven't lift weights or anything since college but I wanted to get my nutrition in order before signing up to a gym membership.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Oneil89 View Post
    When I wake up in the morning I eat a big bowl of organic oatmeal with flaxseeds in them.
    What is the difference between organic oatmeal and normal one? If you want to gain weight, you have to be in a calorie surplus. Organic oatmeal or french fries, until you aren't in a surplus you won't gain a single lb.

Originally Posted by Mikeez0 View Post
    What is the difference between organic oatmeal and normal one? If you want to gain weight, you have to be in a calorie surplus. Organic oatmeal or french fries, until you aren't in a surplus you won't gain a single lb.
    Organic means it doesn't have those artificial flavors or preservatives, just plain. But you're right I need to up my calories asap and hit the gym.

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Oneil89 View Post
    Organic means it doesn't have those artificial flavors or preservatives, just plain.
    Organic refers to the methods used in growing/raising the foodstock, not how it's processed or prepared to eat.

Originally Posted by LactoseTolerant View Post
    Organic refers to the methods used in growing/raising the foodstock, not how it's processed or prepared to eat.
    True, well I get my oatmeal from a local farmer. I should have mentioned this earlier.

JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnStax98 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I have the same Issue, what really helped was eating 220g of oatmeal for breakfast, along with fruit. I usually wat half before going to class and then eat the rest in class. Although its almost half a pound of food its very light on your stomach and has lots of nutrients.

Benefits are:
    -Cheap to buy
    -Easy to prepare
    -Easy to transport
    -Calorie dense

220g is about 5 servings which is 15G of Fat, 135G of Carbs, and 25G protein and 750 Calories

anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Peanuts, cashew, almond, hazelnut, these are very high in calories and eaiting them daily definitely will help