aboshamal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Please help. I need an answer from an expert in this kind of stuff

I have a couple of questions. I just got my pre-workout and used it for the first time. It has about 274 milligrams of caffeine per serving.

I take my pre-workout, pretty late at around 6:40 pm and start working out around 7:10 pm.I go to bed usually around 12am-2am. I have taken pre-workout before around 5 years ago when I used to workout every day, I stopped going to the gym for a while now and started back last year. Now I workout (CrossFit) 3 days a week. I have been doing crossfit for a year now and just start to take pre-workout to help. I'm also in a fairly good shape now.

1- What do you do if you still feel the pre-workout at home after working out?

2- My heart was beating really really fast during my workout (from the pre-workout). I usually do not eat anything until after working out so I took it on an empty stomach. I did read that you need to eat something before taking the pre-workout in order not to feel light headed or jittery. So my question is, if I eat something will it help with the crazy heart beat during the workout? If so, what is the best thing to eat (for someone that is trying to lose a lot weight and build muscles)? And If take my pre-workout at 6:40pm and start working out at 7:10pm, what time is best to eat? I have read an hour before taking your pre-workout. But what do you guys do? and what should I do?

3- Any other useful advice?

Thank you all.
    Last edited by aboshamal; 03-14-2018 at 02:40 AM.

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always take my PWO on an empty stomach. I get better results and no nauseous feeling.

What time do you go to bed? You should’ve taken half a scoop at first to assess tolerance. Also, if you’re new to working out you may want to consider skipping the PWO, especially if you aren’t in good shape. How long have you been working out?
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

Originally Posted by jtaylor2010 View Post
    I always take my PWO on an empty stomach. I get better results and no nauseous feeling.

What time do you go to bed? You should’ve taken half a scoop at first to assess tolerance. Also, if you’re new to working out you may want to consider skipping the PWO, especially if you aren’t in good shape. How long have you been working out?
    I just updated my post but I go to bed usually around 12am-2am. I have taken pre-workout before around 5 years ago when I used to workout every day, I stopped going to the gym for a while now and started back last year. Now I workout (CrossFit) 3 days a week. I have been doing crossfit for a year now and just start to take pre-workout to help. I'm also in a fairly good shape now.

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you can, try to get in a small snack before working out. Try go to half the serving size and see how you feel. Post workout wise, how big is your dinner? I don't take my pre til 8 pm, so I usually have a high carb, high fat meal around bed time~

Try to experiment and see what works
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*

Originally Posted by yoojungl View Post
    If you can, try to get in a small snack before working out. Try go to half the serving size and see how you feel. Post workout wise, how big is your dinner? I don't take my pre til 8 pm, so I usually have a high carb, high fat meal around bed time~

Try to experiment and see what works
    I try to not have a big dinner because I take a post workout as well and the fact that I want to keep losing weight (fat) while building muscles. So sometimes I would have really big dinner and sometimes it is "normal" dinner. My next step is that I will try to take half of the serving and see how that goes.

cdnecam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A not so quick note on the crazy heart beat... I would recommend decreasing your caffeine intake. Caffeine is an adenosine inhibitor. Adenosine does a number of things, like decrease blood pressure via vasodilation, regulate heart rate as well as force of contraction, decreases your heart's pacemaker current, and a bunch of other things (1). When you inhibit adenosine via caffeine, you can expect the opposite effects (ie: increased heart rate and contraction, increase blood pressure, etc). Combine that with increased sympathomimetic autonomic stimulation (your fight-or-flight portion of nervous system - normal when you're exercising) and you can expect to feel your heart pounding.

You can see why people want to take caffeine to help feel more energy when working out. My concern would be the long term effects, that are not visible to the eye. For one thing, people develop tolerance to caffeine, meaning they need more to feel the same effects. Secondly, with the increased sustained cardiac output and subsequent high blood pressure, it would likely increase your risk of developing cardiovascular issues - things like stroke, heart attack, and kidney problems (2). If your blood pressure is sustained after your workout, this continues unneeded stress on the heart.

While 270 mg might be hardly anything for one person, others are more sensitive. If you feel jittery or your heart pounding, I personally would suggest you decrease your dose to about 100 mg, and increase or decrease by 25mg increments. I am not a doctor and my advice is no substitute. If you have any concerns or health problems, see a medical doctor.

1) cvpharmacology.com/antiarrhy/adenosine
    2) allinahealth.org/mdex/ND7535G.HTM

Blue Star Nutraceuticals Gym God's Avatar
    Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aboshamal View Post
    I have a couple of questions. I just got my pre-workout and used it for the first time. It has about 274 milligrams of caffeine per serving.

I take my pre-workout, pretty late at around 6:40 pm and start working out around 7:10 pm.I go to bed usually around 12am-2am. I have taken pre-workout before around 5 years ago when I used to workout every day, I stopped going to the gym for a while now and started back last year. Now I workout (CrossFit) 3 days a week. I have been doing crossfit for a year now and just start to take pre-workout to help. I'm also in a fairly good shape now.

1- What do you do if you still feel the pre-workout at home after working out?

2- My heart was beating really really fast during my workout (from the pre-workout). I usually do not eat anything until after working out so I took it on an empty stomach. I did read that you need to eat something before taking the pre-workout in order not to feel light headed or jittery. So my question is, if I eat something will it help with the crazy heart beat during the workout? If so, what is the best thing to eat (for someone that is trying to lose a lot weight and build muscles)? And If take my pre-workout at 6:40pm and start working out at 7:10pm, what time is best to eat? I have read an hour before taking your pre-workout. But what do you guys do? and what should I do?

3- Any other useful advice?

Thank you all.
    1. Resort to lowering your dose, or don't take it.

2. See 1. Working with your diet is not black or white, so I can't give you a definitive answer. You'll need to do your own research and find out what works best for you as there are variables.

3. I personally wouldn't use or suggest a pre-workout for CrossFit. My heart would be ripping out of my ribcage if a I used a pre-workout for this form of exercise.
    Chris Belanger | Vice President, Sales
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com
    chris@bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    ********: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals