ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cheapest place to order standard, olympic, iron plates?

I am looking to get a decent amount of iron plates, around 600lbs or so, but wasn't sure where the best place was to order them from. I can't seem to find anywhere local (San Antonio) that has just your standard, black, olympic plates as I would like to avoid shipping but I'd rather pay for that vs using the stuff you find at the big box sports stores.

So far, York's website was the cheapest I found at $0.89/lb before shipping which would run around $160. Any other online options I should check out? I bought most of my other stuff from Rogue but their iron plates are on the pricier side.

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I am looking to get a decent amount of iron plates, around 600lbs or so, but wasn't sure where the best place was to order them from. I can't seem to find anywhere local (San Antonio) that has just your standard, black, olympic plates as I would like to avoid shipping but I'd rather pay for that vs using the stuff you find at the big box sports stores.

So far, York's website was the cheapest I found at $0.89/lb before shipping which would run around $160. Any other online options I should check out? I bought most of my other stuff from Rogue but their iron plates are on the pricier side.
    If you don't mind driving over to Houston to pickup your order (no shipping cost) you could pick up Cap Standard Black Plates for about 90 cents a pound.

http://wfathleticsupply.com/cap-barb...-plates-black/

Other than that I would check with Academy Sports. When I lived in San Antonio they were always running sales on Olympic Plates and weight sets. I believe they could also custom order products from their suppliers for you as well if it was something they didn't stock. It might be worth checking out.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post

Rep seems to have a good deal on very basic style plates, some say their 45’s are a tad small, but I can’t say for sure.

They are within 3% of stated weight, which is better than a big box store’s options.