Registered User RodionZhukovich's Avatar
    RodionZhukovich is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing belly fat

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to lose all this belly fat I have but since I have no knowledge of working out and diets, I thought it was a good idea to make a profile here and ask you guys.
    To describe my current physic, I'm 1,83m tall and weigh around 66kg (+/-145lbs). It's not hard to imagine what my body looks like, I'm fairly skinny safe for my belly. If you would push a stylo through a lemon you would get an idea of what i look like!
    My question is, how do I get rid of all that fat? I also want to live a bit healthier in general so I need tips on what to eat. If you're wondering what I eat right now, my diet mainly consists of tuna sandwhiches and pasta (sometimes even whole grain pasta) with greek yoghurt and a little red pesto. I eat that about every other day when I'm at my student home. Since a couple of days I started doing these HIIT work outs, but I'm not sure if they will do me any good if I don't change my eating routine. But I like doing those because I can do them at home, I also have a pair of dumbbells that I should probably use more.
    What can I eat and what should I avoid eating? I think the hardest thing for me is eating at regular intervals, I always skip breakfast, sometimes it happens that I don't eat anything at noon too. I probably should start eating more fruit too.
    Can anyone suggest me the most effective diet and workout routine for me?

best regards,

Rodya

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read stickies. Count calories, lift weights.

Use online calorie calculator to get a rough idea of what your maintenance calories are (number of daily calories where you don't lose or gain weight). Eat at maintenance calories for a while (6 months), then adjust from there. "Adjust from there" means eat 250-500 calories below maintenance to lose fat with minimal muscle loss, eat same amount more to gain muscle with minimal fat gain.

Take your weight in pounds (lbs) and eat that much in grams of daily protein, a bit less or more is fine. Half of that in grams of fat, a bit less or more is also fine. The rest of calories can come from carbs or more fat and/or protein (see last paragraph below)

Get on a real lifting and cardio routine, don't do something you made up. Read stickies in workout routines section.

Bloating, gas, fat and water storage around the belly often means you should ask yourself wether you should even be eating dairy and gluten and high carb intake. If you digest them well and experience zero issues, great! Eat that stuff! If not, you may need to take those things down.

good luck,

Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    Read stickies. Count calories, lift weights.

Use online calorie calculator to get a rough idea of what your maintenance calories are (number of daily calories where you don't lose or gain weight). Eat at maintenance calories for a while (6 months), then adjust from there. "Adjust from there" means eat 250-500 calories below maintenance to lose fat with minimal muscle loss, eat same amount more to gain muscle with minimal fat gain.

Take your weight in pounds (lbs) and eat that much in grams of daily protein, a bit less or more is fine. Half of that in grams of fat, a bit less or more is also fine. The rest of calories can come from carbs or more fat and/or protein (see last paragraph below)

Get on a real lifting and cardio routine, don't do something you made up. Read stickies in workout routines section.

Bloating, gas, fat and water storage around the belly often means you should ask yourself wether you should even be eating dairy and gluten and high carb intake. If you digest them well and experience zero issues, great! Eat that stuff! If not, you may need to take those things down.

good luck,
    Thanks for the reply. I don't really understand all these terms like "eat at maintenance calories" but what you're saying is that I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over a certain amount of calorie intake? I used a calculator I found on the internet (for the maintenance calories), and the result is 2027 calories. Then it gave me a list for weight loss (1824 calories for moderate and so on). Should I base a diet on that? That's basically what you said in the first part of your reply right?
    On the other side of the question, getting fit. You don't recommand that 30-day HIIT workout thing (I didn't made it up myself, it's a site on the internet). I was also planning on picking up judo or tennis like I used to do when I was a kid. Not sure if they will help much, as long as I can move around a little more I'm fine.

cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmonBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RodionZhukovich View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I don't really understand all these terms like "eat at maintenance calories" but what you're saying is that I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over a certain amount of calorie intake? I used a calculator I found on the internet (for the maintenance calories), and the result is 2027 calories. Then it gave me a list for weight loss (1824 calories for moderate and so on). Should I base a diet on that? That's basically what you said in the first part of your reply right?
    On the other side of the question, getting fit. You don't recommand that 30-day HIIT workout thing (I didn't made it up myself, it's a site on the internet). I was also planning on picking up judo or tennis like I used to do when I was a kid. Not sure if they will help much, as long as I can move around a little more I'm fine.
    "Eat at maintence calories" usually refers to your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). This formula relies on your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and activity factors (such as gym, work, etc). Use a TDEE calculator online and eat at a caloric deficit (around 200-500). So if your TDEE is 2027, your daily intake should be between 1527 and 1827.

As long as you're at a caloric deficit, you will lose weight. It really works, honestly. Use a tracking app such as MyFitnessPal as people often underestimate how much they're eating (been there, done that).

If your goal is primarily weight loss, weight lifting isn't necessary. I do however recommend it. Resistance training will help shred the fat and prevent you from being "skinny fat". Ultimately, any exercise is good. If you enjoy tennis and judo, doing either activity will aid fat loss.

Originally Posted by cmonBruh View Post
    "Eat at maintence calories" usually refers to your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). This formula relies on your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and activity factors (such as gym, work, etc). Use a TDEE calculator online and eat at a caloric deficit (around 200-500). So if your TDEE is 2027, your daily intake should be between 1527 and 1827.

As long as you're at a caloric deficit, you will lose weight. It really works, honestly. Use a tracking app such as MyFitnessPal as people often underestimate how much they're eating (been there, done that).

If your goal is primarily weight loss, weight lifting isn't necessary. I do however recommend it. Resistance training will help shred the fat and prevent you from being "skinny fat". Ultimately, any exercise is good. If you enjoy tennis and judo, doing either activity will aid fat loss.
    Thanks man! I'm not sure how much I eat each day, it always looks like I'm not eating much but I'll take note of that. I got the idea for HIIT from this thread forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160348021 . A lot of people seem to have this problem, I hope I can get rid of it, I find it a bit puzzling to work out a diet. In any case I really need to change my lifestyle, the only excercise I get is walking to my classes. Thanks again for the help!

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At your stats, the last thing you need to be doing is losing weight. The little fat you have appears like more because you have such little muscle. Cutting further isn't going to fix that. You need to focus on adding mass not losing weight.

Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    At your stats, the last thing you need to be doing is losing weight. The little fat you have appears like more because you have such little muscle. Cutting further isn't going to fix that. You need to focus on adding mass not losing weight.
    Thanks for your reply! Any tips on what diet to follow or what kind of work out I need?

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RodionZhukovich View Post
    Thanks for your reply! Any tips on what diet to follow or what kind of work out I need?
    Eat enough to gain ~2lbs per month and follow a good plan like Fierce 5, stronglifts, starting strength or all pros.